Tangerine Telecom Questions & Answers

4.3 from 1,732 reviews

92 questions from our users

Blf33asked

NBN 25 (Standard Speed)

Does the standard modem supplied by Tangerine work well or would it be best to get the upgraded moden instead?
I live in a 2 storey townhouse and the internet would be required to work both up and downstairs between 2 people.
Thank you.

Lauren
Lauren

I only have the standard modem and it works perfectly fine, however I only live in a one bedroom apartment so I’m not sure how it would go in a two story townhouse....sorry!

Blf33

Hi Lauren, appreciate the response, yeh im thinking the standard one might be fine, im thinking maybe for an extra $40 i might just be better off getting the upgraded modem just to be safe.

Thanks again, Brad.

Darrell E.asked

Tangerine Telecom

i have tried on 4 occasions to get the SIP login password so i can use my BYO modem, have had only one reply and they sent me the modem/internet login /password.. absolutely useless helpdesk Tangerine. next step ombudsman with a copy of all the conversations ive had with your helpdesk and emails.

Teece C.

Have you called their customer service? They are very helpful. Clearly you are not xo figuring your WAN settings correctly. Call the helpline

Darrell E.

not configuring WAN settings.. that comment boggles my mind. if you actually read my comment i need the password for SIP,nothing at all to do with WAN setting.

BUT after another online chat tonight i finally got a helpful HD person to agree to send what i needed.. 10min later im up and running.. without touching my WAN settings !!

Teece C.

Cool dude, good for you. Glad to hear it.

Sandra P.

Sandra P.asked

Tangerine Telecom

I have a BYO nl1901acv and have gone through the set up but it won’t connect. Tried peely no help and I have been waiting forever to try and speak to someone

Quang M. N.

Quang M. N.asked

NBN

Hi there, do you guys support port forwarding? If so, could you allow my connections to be forwarded? Many thanks.

Jude
Jude

Try contacting Tangerine directly with your question. Their chat line is quite responsive.

J.Knotts

I'm a new customer with Tangerine and using port forwarding with my router.

Wazzer

Wazzerasked

Hi,

The little green telco box is at the top of my drive. Can I get fibre run to my house at my cost?

Wazzer

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

Hi Wazzer. Sounds like your property is covered by FTTN technology. You can have a read of the NBN Technology Choice program here: https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/network-technology/technology-choice-program

Glynis E

Glynis Easked

Tangerine Telecom

Hello, I have a technicolor TG799vac modem. Its a telstra brand but bought from an electrical store. Will this work with Tangerine NBN. I have fibre to curb then I expect copper to house if this makes any difference. Thanks, Glynis

sarah

sarahasked

Tangerine Telecom

Hi all new to tangerine trying to connect with my byo modem. Can anyone help with this? I have hfc connection and I'm using Telstra smart modem. I have the username and pw from tangerine but where do i put these been searching online for hours please help thank you

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

Hi Sarah. Please have a read of this article: https://www.tangerinetelecom.com.au/help/connecting-your-own-byo-modem - otherwise please call out technical support team on 1800 211 112 for assistance. Thanks

John

Johnasked

NBN 50 (XL Speed Boost)

I was told NBNCO will test phone line to front wall of house. Is this true as I am worried about my line from the street? I live on a battle-axe type block, about 80 metres from street pole to house over 3 private poles.
This line has had at least 3 repair joins by technicians over the last several years.

Judy

Judyasked

Tangerine Telecom

i have a vivid wireless modem will this work.

thanks Fred

PJL
PJL

Pls chat with Tangerine via their chat option and give them the modem model name and number and they can help you configure it.

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

A Vivid Wireless device will not work we’re afraid. These devices are 3G/4G only. We’d recommend a pre-configured modem available via our website. These come pre-configured and ready to use.

DinoVini O.

DinoVini O.asked

NBN 50 (XL Speed Boost)

I have the AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router (Archer D7) and would like to confirm if I need the pre-configured router that comes with the installation for a new connection to the NBN or can it run on its own as a plug and play..thanks

J.Knotts

Depends on how you are connected to NBN

For FTTN and FTTB connections a VDSL compatible modem, else FTTP, HFC, FTTC and Fixed Wireless connections use a WAN enabled router connected to supplied NBN modem

Selina Lau

Selina Lauasked

Tangerine Telecom

Is your service available in Duncraig WA?

Zaynab Al Helouasked

Tangerine Telecom

i was just wondering if you guys had a temporary modem because my family and i have work and school online and need internet fast as the corona virus is getting worse by the day.

Karen A.
Karen A.

I bought the second-hand modem (for a lower price), the same references what they sell, because the person moved interstate, so I recommend you search the marketplace or gumtree, As it was the same reference we had no major problems with configuration , I am in your same situation and for that reason I saw myself in the need to acquire the service and the truth was excellent, I recommend it to you and if you are interested I can give you my promotional code and they give you $ 25 discount

Shinadigins

Shinadiginsasked

NBN 50 (XL Speed Boost)

I would like to change the standard internet password. I read that i type 192.168.20.1 in the brower and in username type 'admin' and password type 'admin' also. does nothing though. Aparantly am supposed to get into my account to change passpords. i ant find anything online of any other way to do this. My modem box also has admin/admin. ive only set my internet up today. Can someone please help me?

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

Please contact us via our non public channels (live chat and phone) so we can assist. Thanks

Cruise F

Cruise Fasked

Does your service cover the post code of 3084

Support R.Tangerine Telecom

Our service is available anywhere in Australia where NBN is available. Please use our website to check availability at your specific property. Hope we can connect you. Thanks!

moein i.
moein i.

You have mostRude customer service in the world I spoke as a new customer your head very bad attitude to me that’s why I didn’t get a contract with you I feel so sorry for this company is never trained customer service

Haggis

Haggisasked

Tangerine Telecom

I want to change NBN provider but I don't want a phone. Do you have a suitable plan? I am an 80 year old computer novice, so I don't need anything elaborate. Thank you.

Henry

Henryasked

NBN 25 (Standard Speed)

I currently have Exetel fixed wireless. Can I trial Tangerine before disconnecting from Exetel?

Adam M.

Adam M.asked

NBN 25 (Standard Speed)

Would i have problems using my Fritzbox 7490? Also is it a stable connection for Rolystone Wa (sick of drop outs from current provider). what are all the payment options you offer?.

kazevo

kazevoasked

Tangerine Telecom

What are the payment options. do you have to use a direct debit set up?

J Smith
J Smith

Not sure of the range of payment options? I however do have a Direct Debt set up.

Hope that helps :)

Kathy F.asked

Tangerine Telecom

Hi can you use a Telstra modem with Tangerine?

TangerineCustomer
TangerineCustomer

It depends. I can confirm that if www.nbnco.com.au shows your NBN service as HFC, then YES, the Telstra Smart Modem 2 (Arcadyan LH1000) requires you to only add your Tangerine user name & password. Tangerine offer some limited help with configuring 3rd party router/modems. Because NBN is brought to the black "property of NBNCo" box in your house - you often will not require a router supplied by your ISP. I found that the free Kogan router didn't have a very good wifi range - so that's my spare.

Kathy F.

Thanks so much for your reply appreciate it.

Russell M.