Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity (page 2 of 4)

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
standupforyrrights
standupforyrrightsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Price Gouge

In Victoria, Tango Energy have this month increased our power rate from 17.85c to 25.74c. A clear 44% price gouge. When asked why they are now one of the middle to most expensive, from being cheapest, they cannot explain. Slow replies even after complaint thru EWOV ombudsman

paul e
paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Thayyil V
Thayyil VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Annoyed And Disappointed

Jon
JonThe Mallee, VIC

Great customer service, big savings on my bill

Very friendly staff helped me with my problems straight away, I have saved $200 on my first bill unlike AGL and power direct. Happy I joined Tango energy would definitely recommend them

Unhappy User
Unhappy UserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest Foreign Owned Electricity Supplier

Been a customer for nearly 3 years
Last Sept they sent an email advising of a 35% increase and said if we didn’t respond the increase would be enacted. I did not respond as silence does not mean consent in any contractual matter. They slipped the increase through last month. I have objected and their approach is to hide behind an agreement I never agreed to. Foreign owned so value leaves Aust. Go elsewhere .....I am

Oz
OzBraddon 2612, ACT

26 Minutes to Answer Phone. Do not bother with this business

Rented in Melbourne for 2 years.
Zero problems with sign up to new electricity service 2 years ago. Zero issues with supply.
Called to cancel today
26 minutes in call queue before I speak to actual person.
Not acceptable
Take your business elsewhere

Worst Industry - I was sold a service by Tango that cost me a lot more than my previous provider Momentum

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Michael
MichaelAU

Very good company - much better than the major companies

Carmelo S.
Carmelo S.Victoria, Australia

No nonsense electricity

Cheapest electricity retailer. No nonsense with discounts or pay on time offers. Offers only one rate and it is the cheapest one out there. Great customer service over the phone and in my experience have been serviced by a customer representative in less then 10 minutes. Certainly will be going cross to them when the start offering gas.

Anonymous762
Anonymous762Victoria

My Experience with Tango is good so far.

Rates and Fees
BarryVictoria, 3201

Customer Portal

Just signed up with Tango Energy, very happy with the process good customer service and rates. As we have a solar system installed I monitor our power consumption and solar credit carefully. Very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional.

Avi
AviMelbourne

Electricity retailer par excellence

best company to have as your retail electricity seller. the best. they stick to what they promise. which is pretty big. No nonsense rates and fancy discount schemes that hide real costs. easy simple and the cheapest by long shot in the market. just go with them blindly dont even think about it.

Faran Q.
Faran Q.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Rates and Great Service

Got a call 4 months back to switch to Tango from their Sales rep and as he explained that their is no discount but great rates, that attracted me to listen him further. I got great solar buy back rates. Looking forward for Tango to offer Gas soon too. Recommended many of my mates and all of them are happy with the switch to Tango.

Angelo39
Angelo39Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great to be with Tango!

Very happy with Tango rates and services... Would recommend anyone...no one could beat there simple and great rates on the current market. No dramas with pay on time discounts and all.. simple.. Keep up the good service! Would love to collect Gas in future if they do provide..thank you Tango

suziq
suziqBendigo

Good straight up energy provider, no bull

Jimb
JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Saving Money.

Have been using Tango for 8 months now,and have been saving about $30 a month,mainly because of off peak rates which Lumo did not offer me and said if I wanted them I should have asked.No discount pay on time gentle reminder if late,not often and can monitor usage daily,up front with information at sign up.

ServicesElectricity
beebeegee
beebeegeeMelbourne, Vic

Basic Company Gets Job Done, But

Pretty good

Been with Pacific Hydro now Tango for over two years now and no problems. Really good simple rates, small increase at end of contract period and local call center. connecting solar was easy and quick.

phil C
phil CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really great service

So my meter number did not align correctly with the property (not Tango''s fault) and consequently I had connected the wrong meter. Tango corrected this and connected the power the same day, so it was excellent service. Thanks!

Brenn
Brenndont have facebook

Once good now not good

I am an electricity customer who has been with this company since 2015. ( recommended to another paying customer as well). They have made mistakes--record keeping wrong---- and accusing me of failing to do something.. They -- just now ---had to admit they sent out nothing by mail and had my details re my plan wrong, and, when I was on the verge of changing to another company they offered a sweetener that i appreciated ....until i found out other companies offer this item for free---- so they offer me nothing to make up for the misery that they caused. I see ageism here as they would not listen staring at my birth date ---i wonder.

Standard
StandardVictoria, Australia

Rocky Start with Tango

We switched from DODO to Tango a few months ago, it has been a rocky journey so far. It seems every invoice they send me has an overdue amount, and they never send me the original bill. I pay all my bills on-time, Tango is the only company that consistently send me bills only when they are overdue. Hopefully it gets better from here, otherwise I'll probably switch to another company with more consistent billing. However if they do improve, I will amend my review to a higher rating.

MoFresh
MoFreshMelbourne

Good customer service, unbeatable rates, no problems at all

Tango is awesome as far as an energy provider goes. No lock in contract, good customer service, simple payment and billing procedures, the lot! We've been with Tango for a year and couldn't be happier.

Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They have a low price that stays low

Some companies set a low price initially for electricity then it goes up fast. Tango haven't done that after a year or two. Their call centre based in Melbourne is good too.

djduke28
djduke28Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service and competitive rates

Les from Fitzroy
Les from FitzroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Needs a website for signup

The signup is a little painful as it can't be done on a website. However, the customer service reps were very patient and eventually it got done. Very competitive pricing, bills are simple and clear, payment through Bpay no problems. Recommended.

Rates and Fees