Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
DrN
DrNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Illegal activities

Tango record all calls without gaining permission or advising the person they have contacted.
They also attempted to elicit personal information about me from a third party without my consent. Ignored multiple emails pertaining to a disability concession, and actively continue to engage in disability discrimination.

looks you lost customers

You did not listen to me when you decreased your feed in solar rate that is why I left i am now getting 10 cents a k/w you try to scam people with your new rate same as the solar company BSOLAR you are both scammers

Jody W.
Jody W.Southwest, VIC

It’s too late for me, save yourself! Take your business elsewhere.

Signed up gas 5 weeks ago, still not transferred over. Now told it’s delayed, no time frame given. Going to cost me extra if I request it be done asap!

Karen
KarenMelbourne

I was a happy customer but not now.

I have been with Tango for some years and was very happy with their rates. They had simple to understand pricing without the confusing discounting. Not so now. Their prices have hiked and their plans are different from what they were before and they have introduced confusing discounting. They are also offering cheaper rates to new customers which existing customers cannot get. I also didn't realise they are not Australian until now so I will move to an alternate company. I would give them no stars if I could.

Nuwan A.
Nuwan A.South Australia

Unprofessional, rude, I can go on

They didn't disconnect within 4 business days as mentioned , and I have to pay someone else's until they reads when they can. Main issue is that when I mentioned it only reply is they read it after few days of my notice. What a company

O. Manor
O. ManorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed

I have been with Tango for the last 4 years and was very happy with them, till my last two bills suddenly increased and I have just discovered that I have an overdue bill as they changed the cycle from 90 days to monthly, without telling me. Needless to say, my monthly bill is now close to what I was paying for 3 months, so it hardly seems worth hanging onto them, as that represents a massive increase for a one person household, who is very careful with her power usage.

Nev
Nev

Moving on

I’ve been with tango 1 year and they changed the billing cycle to monthly without any consideration and had to find out from them. There’s also something about the bills that I find excessive. I’m leaving for didn’t feel comfortable

ServicesElectricity

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Tania G.
Tania G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money hungry!

unhappy
unhappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Australian owned

Was with Tango until prices went up then on questioning they advised they were owned by Pacific Hydro Australia which sounded ok but then found they are 100% Chinese owned. So went for Aussie owned

Mikey
MikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

*WARNING* Illegal Practices

Tenant moved out. Paid final bill and for electricity to be disconnected. Final invoice & proof of payment provided.
Electricity was disconnected.
Tango Energy now sending demand letters for electricity provided during the disconnection period.
There was no electricity provided (it was disconnected), nor was there any new contract.
Have contacted the Ombudsman was told they are breaking the law. Will submit all info to Ombudsman.

Dave
DaveNortheast, VIC

Price Increases !!!

I was reading an article saying how electricity prices have fallen during 2020, so I checked my Tango bill ... I nearly fell over .. they have put our price up from 26c/kw to 30c/kw (peak) and 13 to 20c/kw off peak !! That is 15% increase in the peak and 50% increase in the offpeak !

Judging by other comments here, this is how they operate, get you in low and then quietly increase price. I am so cranky, I am so sick of being ripped of by companies like this.

TimC
TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No special promotion or lower rates for Time of Use

IF Tango wants cheaper rates for Single or Flex rates then , Please warning to Time of Use Tariff dont Join with them.... Tango is not Cheapest any more Thanks to Chinese company.

Nick R.
Nick R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another Chinese owned energy company.

Another Chinese owned energy company. Let keep Australian power & gas in Australian hands. Momentum, globird or red energy all the way. They increased their rates hugely last year making them more expensive than aussie ones anyone

Not a good system or customer service

As good as their electricity rates might be, the customer service is not good at all, they dont email ur invoices on time always delayed, i left and came back to tango, turns out they opened two accounts for me so i had to pay 2 “final bills” and they confused me so much.

Nurspc
Nurspc

Unexplained price increase!!

Price increased after 12 months by around 20-25% which from someone who pays 2.5-3k per year is huge. Rang up customer service and no one offered any deals and just didn't give a hoot (poor customer service). They basically wanted me to leave. So I will be switching