Tangerine Telecom Questions & Answers

61 questions from our users

Donna P.

Donna P.asked

Hello
Is there a technician fee if we are unable to instal our new modem and we require assistance? If so how much? And how long would we need to wait?

Som B.
Som B.

You don't need a technician mostly. Go to the IP address listed on your modem on your browser, login with ID: admin and password: admin (unless you have changed any of the default settings). Once you login you can change the internet login id & password provided by Tangerine (note: this is the settings credentials, not the modem's. Leave the modem login details unchanged). In case you face a problem, which you won't, give them a call & they will guide you without charging you a fee.

Jackasked

Tangerine Telecom

Do Tangerine offer email addresses?

Terry5555
Terry5555

If you mean like Jack@tangerine.com, no, not as far as I'm aware. I never use ISP email addresses, it saves the bother of changing if you move to another provider. There are loads of good free email services, I use mail.com and an old yahoo account I've used for 15 years

Jack

Thanks for the reply. Hope someone from tangerine can confirm your answer.

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

We don't offer @tangerine email address I am afraid Jack. We recommend a free provider like GMail who have great sized mail boxes and email features

Lee20

Lee20asked

Tangerine Telecom

Edit:No need to answer. Saw your fb page yesterday. 1 Tech who never contacts clients. Now I now why I never got a response from the sales team on your webpage. Yikes, nearly signed up. Pays to always do research.
Hi, do you know if all Wireless NBN50 plans are being decommissioned in WA or is it just Optus? Looking to continue with a NBN50 plan from a new ISP but they are saying NBN50 ends on the 12Nov.2019. Seems crazy to go backwards? Will you do a NBN50 43Mbs wireless after 12 Nov? The below email makes it sound like it's a nationwide NBN Fixed Wireless speed reduction.

OPTUS
Important changes to your nbn service
Hi Lee,

The National Broadband Network (nbn) is planning to change the speed tiers that are available on the nbn Fixed Wireless network.

This change will affect your Optus service and we're here to help you.

What will change?

nbn Fixed Wireless Speed Pack 3 (max speed of 47/18Mbps) will be decommissioned from December 2019
We will ensure you stay connected by moving your service to the next fastest option. From 12 November 2019 you will be moved to nbn Fixed Wireless Speed Pack 2, which offers a max speed of 23/4.5Mbps
Your plan fees will also be reduced, which will be reflected on your next bill after the change
Don't worry, we will send you a reminder of this change when it occurs.

We're here to help

Maria

Mariaasked

Is Tangerine part of Telstra

ABC67
ABC67

No, as I found out afterwards, they are wholesaling Iprimus, which is not well ranked. Speeds are still not where they should be.

Miguel
Miguel

No ,it not part of TELSTRA it is own buy RICHARD BRANSON.(you can’t beat it)

tony duffy

tony duffyasked

NBN 50 (XL Speed Boost)

Finally got my number ported from optus tt have said it is crossed over why is it not working? No lights on either telephone port long day at work and here I am sitting awaiting for tech support 25 minute wait

Andrew H.

Andrew H.asked

Tangerine Telecom

Hi. I'm thinking about taking on one of your bundles with home phone plan attached. On installation of our fixed wireless connection we opted to continue using our existing landline instead of an nbn phone. My question is, if we choose your home phone plan will we then need to get an nbn phone or can we continue to use the existing technology?

Alessandra d.
Alessandra d.

Hi Andrew, I am not sure about your question as I just have the internet connection. I do not need the home phone. I think you will have to ask someone from Tangerine Technical Support.

Sadwed

Sadwedasked

Can I use modem
Model Number F@st5355 on your network?

Gwyn
Gwyn

I bought my modem directly from Tangerine which was pre programmed and connected straight away. The decision to buy from Tangerine was optional so I guess other comparable modems would be ok?

saigon

saigonasked

Tangerine Telecom

Hi Tangarine, The cost of your NBN plans are not that competitive. Also I have made some inquiries via your website but never get a reply. You cannot manage to reply to my inquiries how do I know I'll be looked after once signed up

WF C.

WF C.asked

NBN 25 (Standard Speed)

how many wifi devices I can connect to internet?

Kerry K
Kerry K

As many as your modem recommends
I would say generally around 6-8 devices a standard modem could handle easily but depending on what you are downloading/uploading
A more expensive modem can handle a lot more
But as far as 25mbps nbn Speed id limit it to 3-4 devices used at the same time to get the best out of it

Mr P.

Mr P.asked

NBN 100 (XXL Speed Boost)

Does the service support IPv6?

TheFlyingRat
TheFlyingRat

Do you do static public ip? I’m a self hosted website, but I need no firewall and a static/sticky ip.

Judy

Judyasked

Tangerine Telecom

Can you provide wireless internet with a Telstra wifi thingy at Bells Bridge Gympie Qld. We currently have a great service but want to change providers. Our mobile phones are on Optus 4G full strength

Cic

Cicasked

Tangerine Telecom

If I sign up with Tangerine, will a technician come out to install as I’m not tech savvy

Rodney
Rodney

I don't believe so. They have a Q&A section on thier website that may answer that for you.

Karel Janssen

Karel Janssenasked

Tangerine Telecom

I am with flip tv and get an upload of 1.3 on a 50 mbps Plan get 15 mbps download can tangerine improve on that?
Regards Karel Janssen

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

We often find that our customers report better speeds with us compared to a previous provider. We offer a 14 day risk free trial so you’ve nothing to lose giving us a go!

V Tran

V Tranasked

NBN 100 (XXL Speed Boost)

Hi
Do Tangerine provide internet in NSW?

Tony W.
Tony W.

Not sure...just check their website. I’m in Melbourne.

Guy M.
Guy M.

We live in NSW (Sydney), and they do provide internet here.

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

We have national NBN coverage. We can provide internet wherever there is NBN coverage. Thanks.

Nathan H.

Nathan H.asked

Hi
Will the TP-Link TD-W9960 ADLS2/VDSL Modem/Router/Wirless-N can be run with tangerine XXL speed boost plan?
Thank you.

Phill
Phill

No idea if it will. If it's suitable for NBN speeds, should be OK. Finding that you may only get 60% of the speed too, as NBN lines in some areas are crap.

Bits

Bitsasked

Tangerine Telecom

Is any one in the albury area using Tangerine

DaveM

DaveMasked

Tangerine Telecom

Is it cheaper if there is no phone
Regards David

Hi David.
Our standard nbn plans do not include a home phone.
The NBN bundles page shows the plans which include internet and home phone.
The home phone component costs $10 per month and includes unlimited local, national and calls to Aus mobiles.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Margaret W

Margaret Wasked

NBN 50 (XL Speed Boost)

The speeds Tangerine says you can get are much higher (eg 83 mbps) than those listed by other providers. How can they get higher speeds using the same fibre/cable as other providers?

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

Hi Margaret. Other providers also advertise similar speeds. The speed quoted is on the top tier 100/40 nbn product. Speeds will vary from provider to provider and also from user to user. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Darren M.

Darren M.asked

Im with iinet wireless 25 package
Will your 50 package be faster

Vuinnie

Vuinnieasked

Tangerine Telecom

Why is it taking tangerine so long to port my landline phone i am without a home phone. Any help?

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

Hi Vuinnie. Number porting requires the co-operation of the losing provider as well as the gaining carrier. Sometimes some losing carriers can take longer than we'd all hope to approve a port out. We'll reach out via PM for your account number so we can provide you an update on your request. Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Tangerine Telecom representatives