Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel

• Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (1)
Mark

Mark

Ok but I have used better

Its ok but expensive.
I now use borax powder mixed with sugar or honey.
Borax is still the cheapest and most effective i have seen.
Ant sand is useless against these small black ants they trudge all over it with no effect.
Another very good deterrent is mortein professional spray in a 2.5 litre spray container and Pest Xpert Pro spray crawling that you get from bunnings ..But make sure its the one with the nozzle that flips up and that its the Crawling one not the flying insect one.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Pet OwnerYes
Reg

RegSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cost of product.

Yes it seems to have some effect in reducing the infestation but my gripe is the price for such a minute quantity. Please Selleys, market a bigger pack at a more reasonable cost per gram.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.00.

Infested AreaOutdoors
Pet OwnerNo
HelenC

HelenCFar North Queensland, QLD

Black ant problem in the bedroom in Cairns.

We have a bad black ant problem in our house here in Cairns. We found where they were coming and going from our air conditioner and sealed up the hole in the block wall but now they are in the built-in wardrobe. My husband bought some Talon Ant Killer Gel so I thought I would use it this morning were they are tracking but at this stage they seem to walk around and over but no interest shown. The product is easy to use and I will give it time to see if the ants go. Stay tuned I will let you know if I have success but at this stage I have to wonder.
Note before this I used Boric Acid but no success.

Pest Control Products

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

Keith d.

Keith d.AU

Not perfect but . . . . .

lets face it . . . . . you never get rid of ants. Amazing insects. I have now bought about 10 syringes of Talon Gel. Not cheap at $8.00 each but I must admit it works to a degree. Where other products are effective as a repellent or killer of the visual ants, Talon is carried to the (invisable) nest.
It does take perseverance by the user but providing the instructions are followed, there will be a noticeable reduction of ants after a day or two and complete irradication within two weeks. Don’t worry they will be back about 4 or 6 weeks later !

Take care with the first few applications from a new syringe. It can be very liquidy and tends to run down if applied to a wall. The ants love it !

Mike

Mike

I think it works.. maybe.

Seems to work if the ants actually take it, seems to lack a decent attractant, maybe put a drop of honey on it or something. If they don't scent it they'll just wander on past, which is annoying to watch.

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Penelope S.
Penelope S.

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz
Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

CategoryPest Control Products