2Tango Energy

2.4

33% · 4996 · 64%

Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC31 posts

They have a low price that stays low

Some companies set a low price initially for electricity then it goes up fast. Tango haven't done that after a year or two. Their call centre based in Melbourne is good too.

djduke28
djduke28Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC16 posts

Great customer service and competitive rates

Signed up to Tango after getting gouged by globird and their bad service.

Sign up via phone only was fine with me and the customer service was excellent and was made very easy to swap over to Tango.

I was signed up to the Home eSelect plan which is cheap for me and my rates are locked in for 2 years, so no nasty price rises until that time is up which is great.

All my bills so far have been cheap so i could'nt be happier!
On direct debit which make things easy for me and bills are sent via email.

Tango have great customer service and their call centre is in Melbourne which is a bonus!

Would recommend Tango to anyone.

Les from Fitzroy
Les from FitzroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC28 posts

Needs a website for signup

The signup is a little painful as it can't be done on a website. However, the customer service reps were very patient and eventually it got done. Very competitive pricing, bills are simple and clear, payment through Bpay no problems. Recommended.
Steven L
Steven LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Awesome and no drama energy provider

Changed my energy provider from AGL. The rates are so competitive that I cant believe im paying soooo much lesser. Fixed rate for 2 yrs from the date you sign up. No surprises or unnecessary discounts. No drama. Got prompt reply and support whenever needed. Keep up with the good work!
Kat L.
Kat L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

No nonsense, no bull****

No qualms here. Tango have been great to deal with, an absolute god send compared to other electricity companies. I wish they offered gas too!
No hesitation in recommending them to family and friends.

GreyGuru
GreyGuru67 posts

Trav123
Trav12312 posts

Easy to swap. Cheap rates

Swapped from a more expensive competitor on advice of vic govt compare website.
Rates are around 50% cheaper than my old retailers base rates(before their pay on time discount)
I now don’t have to worry about pay on time discounts as tango don’t have them.
Very easy to swap. A simple phone call and it was all done in about 10 mins.
Swap over took approx 15 days from call to connection.
Call centre is Geelong based, so no calls to India either.
Katrina
KatrinaMelbourne

Offered reasonable product and pricing but foreign owned :(

I accepted an offer by Tango but backed out in the cooling off period when I realised that they were foreign owned. Asked the sales guy whether they were foreign owned but he either couldn't or didn't answer. Keeping Australians employed is my key priority. They do have head office in Geelong and call centre in Southbank, but there are other energy companies out there that are either fully or mainly Australian owned and I'd prefer to support them!

Hugo42
Hugo42AU10 posts

Bait and hook

Just rang Tango to arrange a switch to them based on an offer from the Victorian govt energy compare website. During the phone call they quoted prices higher than on the comparison web site, then gave a litany of excuses when I objected. Typical shonky sales practice - they won't get any business from me.

Ram
RamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Connection

Tango have been a pleasure to deal with in getting the connection to my rented unit. They provided regular (but not annoyingly so) text updates and then a last advice well in time. They connected the electricity as promised. One tiny quibble would be that given all this great lead-up, it would have been nice to get a text when the electricity was actually turned on. But that is a minor quibble and doesn’t detract from my high rating of their service

Abhijit Sahasrabudhe
Abhijit SahasrabudheMelbourne, Victoria4 posts

Fabulous deal

Tango energy customer service was brilliant. The team followed up with my installation issues and made sure they were fixed in time.

The rates are straight forward and the best in the market.

Previous companies offered me the so called discounts, but I ended up paying a lot more than I am doing now.

Moon
MoonMelbourne3 posts

Fantastic pricing, very impressive sales support,

So easy to compare and sign up. Emailed a few bills, got an apples with apples comparison. No mucking around, and an immediate 35% reduction in my bill. I have a 5kw solar system and a smart meter - and absolutley NO issues there. The flat rate charge is much cheaper than my current charge (and would still be cheaper than a dual tariff even if it was available under the wholesale provider) Solar feed in is the same and supply charge (always the kicker) is a little cheaper.

Overall I am in front BIG time!

Sales team know their stuff and absolutely no CRAP - just straight out cheaper rates with no contract.

Oh and did I mention their support for renewables?...I am a fan!

Michael Czajka

Find out how Tango Energy compares to other Energy Providers

CassieM
CassieMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Cheapest in the market

I have a smart meter which was lucky because when we moved in we had no power, within 20 mins they had the power on! they are the cheapest in the market by far if the low rates are persistent they will keep me as a customer

J9
J9Gippsland, VIC103 posts

CHEAPER PRICES WITHOUT NORMAL REGULAR INCREASES

Have just recently changed over to Tango and I'm very happy. Was previously with AGL who just kept increasing their prices so I decided to shop around and found Tango who are much cheaper AND they have prices locked in for 2 years so no regular price increases like the other companies seem to have! I've received two bills and both are much cheaper than I was paying previously with AGL - estimated savings are at least $200 a year so I'd rather that in my pocket!

Sal
SalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

Easy, quick and cheap! Highly recommended

Extremely excited Pacific Hydro created a retail company to sign up with, searching and getting prices on the tango website is super easy, mine was jemena. Tango is the CHEAPEST of any and all companies for my network area, even when you consider all the CONFUSING discounts other companies offer, Tango is still on top by far.

Took 8min over the phone to sign up and got my welcome pack 24hours later

Was previously with Red Energy, while a fair supplier, they were hopeless at providing bills, customer service wasn't up to scratch, plus Tango is cheaper than Red Energy, to the extra tune of $150 - $200 a year.

JZ66
JZ66VIC, 3055189 posts

Jacques
JacquesSouthbannk11 posts

Cheap and prices locked for 2 years

They are the cheapest out there and their energy prices are locked for the next 2 years. Best electricity provider out there

Lee
LeeFrankston

Don't bother signing if on Mornington Peninsula

Would leave a minus rating if I could.

Have tried 3 times to sign up. Once when we had the old meter. No go

Changed over to Smart Meter, no go, new meter was not registered.

Tried today, NO AGAIN because our meter is programmed with the wrong feed in tariff for them, and they won't change it. Told us to go to our current provider to change, but United Energy who is the Major Supplier said the new provider can change the tariff settings when we installed the smart meter.

Advised by Sharma they can change the tariff when we are a customer???? But won't sign us up until we get it changed by our current provider. Double dutch speaking.

Lucy O
Lucy OMelbourne11 posts

Hard to sign up but 100% worth it

So annoying to sign up, has to be done over the phone and often their callback takes a long time. BUT their rates are simply unbeatable. I've been with them 18 months and regularly comparison shop, but nothing can beat the price. Have never had bill shock and their rates don't sneak up over time.

J M
J M14 posts

Best deal very simple pricing

The call centre is in Melbourne, best price. I have been with TANGO three months, certainly the best deal, very simple pricing.

Lindsay
Lindsay

Great customer service

Just recently signed up with Tango - spoke to a lovely lady who was excellent from start to finish and connected up my smart meter for our move in to our new home. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was connected remotely with my smart meter

Melissa
Melissa

They do smart meters

I called Tango as i read a review about them not taking on smart meters, I spoke to their sales team who confirmed this is incorrect-smart meters yes are fine they just can’t bill a specific tariff. I signed up today, very easy process as they take care of everything and their rates are the lowest with no hidden fees, definitely recommending.

Energy Providers

Find out how Tango Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Rozza
RozzaMornington, Vic4 posts

Don’t bother if you have a Smart Meter

After signing up with Tango over the phone, I waited 6 days for confirmation and their Welcome Pack. When nothing arrived I contacted them again to be told it was coming but they needed more time. Today, 2 weeks later, I was told they can’t provide my electricity because of the type of meter I have. I have a Smart meter like many other households. I can't believe that a smart meter prevents them from supplying electricity. I also can’t believe they didn’t say so in the first place or pay me the courtesy of letting me know.

Unimpressed is an understatement.

M-R
M-RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

Tango Energy is worth moving to !

I simply don't worry about checking every year: I know I'm not being ripped off.

Tango's rates are very keen indeed; and I'm taking them with me when I move suburbs - even though it means having to do a lot of mucking about trying to get gas alone (as I don't have it where I am now).

Very highly recommended..

bobbysdad
bobbysdadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC32 posts

Tango, [formerly known as Pacific Hydro.]

If you need to get a better idea about this electricity supplier, do a search for reviews on Pacific Hydro.

Same company, but they've changed their name recently. [Personally, I preferred the old name and logo, but the service is still the best.]

They are the BEST and CHEAPEST provider of ALL bar none.

Read the reviews, and do the change. You'll be so happy you did.

They make living, most affordable, especially if you're on a pension and poor like me.

.... and "no", I don't work for them or have any connection with them except for my electricity.

It should be noted, I don't think they do Gas, YET, but it's coming soon, if not already.

reviews
reviewsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now