4.3

1,636 reviews
    4.4 (1,248)
    4.3 (1,128)
    4.3 (1,236)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (89%) · No (11%)

Lysia

Lysiaadelaide

Amazing!

I decided to join Tangerine on the 30th of June 2020 and was connected to the internet by the 4th of July 2020! It was an easy process and completely seamless.

My connection is stable and just under the speed I am paying for (which is generally normal).

I have already contacted technical support via the chat system and they were really quick and helpful!

One thing to note is that the log in details to your actual modem/router may not be admin/admin... there may be extra characters in the password which is why I contacted the support team.

VERY happy with this ISP, highly recommend.

Oh... and I got a legitimate $100 wine voucher! So good.

Review collected in partnership with Tangerine Telecom

kram.nz

kram.nzSouth East Queensland, QLD

So happy!

So happy to have found a provider that can provide a static IP address, doesn't block ports, knows how to set a PTR record for my IP... They have gone the extra mile for me and the speed is great!

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Sam B.

Sam B.South East Queensland, QLD

Frequent drop outs

Connection is completely unreliable with constant disconnections every day some lasting hours. When finally getting onto their technical support they sent an NBN guy out but the problems are still happening and they have ignored all further correspondence. Additionally they have invoiced at a higher rate than my plan specifies. I would steer clear of this company

Start DateMarch 2020

Find out how Tangerine Telecom NBN compares to other Internet Service Providers

. Riggs stayed on the line showing incredible patience and kindness. He was professional and curteous at all times..

The company representative that i got was Riggs Villagomez to help me set up.. I had rung previously unsuccessfully. Then was lucky to get riggs he sorted out all problems and set it all up. He was very professional and patient in his manner.. I cried even and he just handled everything so well. I will be a lifelong customer because of my experience with Riggs.

Andrew

AndrewAdelaide

Cheap but very slow to hook up to NBN.

Rang to connect with Tangerine early Friday morning and requested to be connected to NBN as quickly as possible as my wife works from home. For some reason the request for a remote connection wasn't lodged with the NBN until the following week and we still weren't connected after 4 business days(6 days in total) After countless calls to Tangerine and nobody really knowing what was going on I gave up and joined Aussie Broadband, where I was connected within an hour! Guess you get what you pay for.
I can't comment on the actual internet performance, as it never got provided, so in fairness I gave Tangerine 2 stars, also because the lady who helped me configure the modem was great!

Henry Putra

Henry PutraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really good value and very reliable

I've been using Tangerine for the past 2 months and I live by myself. The connection has been very stable and the speed is as promised. I'm glad with my experience with Tangerine so far.

Nabin Y.

Nabin Y.Central Queensland, QLD

Very rude call center sales person

Being a Tangerine customer before and happy with the internet service at my previous place, I called Tangerine for a new connection at my new place yesterday but the lady on the line was talking with a rude tone from start. When I told her that I already have an account number, she was so rude telling me that I should have told her earlier. I don't remember the person I talked to but I called Tangerine at 1800-048-062 on 28 June 2020 at 4:40 pm. I know you outsource your call center to other countries but at least do try to maintain the same level of customer service as we get here in Australia. Other than that, your internet service is 5 star.

6 weeks and still battling

I was so exited getting a good plan after reading all those positive reviews but in my case it turned into a nightmare. Its been 6 weeks, 5 cancelled appointments with no notifications or explanations why and I am still sitting in unknown and uncertainty will I get connected or not. Everytime I call to a customer center people are nice, however saying same old thing, keep rescheduling appointments saying this one will definitely happen. Already lost 5 days of wages in sitting around and waiting for technician to turn up. Was promised several times by the operators and a manager to call back with resolutions and it never happened. Didn't realized it can be such a stressful challenge to do a simple connection.

Adequate Speeds No

Connected super quick with NBN

Had issues with NBN and the connection to new premises. Tangerine was able to organise two NBN visits in a short span of time and the connection issue was resolved.

pgm

pgmWestern Australia

Clear phone and competent technician. What more could you want?

Arianne assisted me with connecting my new modem which was replacing the previous one which had died. The phone connection was loud and clear with none of those annoying background noises from a busy call centre. Arianne quickly understood my problem, accessed the relevant information and clearly instructed me through a few steps to get me connected again. Top quality service, if only they were all like this.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeCapped Data

Service great billing is borderline fraudulent!

Why is it every month I have to phone and get extra charges removed from the bill!!!! NOT ONCE has my 69.90 service been 69.90 this month it's 76.50 last month you tried to charge 80 same as the month before. Each month I ask if this is going to happen again next month and each month you say no. It's a shame. Your service is good, but your billing department is borderline fraudulent!

Start DateJanuary 2020
Thomas C.

Thomas C.Sydney, NSW

Great service from Tangerine

We had Arianne on the phone just a short while after starting the call. No long wait like we experienced with other providers. She helped us set up our modem in a super easy way and the service is working really well so far. Thanks a lot!

KB Brisbane

KB BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service and deliver what they promise

Throughout a protracted NBN activation with up to three different companies installing infrastructure Tangerine kept me informed the whole way. Once the service was activated it was exactly as promised.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Dale

DaleBrisbane

Sounds like a good deal, but ruin it with their lies, and toying with NBN connection dates

Submitted multiple connection appointments with NBN, knowing that NBN can't accept more than one connection per house.

I lost a day's worth of work, and received no communication from Tangerine (nor NBN). No compensation was offered, and compensation was denied when the situation was explained, and verified by Tangerine staff.

Refund was agreed to, yet to receive a refund.. has been two weeks. Tangerine won't take my calls.. plan on escalating to TIO..

Save yourself the pain

Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Good connection, bad costumer support

Using it more than year ,and the connection is great. No complaints.
When you need support, then you get trouble...I assume it's outsourced, so the guys there have zero interest to help... More than a year can't setup the system to send me bills. Twice already trying to solve the problem whit no success, and that's the moment when you need to call support...And the conversation is one way. Today the lady just cut the line and never picked up again ,or call back ... It's a shame, because it's the only weak spot of the company. So 5 stars for the service, but - 2 for the support .

Start DateMarch 2019

Mercedes B.

Mercedes B.South East Queensland, QLD

I got the best customer assistance!

I was struggling to connect to the internet due to my PPPoE settings not being correct. Rommel (the technician I spoke to) calmy walked my through what I had to do and ensured I had my internet connection!

alexshel

alexshelSydney, Australia

The most affordable NBN provider

Just signed up to the Standard plan. Moving from Accord NBN (from Officeworks) as Tangerine is much cheaper for the first 6 months. Surprised by a user friendly account interface. Hoping for the connection to be stable, expecting the same result as I had with Accord.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Neil

NeilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing

I have moved from Belong NBN to Aussie NBN to Tangerine and I feel, Tangerine has average customer service as compared to Aussie.

But, the prices are ridiculously lower than Aussie and the speeds would be same as long as you choose the same plan.

Personally, when switching from Aussie to Tangerine was a pain, as Aussie disconnected a day earlier and for some weird reason , the NBN service was physically disconnected from the pit outside my house for FTTC connection.

So Tangerine took some time almost 5 days to get me reconnected but since then everything is fine and smooth.

The referral program with Tangerine is great and I am saving quite a bit with it.

Great Customer Service

I needed some extra time to activate my service because my house wasn't ready due internal cabling. I rang customer service and it was done in minutes without any issues. Highly recommended.

dn4hc

dn4hcSydney, NSW

Good NBN on a budget

Signed up to tangerine because of their 6 month discount, it has been pretty good for the last 2 months, no peak congestion.
No issues with video streaming but haven't tried multiplayer gaming yet.
Call centre wait times might a bit longer than usual.