Super fast and efficient

Tangerine had us connected within 24 hours to an existing NBN box in the premises. Easy enough to set up with our existing modem/router. Speed on XL speed boost seems great, no streaming issues on Netflix or Optus sport.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Slow if working at all. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Worked great up until my first bill, thats when my internet failed to connect for 5 days. It miraculously started working the day a tech from NBN was supposed to come fix it, but never showed up. Worked well for a few weeks after, then the constant dropouts started along with <1mbps speeds. Connection lost for another 4 days. NBN tech finally showed up to fix it today & now I'm back to having the same dropouts & 0mbps speeds.
Tangetine tech support may be nice, but they blame everything on you or NBN. Their billing department even told me they put me on the wrong plan & were charging me less & couldn't compensate my bill for the downtime because they'd already undercharged me $20.
I will be cancelling my service & relaying this information to the TIO.
STAY AWAY FROM TANGERINE!

Start DateJune 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
I am sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. We have reached out via private message for your account number so we can look into this further for you.

The jury is out!

Signed up and requested nbn 50 speed boost for the 15th (charged from the 15th) no contact on the 15th then received msg on the 16th nbn is ready to connect. BYO modem from a previous nbn but RAIN had trouble setting it up. She even mentioned I would need to contact the manufacturer but the modem in question was connected but another nbn provider who was not the original owner. Slightly frustrated I asked to speak with a supervisor who contacted me 15-20 minutes later and he was able to connect me in under 2 minutes. Why couldn't RAIN do it, no idea, not enough training, didn't care, too hard! I have no idea. When the modem in question has been connected by two previous nbn suppliers but Tangerine RAIN couldn't do it. As for speeds I will wait and see hope it goes better than the first experience.

Excellent Service

Quick to connect and send out modem. Easy process with quick response time when calling for assistance. Great experience overall. Would definitely recommend. Very competitive in an over saturated market

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks for the positive review Angela!

So quick and easy to connect

Modem arrived quickly, it was as easy as they said to plug and play. The service is quick and easy to set up. Affordable and straightforward.
The NBN service works well.

Connection TypeI don't know
Thanks Mack for the 5 stars

Great service with super fast internet.

I hadn't heard of Tangerine until recently however they have been extremely helpful (I initially had a modem issue which they work through with me) and the internet has been super fast. Can not fault them at all, would definitely recommend.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks for the 5 stars Nathan.

Quick and easy setup

Affordable and fast.. It only took 1day and i was completely set up with my nbn. Its fast and so easy to setup. Communication from the tangerine team is outstanding. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks for the 5 stars Sharon.

Great reception and excellent customer service

The customer service with Tangerine is fantastic and extremely patient. Helped me through setting up my NBN through my own modem. Also have had zero troubles with the service. The wait was a bit long, but as can be expected with other telecoms. Plus, pricing is a dream. Would recommend them.

Just what I needed.

Told connection would take around 1-3 weeks but connected in under a week, very happy with everything and kept updated right up to installation.Great communication , nothing to complain about. Perfect !

So good so far

Been with Tangerine for a week now on an FTTN connection.

When I signed up I gave them a connection date. This was missed but when I rang them they responded very quickly and had me connected within hours.

Evening speeds have been good but not consistent and down on the advertised typical evening speed. I have had this issue with other providers and suspect it is how NBN have configured the service. No dropouts so far so I can only say good things about Tangerine at this early stage.

I will provide an update if this changes.

Very Quick Set Up

I literally enquired and signed up to Tangerine at midday today, and by 7pm the NBN connection was set up. As soon as I got the email informing me my connection has been set up, I called technical support and they guided me on setting up my BYO modem which literally took 5 minutes over the phone and then I was up and running. I can already notice the speed is much better then my previous ISP and both the sales consultant and the technical support officer I spoke to today were nothing but fantastic to deal with. Now I'm just waiting for my phone line to port over which takes a little longer. Thank you Tangerine, your prices and customer service is second to none and I only wish I discovered your company earlier.

Very happy

Took a few weeks to arrange the connection but connection all went ahead smoothly on the scheduled day. Very happy with the connection and performance and the responsiveness of their support team when I have contacted them.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Amazing and quick service so far!!!

I signed up with Tangerines one week ago.
In 4 days i received the modem and the service has been activated.
I called the customer service few times and they always answered quickly.
So far a very good service and a good connection speed as well!
Definitely I would recommend Tangerines.

So far, so good

I’m so far very happy with the offering from Tangerine. I had been having buffering problems with another ISP also using Dodo as the carrier but I’m so far getting no problems with Tangerine. Also, they offer a static IP included rather than the usual $10 others charge. As I say, everything seems to work well with excellent communication from support. Well done Tangerine!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Showed as a light at the end of a long Tunnel

After suffering the idiots running some of the large Telecom suppliers in our area, loss of house phone for long periods, Internet slow and often non existent, Bills sent to wrong addresses, twice with the ombudsman getting involved and lately the term 'oversubscribed' came into use. Then Optus just turned our NBN off 18 days ago. They did not answer their phones, Just dead. With desperation we approached Tangerine last Sunday. In 2 days we had internet and house phone and all the help we needed. The Modem supplied is the best we have ever had and now have no use for the WiFi booster we had to have before. The costs are good and the NBN is as promised. The lady who answered all our questions and prayers was very patient and explained everything in simple terms. Mary Jane, I could hugg you. Thank you

Connection TypeWireless

Fast and reliable NBN

After putting up with unreliable NBN speeds for the past 3 years, finally changed over to Tangerine to give them a try. Set up was all done in under 24hrs, speed during peak times has been consistently close to the 50MB download with no dropouts or loss of speed. Only 1 week in but an amazing improvement on my previous providers who kept blaming our speed issues on our in home hardware! At this point, cannot be happier!

terrible

this service is terrible iv had nothing but bad speed its not fast at all, I really was hoping for better for xl boost plan,Ping
<1 ms
Download
2.50 Mbps
Upload
13.30 Mbps
and this is try it again and this is was im getting what a joke
Ping
<1 ms
Download
1.25 Mbps
Upload
3.94 Mbps

Connection TypeWireless

Failed to connect on date requested delayed by at least 17 days

Booked connection for 24 July. Technician turned up but needed a different technician to do something first. That technician not due to fix until 10 August. Poor planning results in poor customer service.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Stephen. Sorry to hear that your NBN appointment did not complete at the first appointment. Sometimes NBN Co can find additional work that is needed to connect a property, and as you said they needed an additional team to complete this. Unfortunately we're unable to know this until NBN themselves attend your property. We're all hopeful that they can get you connected on their next visit.An inspection of the exterior of the property sometime within the 4+ weeks prior to the connection date would have identified the issue and the nbn work required. Poor planning does not excuse Tangerine’s poor service. Nor does blaming someone else.

nbn service

Very reliable connection, good nbn speed, no dropouts. Wonderful nbn Service. Very good service in low cost. Same day activated my nbn service after applying. Very easy setup. Thanx for good service.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Chashamveer, thanks for the 5 stars!

Not off to a good start.

I chose Tangerine after reading all the positive reviews. You will always get good and bad but they seemed the most positive having about customer service. Unfortunately I find this most lacking. NBN connection easy... but 2 weeks in and my ph number is still not ported. they put the request in last Thurs after I rang. I can't afford 2 plans which I'm now paying. Originally I tried to call about the NBN connection and could not get thru so emailed and messaged with no response. I'm ready to change already.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)