Okay but not great

There was a delay with my order due to previous tenants, leaving me without service for 4 weeks. The staff kept me updated and replied to my concerns and questions promptly.

Speeds suck, but I believe that is more to do with the infrastructure in my area (very old).

Connection TypeI don't know

Great customer service

Had multiple issues with nbn at the start as I moved into a house that didn't have nbn installed previously. Tangerine is very efficient in following up the issues. Nbn technician had to come 3 times in order for the issue to be fixed because it wasn't installed properly the first time. No fault on tangerine and they were happy to credit the days I didn't get to use the internet. Only complain is tech support wait time on the phone is so long it takes hours! Internet speed wise, not too bad for loading 4k video or gaming. Could be better given I signed up for 100mbps the fastest speed available. It's been 2months and no drop out so far. I've done my research before signing up and I can say at the moment tangerine is the cheapest so far.

Start DateJune 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks for the positive review Joto.

Excellent customer service, slow speed.

Recently signed up for their 100mbps tier. I inquired today and Lucy answered all of my connection inquiries. Lucy was very polite, answered all of my queries with a nice tone on her voice. Its refreshing to deal with a human and not a robot. Thanks Lucy keep up the excellent customer service. However download speed is 43mpbs, connection/download is paltry and not advertised as 100mbps. Back to Aussiebroadband I go.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Rod. Thanks for your kind comments. In relation to the speed please can you PM us your account number so we can look into this for you? Thanks.It's ok I have transferred my nbn back to aussie broadband. Thanks anyways.

Easy and Fast setup

Lodged the request, I was instantly setup with a login to the portal. Within 7 days I was up and running with Tangerine. I had brought my own modem, followed the online setup guide and had no issues. I work from home so connection stability and a static IP were the most important criteria. Speed wise it hit the mark, exactly what I expected based on my distance to the node and it has been pretty consistent. I spent a long time reading reviews, have tried other providers and Tangerine were the quickest and most hassle free so far. I have dropped out twice in seven days for less than 2 mins so I am hoping this is not a trend.

poor service

connected with nbn 5/5/2019, speed check 43mbps download 38.2upload, lots of dropout plus during the day this can drop to 5mbps download and 0 mbps I put 0 as the testing unit could not check.
had my phone transferred over27/5/2019 and that never worked I the cancelled the phone on 6/8/2019. The phone never worked but I was charged every month for the service I never received.
phone today10/08/2019 spoke to a "Gamer" and was cut off as the internet dropped out.
I have had enough. At 5.00pm speed was 8.1mbps download, 1.2 upload, what a joke.
Regards
Colin

Standalone or BundledBundled

If I could give 0 I would

Got NBN installed on 30th of July and cancelled it on 6th of August.
I paid for the NBN 100 package and from the day of installation I had 2mbps speed, I called every day trying to get this resolved and was told the same thing every time, that something was causing the slowness on my laptop.

I was asked to send speed tests about 10 times and told I need to connect direct to the NBN box with ethernet and this will help the speed which is ridiculous as I assume most people like myself use Wifi.

After a week I cancelled and moved to a different company and I have 70mbps speed, from the first day. Clearly the issue here was with Tangerine and nothing was done about it, the tech support were no help at all.

When I cancelled I was told I would have 24 hours before my service went offline but it went offline 5 minutes after the phone call. Nothing they say is true.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Cancelled after several attempts to get NBN service connected

Tangerine Telecom sent technicians to my house twice to "connect" my NBN service. Sadly, neither of them did connect my NBN service. Each time the technician sent said that another technician or service person needed to precede their visit to connect something in advance. Plus I had to wait weeks between each. OK this happening once, but twice? When I questioned this the first time with Tangerine Telecom I encountered a belligerent and poorly trained Filipino service centre taking no responsibility for the company's actions and blaming NBN Co. Totally passing the buck rather than acknowledging their responsibility to sort it out. Seemed to forget that I am their client, and I am not a client of NBN Co. Later I even spoke with someone who I believe was from Tangerine Telecom management in Australia and despite being very clear to them on the situation, the message still didn't get through as the second technician came and then said other prep work needed to be done before he could do his job. Totally frustrating!

I signed up online originally and there is no mention of required prep work, but simply that you complete the application form, pay the money and we'll send our tech to connect you. They sent update emails along the way (good) up to the point a technician was sent. Easy I thought. Wrong! They don't know their own connection process and were misinformed about what was at my premises. I was also never asked in the sign up process. So expectations were completely mismanaged regarding the connection process and the situation exacerbated by a poorly trained and combative service centre failing to accept responsibility for the company's own failings in not coordinating with NBN Co for whatever they have to do. It's clear that service is not a focus and they lost me after the 2nd failed attempt when they said I had to wait another 2 weeks for further work to be done having already waited over a month. I cancelled my service out of complete frustration. While the next person I dealt with for cancellation was quite professional, I still had to chase them to get monies refunded. I wasted about 2 months in all. Overall a poor experience and would not recommend them.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tex, apologies for any delays in getting you connected. We have reached out via private message to establish your account number so we can investigate this further for you. Thanks.

Everything fine except awful peak hour speeds!

If it wasn't for abysmal peak hour speeds, I think I'd probably stick with and recommend Tangerine Telecom. Unfortunately, I cannot. During the day, performance is decent, and most services work fine (with the exception of a few international links, which seem to top out around 20-30mbit). That said, once it hits peak hour, the speeds are really bad. I was getting around 2mbit downloads using Google's own speed test at around 7pm on a Sunday, whilst I'd be able to get the full 93mbit at 7am. The congestion is pretty unbearable and definitely noticible. YouTube and Twitch streams would lag. Since I use the internet the most during these times, I had to move to another provider as I definitely wasn't getting anywhere near their 83mbit claimed peak hour speeds.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

I havent got the service yet but Lucy`s customer service skill already impressed me

Bad thing can turn good some times.

Long story short, I have booked NBN connection and expecting my modem 2 days ago.

There was an problem with my modem delivery address and I figured out it today with StarTrack, so I was very frustrated because I am really busy with whole day meetings and I have to spent time on this on my lunch break.
Anyway I finished my conversation and starting calling Tangerine, depressed.

Lucy took my call, listened to my story, then I can feel she got angry for me, and she said:" I will talk to them and I will handle it for you! Let me call them then come back to you!"

All of sudden, this is no longer matters to me, problem happens and people are there to fix it. I no longer care about the details because I know I am in good hands now.

10 minutes later, Lucy called me again, apologized for the incident, which was not her fault at all. And explained the actions she will take from her side, I cut her off. Can you let me know your name?

Lucy told me she is Lucy, then I said to her:" Lucy, I was angry since I am very busy recently and I am very frustrated. However the moment you said you will fight for me, you just made my day! I am in customer field for more than 10 years and I respect all your passion and effort. I will make sure your name is listed under ProductReview under a 5 star review!"

That brings me here. Thanks Lucy!

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Very easy switch - would recommend

Connection is good. Very easy switch. Customer service very responsive though most I’m getting on a 100mbps plan is 43. Cost is lower than my old provider on a 50 plan with similar download speeds but much more accessible customer service and support

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive review.

Really good speeds even on FTTN

I signed up to tangerine telecom when they had their offer for $10 off the first 6 months.We didn't have NBN in our area yet so they put my account on hold till it got active.Their staff were very helpful in helping to get an appointment with NBN installation on a Saturday (which the NBN guy said was rare).The service is really good so far even during peak hours.Worth a shot especially as they don't have contracts.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Johann, thanks for taking the time to leave us your positive review!

Impressive so far

Ok. Finally got NBN past our place, and thought Id give Tangerine a shot at being my provider. Well the transition from old adsl provider to Tangerine was seemless, and they kept me informed during the whole process. And to say Im impressed with the speed (and price) is an understatement. Very very happy I finally have fast and reliable internet.
Cheers Tangerine

Hi Steve. Glad to hear that you’re happy. Thanks for the 5 stars

Heaven sent

This is great! The reliability so far is great. I work 90% from home so this is an important factor for me. So far(touch wood) no dropouts and no issues to date. I am new to Tangerine and I have to say people at Tangerine Telecom that you Are the most wonderful customer service team I have ever dealt with. No crap, just real nice people

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Angela. Thanks for the kind words and positive review.

Super Fast

Just moved over to tangerine nbn xxl from Optus Cable (with speedboost). Super fast service, hits between 87 to 100 at peak times. Can't complain & it's heaps cheaper per month. Also no stuttering when watching BBC iplayer over a vpn

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi John, thanks for the 5 stars!

Morning glory, evening is another story

Great service from Tangerine, but had a few issues with the nbn contractors from nbnco.

Eventually got connected, morning speeds are awesome with around 91 mbps, but evening is much slower, about 25 mbps. I have raised it with support and they are looking into it, but suspect it is the number of people that have signed up to it in my area.

Only criticism of Tangerine so far is it can take a while for someone to answer the phone when you call for service or support.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Glen, thanks for the positive review. We're continually working with our network carrier to upgrade bandwidth around the country as more users come online in each area. We're confident your evening speeds will improve in the near future!

The best internet network I've ever used in Sydney since my arrival in 2007.

The best internet I've used in Sydney. My internet connection is very reliable. I've experienced dropouts only once. I've been connected since Thursday evening. There was an issue during the set up ny the nbn technician though. The technician had fixed our old WiFi modem from our old provider to the nbn connection box. And the new modem was given to him upon arrival and was sitting right beside him. However, when I called tangerine Telecom, they very easily and patiently guided me into setting up the nbn box ourselves. And it started working right away. We in our house use a lot of internet all the time. And all 3 of us are having great internet experience.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi IRP, thanks for taking the time to leave your positive review!

Excellent speeds!

Plenty of communication from the start to finish. Very smooth transition from my old cable connection to FTTC, up and running 20mins after the nbn technician left.
Speeds have been great and impressive even during peak periods. The friendly team at Tangerine are way better than my previous provider. Would be happy to recommend them to anyone looking at not going with one of the big players.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Jason. Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive review!

Awesome Service.

Very happy with the service from Tangerine. Technician came first thing in the morning. Ordered the 100 plan. The tech clocked us in at 104 Mb down. Constantly get in the 90's. About 80 in peak times. 70 on a bad day. This is from FTTN. Best part is no contract but why would we change? Happy days.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi David, thanks for the 5 stars!

I was sceptical.

I was sceptical changing from Telstra to an unknown and unproven service but the product and service was pretty bloody good! Very happy with the price and quality at this early stage. Cheers..

Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jack, glad you are happy with our service. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Good speeds, prompt installation, excellent customer service

The title says it all really - there really isn't anything to fault with Tangerine Telecom. I went with them on the basis of all the existing positive reviews, and I'm happy to say I can add another excellent review to the mix.

Installation happened a week or two after signing on. The technician was patient and thorough, and we were online just a few hours after his visit.

Customer service was also impeccable. A wonky bill came through (it happens, no one is infallible) and as soon as Jessica looked up my account, she apologised on behalf of the company and sorted the error out on the spot.

Go with Tangerine, you won't regret it.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi J.C. Thanks for the 5 stars and positive review.