2Tango Energy

33% · 4996 · 64%

Lisa M.
Lisa M.Western District, VIC

Outstanding Customer Service

After being a loyal Origin customer for 10+ years, I moved to Tango Energy based on great prices and good online reviews. From my first phonecall, to every phonecall subsequent, I have spoken to friendly professional, local staff who have taken time to listen and help. When my credit card number changed, they proactively telephoned me. When my tariff changed recently, they took the time to explain the reasons and talk me through my options. While they may not be the cheapest provider (although not far off), their customer service is outstanding and worth paying a little extra for.

Shivz
Shivz2 posts

Not a good system or customer service

As good as their electricity rates might be, the customer service is not good at all, they dont email ur invoices on time always delayed, i left and came back to tango, turns out they opened two accounts for me so i had to pay 2 “final bills” and they confused me so much.
Nurspc
Nurspc2 posts

Unexplained price increase!!

Price increased after 12 months by around 20-25% which from someone who pays 2.5-3k per year is huge. Rang up customer service and no one offered any deals and just didn't give a hoot (poor customer service). They basically wanted me to leave. So I will be switching
balrat
balratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC13 posts

Unexplained Price Hike!

I have been very happy with Tango - but the recent price increase in the the off-peak rate from 13.2c Kwh to17.82c Kwh - a whopping 34% increase, has left me bemused and annoyed. The supply charge and peak hour usage rates have increased but only marginally. Yet again I have to go through that tedious process of comparing suppliers - I would rather stick with Tango but inexplicable rate increases like this don't encourage loyalty!
GOOSE
GOOSEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Very Expensive no solar discount

I changed my power from lumo to tango and had solar fitted before i went with tango put on my roof and was told it was all connected so i got my first quarter 3 months bill i was charged full bill more than lumo called ombudsman tango called but sent another bill with an extra $70 on it said new charges but does not say what for i said what about my solar they said was not connected but i sent the paper work with the date on it saying it was connected we have a smart meter why do i have solar power is not connected will never use Tango again

Amarjeet
AmarjeetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Too expensive

Worst experience with it!!! My bill is 3 times higher than last energy provider.
It is horrible experience with them it's better to find someone different energy provider. Customer
service is totally frustrating.
Truth teller
Truth tellerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

BEWARE! Breach of privacy and credit practices!

Tango energy engages in ruthless and underhanded privacy violations where your Information is sold to third parties. They breach credit compliance practices and abusive privilege when you agree to their terms & conditions. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
Rad W.
Rad W.Victoria9 posts

Sloppy and disorganised, they will cost you money

So I signed on for a monthly plan, my bill was issued 3 monthly, when i called to resolve this they told me it was fine, it never was. I called several times and still got the same response until i switched to another plan.

Now they have reissued a bill, okay fine. But at the same time they have issued a new bill, which includes the old bill, as well as inaccurate gst charge (concerning) that is too low. And their website says a different amount due for the reissued bill.
They are unprofessional, not worth the hassle at all. I will be paying the fee and jumping to somewhere else.

Deeman88
Deeman88Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Not the cheapest anymore but still very competitive rates

I was really happy with Pacific Hydro (Tango Electricity previous name) for the past few years until they changed to Tango, there was been constant rate rises and there was another one only a month ago. Pacific Hydro had 24 month contracts where you can guarantee there wouldn't be any price hikes during that time. But Tango Energy does month to month contracts so prices can go up at anytime but they let me know the month before about a rate rise which was nice of them to give me a heads up.

Rory McGinty
Rory McGintyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

This Company is Chinese owned

There are many Australian owned energy providers that should be considered before this one.
I have found Momentum energy really good to deal with & my energy bills are lower than the ones I’d get when I was with Origin.

And to the person who felt the need to send me a message to say I was a racist for giving an energy company 1 star based on their ownership, get back to me when an Australian energy company can operate in China.

MARIO
MARIOmelbourne

STAY AWAY

STAY AWAY....The most unprofessional company I’ve ever had to deal with .
They could not give a .....
...TANGO if you want to continue losing more customers...keep Lisa employed with your company.
Aqib
AqibGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

probably the worst customer service experience i ever had in my life.
Every department give you misleading false information just to sell you high cost energy plan.
Cheap rates but if you ever have to interact with their customer support team then GOODLUCK!
G_S_S
G_S_S2 posts

Good rates, great service

Been with Tango for residential electricity in Vic for about 12 months having come across from a large market player. The switch process was easy, with good communication throughout.
Whilst larger providers have apps for payments, usage, etc, Tango has same functionality just via a web browser. The only improvement would be to allow viewing of hourly usage not just 24 hour periods.

Given electricity is electricity, the key is how do they respond if you have an issue. Well, my experience has been great. Had to contact them with an issue not caused by them and the service was faultless. Eased my concerns. I know this review sounds glowing but Tango seem to be pretty good so far.

Short Changed
Short ChangedGippsland, VIC3 posts

Price rise during corona virus?

Received Tango email ...14 days notice of price rise. Extremely inept decision to increase pricing in middle of shutdown /job losses /pandemic. But $$$ come first I guess. Shame. Clearly loyalty counts for little in today's world.
FONG
FONGAustralia2 posts

Great and simple rate

I have been using Tango for 2 years without price increase. Recently we received email advising the rate will increase but when we rang them up, they introduce another great plan to us. I would advise other customers try to check Tango website and tried to ring them up, they can always advise a very good rate. Don't stop using Tango by just receiving the rate increase email !!
Rosemary N
Rosemary NAU16 posts

Raise price exactly after one year for no reason

Switched to Tango electricity a year ago. They've just sent me an email with new rates which would increase my rate 25% during a very difficult time when we are all facing a pandemic. Disgusting behaviour. I will switch to another one.

SilverGhost
SilverGhost24 posts

From Rooster to Feather Duster

I switched to Tango electricity a year ago. They've just sent me an email with new rates which would increase my bill by 23%. There are cheaper retailers, so I'm switching.
This is similar behaviour to my previous electricity retailer.
Seems you have to switch retailers each year or less to avoid being ripped off.
standupforyrrights
standupforyrrightsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Price Gouge

In Victoria, Tango Energy have this month increased our power rate from 17.85c to 25.74c. A clear 44% price gouge. When asked why they are now one of the middle to most expensive, from being cheapest, they cannot explain. Slow replies even after complaint thru EWOV ombudsman
paul e
paul eMELBOURNE3 posts

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.
Thayyil V
Thayyil VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

Jon
JonThe Mallee, VIC50 posts

Great customer service, big savings on my bill

Very friendly staff helped me with my problems straight away, I have saved $200 on my first bill unlike AGL and power direct. Happy I joined Tango energy would definitely recommend them
Unhappy User
Unhappy UserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest Foreign Owned Electricity Supplier

Been a customer for nearly 3 years
Last Sept they sent an email advising of a 35% increase and said if we didn’t respond the increase would be enacted. I did not respond as silence does not mean consent in any contractual matter. They slipped the increase through last month. I have objected and their approach is to hide behind an agreement I never agreed to. Foreign owned so value leaves Aust. Go elsewhere .....I am
Oz
OzBraddon 2612, ACT48 posts

26 Minutes to Answer Phone. Do not bother with this business

Rented in Melbourne for 2 years.
Zero problems with sign up to new electricity service 2 years ago. Zero issues with supply.
Called to cancel today
26 minutes in call queue before I speak to actual person.
Not acceptable

MichaelAU77 posts

Carmelo S.
Carmelo S.VictoriaAustralia5 posts

No nonsense electricity

Cheapest electricity retailer. No nonsense with discounts or pay on time offers. Offers only one rate and it is the cheapest one out there. Great customer service over the phone and in my experience have been serviced by a customer representative in less then 10 minutes. Certainly will be going cross to them when the start offering gas.

Anonymous762
Anonymous762Victoria96 posts

BarryVictoria, 32017 posts

Customer Portal

Just signed up with Tango Energy, very happy with the process good customer service and rates. As we have a solar system installed I monitor our power consumption and solar credit carefully. Very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional.
Avi
AviMelbourne5 posts

Electricity retailer par excellence

best company to have as your retail electricity seller. the best. they stick to what they promise. which is pretty big. No nonsense rates and fancy discount schemes that hide real costs. easy simple and the cheapest by long shot in the market. just go with them blindly dont even think about it.
Faran Q.
Faran Q.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Best Rates and Great Service

Got a call 4 months back to switch to Tango from their Sales rep and as he explained that their is no discount but great rates, that attracted me to listen him further. I got great solar buy back rates. Looking forward for Tango to offer Gas soon too. Recommended many of my mates and all of them are happy with the switch to Tango.
Angelo39
Angelo39Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Great to be with Tango!

Very happy with Tango rates and services... Would recommend anyone...no one could beat there simple and great rates on the current market. No dramas with pay on time discounts and all.. simple.. Keep up the good service! Would love to collect Gas in future if they do provide..thank you Tango
suziq
suziqBendigo8 posts

Jimb
JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC132 posts

Saving Money

Have been using Tango for 8 months now,and have been saving about $30 a month,mainly because of off peak rates which Lumo did not offer me and said if I wanted them I should have asked.No discount pay on time gentle reminder if late,not often and can monitor usage daily,up front with information at sign up.
beebeegee
beebeegeeMelbourne, Vic244 posts

Elvis
Elvis5 posts

Pretty good

Been with Pacific Hydro now Tango for over two years now and no problems. Really good simple rates, small increase at end of contract period and local call center. connecting solar was easy and quick.
phil C
phil CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Really great service

So my meter number did not align correctly with the property (not Tango''s fault) and consequently I had connected the wrong meter. Tango corrected this and connected the power the same day, so it was excellent service. Thanks!

Brenn
Brenndont have facebook4 posts

Once good now not good

I am an electricity customer who has been with this company since 2015. ( recommended to another paying customer as well). They have made mistakes--record keeping wrong---- and accusing me of failing to do something.. They -- just now ---had to admit they sent out nothing by mail and had my details re my plan wrong, and, when I was on the verge of changing to another company they offered a sweetener that i appreciated ....until i found out other companies offer this item for free---- so they offer me nothing to make up for the misery that they caused. I see ageism here as they would not listen staring at my birth date ---i wonder.
Standard
StandardVictoriaAustralia39 posts

Rocky Start with Tango

We switched from DODO to Tango a few months ago, it has been a rocky journey so far. It seems every invoice they send me has an overdue amount, and they never send me the original bill. I pay all my bills on-time, Tango is the only company that consistently send me bills only when they are overdue. Hopefully it gets better from here, otherwise I'll probably switch to another company with more consistent billing. However if they do improve, I will amend my review to a higher rating.
MoFresh
MoFreshMelbourne15 posts

Good customer service, unbeatable rates, no problems at all

Tango is awesome as far as an energy provider goes. No lock in contract, good customer service, simple payment and billing procedures, the lot! We've been with Tango for a year and couldn't be happier.
Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC31 posts

They have a low price that stays low

Some companies set a low price initially for electricity then it goes up fast. Tango haven't done that after a year or two. Their call centre based in Melbourne is good too.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now