Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees

looks you lost customers

You did not listen to me when you decreased your feed in solar rate that is why I left i am now getting 10 cents a k/w you try to scam people with your new rate same as the solar company BSOLAR you are both scammers

Jody W.
Jody W.Southwest, VIC

It’s too late for me, save yourself! Take your business elsewhere.

Signed up gas 5 weeks ago, still not transferred over. Now told it’s delayed, no time frame given. Going to cost me extra if I request it be done asap!

Karen
KarenMelbourne

I was a happy customer but not now.

I have been with Tango for some years and was very happy with their rates. They had simple to understand pricing without the confusing discounting. Not so now. Their prices have hiked and their plans are different from what they were before and they have introduced confusing discounting. They are also offering cheaper rates to new customers which existing customers cannot get. I also didn't realise they are not Australian until now so I will move to an alternate company. I would give them no stars if I could.

Nuwan A.
Nuwan A.South Australia

Unprofessional, rude, I can go on

They didn't disconnect within 4 business days as mentioned , and I have to pay someone else's until they reads when they can. Main issue is that when I mentioned it only reply is they read it after few days of my notice. What a company

unhappy
unhappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Australian owned

Was with Tango until prices went up then on questioning they advised they were owned by Pacific Hydro Australia which sounded ok but then found they are 100% Chinese owned. So went for Aussie owned

Mikey
MikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

*WARNING* Illegal Practices

Tenant moved out. Paid final bill and for electricity to be disconnected. Final invoice & proof of payment provided.
Electricity was disconnected.
Tango Energy now sending demand letters for electricity provided during the disconnection period.
There was no electricity provided (it was disconnected), nor was there any new contract.
Have contacted the Ombudsman was told they are breaking the law. Will submit all info to Ombudsman.

Dave
DaveNortheast, VIC

Price Increases !!!

I was reading an article saying how electricity prices have fallen during 2020, so I checked my Tango bill ... I nearly fell over .. they have put our price up from 26c/kw to 30c/kw (peak) and 13 to 20c/kw off peak !! That is 15% increase in the peak and 50% increase in the offpeak !

Judging by other comments here, this is how they operate, get you in low and then quietly increase price. I am so cranky, I am so sick of being ripped of by companies like this.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
TimC
TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No special promotion or lower rates for Time of Use

IF Tango wants cheaper rates for Single or Flex rates then , Please warning to Time of Use Tariff dont Join with them.... Tango is not Cheapest any more Thanks to Chinese company.

Nick R.
Nick R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another Chinese owned energy company.

Another Chinese owned energy company. Let keep Australian power & gas in Australian hands. Momentum, globird or red energy all the way. They increased their rates hugely last year making them more expensive than aussie ones anyone

Find out how Tango Electricity compares to other Energy Providers

Not a good system or customer service

As good as their electricity rates might be, the customer service is not good at all, they dont email ur invoices on time always delayed, i left and came back to tango, turns out they opened two accounts for me so i had to pay 2 “final bills” and they confused me so much.

GOOSE
GOOSEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Expensive no solar discount

I changed my power from lumo to tango and had solar fitted before i went with tango put on my roof and was told it was all connected so i got my first quarter 3 months bill i was charged full bill more than lumo called ombudsman tango called but sent another bill with an extra $70 on it said new charges but does not say what for i said what about my solar they said was not connected but i sent the paper work with the date on it saying it was connected we have a smart meter why do i have solar power is not connected will never use Tango again

Amarjeet
AmarjeetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Too expensive

Worst experience with it!!! My bill is 3 times higher than last energy provider.
It is horrible experience with them it's better to find someone different energy provider. Customer
service is totally frustrating.

Truth teller
Truth tellerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

BEWARE! Breach of privacy and credit practices!

Tango energy engages in ruthless and underhanded privacy violations where your Information is sold to third parties. They breach credit compliance practices and abusive privilege when you agree to their terms & conditions. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Rad W.
Rad W.Victoria

Sloppy and disorganised, they will cost you money

So I signed on for a monthly plan, my bill was issued 3 monthly, when i called to resolve this they told me it was fine, it never was. I called several times and still got the same response until i switched to another plan.

Now they have reissued a bill, okay fine. But at the same time they have issued a new bill, which includes the old bill, as well as inaccurate gst charge (concerning) that is too low. And their website says a different amount due for the reissued bill.
They are unprofessional, not worth the hassle at all. I will be paying the fee and jumping to somewhere else.

Rory McGinty
Rory McGintyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This Company is Chinese owned.

There are many Australian owned energy providers that should be considered before this one.
I have found Momentum energy really good to deal with & my energy bills are lower than the ones I’d get when I was with Origin.

ServicesElectricity