Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

GreyGuru

GreyGuru

Recently joined, good so far

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity

Trav123

Trav123

Easy to swap. Cheap rates

Swapped from a more expensive competitor on advice of vic govt compare website.
Rates are around 50% cheaper than my old retailers base rates(before their pay on time discount)
I now don’t have to worry about pay on time discounts as tango don’t have them.
Very easy to swap. A simple phone call and it was all done in about 10 mins.
Swap over took approx 15 days from call to connection.
Call centre is Geelong based, so no calls to India either.

ServicesElectricity
Katrina

KatrinaMelbourne

Offered reasonable product and pricing but foreign owned :(

I accepted an offer by Tango but backed out in the cooling off period when I realised that they were foreign owned. Asked the sales guy whether they were foreign owned but he either couldn't or didn't answer. Keeping Australians employed is my key priority. They do have head office in Geelong and call centre in Southbank, but there are other energy companies out there that are either fully or mainly Australian owned and I'd prefer to support them!

Hugo42

Hugo42AU

Bait and hook

Just rang Tango to arrange a switch to them based on an offer from the Victorian govt energy compare website. During the phone call they quoted prices higher than on the comparison web site, then gave a litany of excuses when I objected. Typical shonky sales practice - they won't get any business from me.

TimC

TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very good and dont need pay on time discounts

Very quick change over and rates updated 1st January stay same no changes for time if use well done and they accepted Bpay and customers service are very good if have any questions.

Ram

RamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Connection

Tango have been a pleasure to deal with in getting the connection to my rented unit. They provided regular (but not annoyingly so) text updates and then a last advice well in time. They connected the electricity as promised. One tiny quibble would be that given all this great lead-up, it would have been nice to get a text when the electricity was actually turned on. But that is a minor quibble and doesn’t detract from my high rating of their service

Abhijit Sahasrabudhe

Abhijit SahasrabudheMelbourne, Victoria

Fabulous deal

Tango energy customer service was brilliant. The team followed up with my installation issues and made sure they were fixed in time.
The rates are straight forward and the best in the market.

Previous companies offered me the so called discounts, but I ended up paying a lot more than I am doing now.

Moon

MoonMelbourne

Fantastic pricing, very impressive sales support,

So easy to compare and sign up. Emailed a few bills, got an apples with apples comparison. No mucking around, and an immediate 35% reduction in my bill. I have a 5kw solar system and a smart meter - and absolutley NO issues there. The flat rate charge is much cheaper than my current charge (and would still be cheaper than a dual tariff even if it was available under the wholesale provider) Solar feed in is the same and supply charge (always the kicker) is a little cheaper.
Overall I am in front BIG time!
Sales team know their stuff and absolutely no CRAP - just straight out cheaper rates with no contract.
Oh and did I mention their support for renewables?...I am a fan!

Michael Czajka

Straight forward Billing, no discount dramas cheap compare to all others
recommended to friends good one

Scotty the AJ

Scotty the AJAU

Concerned about company direction under new CEO.

m_rankin

m_rankinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Early days but pretty happy with a little sadness thrown in

CassieM

CassieMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheapest in the market

I have a smart meter which was lucky because when we moved in we had no power, within 20 mins they had the power on! they are the cheapest in the market by far if the low rates are persistent they will keep me as a customer

J9

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

CHEAPER PRICES WITHOUT NORMAL REGULAR INCREASES

Have just recently changed over to Tango and I'm very happy. Was previously with AGL who just kept increasing their prices so I decided to shop around and found Tango who are much cheaper AND they have prices locked in for 2 years so no regular price increases like the other companies seem to have! I've received two bills and both are much cheaper than I was paying previously with AGL - estimated savings are at least $200 a year so I'd rather that in my pocket!

Sal

SalMelbourne

Easy, quick and cheap! Highly recommended

Extremely excited Pacific Hydro created a retail company to sign up with, searching and getting prices on the tango website is super easy, mine was jemena. Tango is the CHEAPEST of any and all companies for my network area, even when you consider all the CONFUSING discounts other companies offer, Tango is still on top by far.

Took 8min over the phone to sign up and got my welcome pack 24hours later

Was previously with Red Energy, while a fair supplier, they were hopeless at providing bills, customer service wasn't up to scratch, plus Tango is cheaper than Red Energy, to the extra tune of $150 - $200 a year.

JZ66

JZ66VIC, 3055

Good rates and prices - but customer service has dropped since recent name/takeover

Jacques

JacquesSouthbannk

Cheap and prices locked for 2 years

They are the cheapest out there and their energy prices are locked for the next 2 years. Best electricity provider out there

Karen

KarenMelbourne

Simple to understand energy plans

Lee

LeeFrankston

Don't bother signing if on Mornington Peninsula

Would leave a minus rating if I could.
Have tried 3 times to sign up. Once when we had the old meter. No go
Changed over to Smart Meter, no go, new meter was not registered.
Tried today, NO AGAIN because our meter is programmed with the wrong feed in tariff for them, and they won't change it. Told us to go to our current provider to change, but United Energy who is the Major Supplier said the new provider can change the tariff settings when we installed the smart meter.
Advised by Sharma they can change the tariff when we are a customer???? But won't sign us up until we get it changed by our current provider. Double dutch speaking.

Lucy O

Lucy OMelbourne

Hard to sign up but 100% worth it

So annoying to sign up, has to be done over the phone and often their callback takes a long time. BUT their rates are simply unbeatable. I've been with them 18 months and regularly comparison shop, but nothing can beat the price. Have never had bill shock and their rates don't sneak up over time.

Wendy

Wendyasked

I note that one customer says "very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional"
Being a future solar power customer and wanting to watch the useage etc, what does Barry mean? Does it mean you can't monitor it yet through Tango? Wendy

Hi Wendy,
They have fixed that part of the portal so you can monitor you power usage and the amount of solar that you feed back into the system. They probably have the best customer service you are likely to come across, most helpful. They are a no frills company with very competitive rates.

Pret

Pretasked

does tango provide gas connection as well?

Barry

Hi Pret, Not sure I did read on a Google search that they will at some stage. The best thing is to give them a ring o 1800 010 648, the good thing about this is they are in Victoria, not some far flung country who knows where.

Avi

Hi pret they don’t have a gas connection at the moment. I just moved to globird energy which I found the cheapest and had a good rating on product review give them a call till tango sort it out and come in the gas market

Avi

The switch on site from Victorian government is very good at this if you want an impartial list of retailers and plans

Oleg G

Oleg Gasked

Had never had problem with Tango for 2 years.

Get an answer from our members and Tango Electricity representatives