Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity (page 2 of 2)

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
standupforyrrights
standupforyrrightsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Price Gouge

In Victoria, Tango Energy have this month increased our power rate from 17.85c to 25.74c. A clear 44% price gouge. When asked why they are now one of the middle to most expensive, from being cheapest, they cannot explain. Slow replies even after complaint thru EWOV ombudsman

paul e
paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Thayyil V
Thayyil VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Annoyed And Disappointed

Unhappy User
Unhappy UserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest Foreign Owned Electricity Supplier

Been a customer for nearly 3 years
Last Sept they sent an email advising of a 35% increase and said if we didn’t respond the increase would be enacted. I did not respond as silence does not mean consent in any contractual matter. They slipped the increase through last month. I have objected and their approach is to hide behind an agreement I never agreed to. Foreign owned so value leaves Aust. Go elsewhere .....I am

Oz
OzBraddon 2612, ACT

26 Minutes to Answer Phone. Do not bother with this business

Rented in Melbourne for 2 years.
Zero problems with sign up to new electricity service 2 years ago. Zero issues with supply.
Called to cancel today
26 minutes in call queue before I speak to actual person.
Not acceptable
Take your business elsewhere

Worst Industry - I was sold a service by Tango that cost me a lot more than my previous provider Momentum

Brenn
Brenndont have facebook

Once good now not good

I am an electricity customer who has been with this company since 2015. ( recommended to another paying customer as well). They have made mistakes--record keeping wrong---- and accusing me of failing to do something.. They -- just now ---had to admit they sent out nothing by mail and had my details re my plan wrong, and, when I was on the verge of changing to another company they offered a sweetener that i appreciated ....until i found out other companies offer this item for free---- so they offer me nothing to make up for the misery that they caused. I see ageism here as they would not listen staring at my birth date ---i wonder.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Standard
StandardVictoria, Australia

Rocky Start with Tango

We switched from DODO to Tango a few months ago, it has been a rocky journey so far. It seems every invoice they send me has an overdue amount, and they never send me the original bill. I pay all my bills on-time, Tango is the only company that consistently send me bills only when they are overdue. Hopefully it gets better from here, otherwise I'll probably switch to another company with more consistent billing. However if they do improve, I will amend my review to a higher rating.

Katrina
KatrinaMelbourne

Offered reasonable product and pricing but foreign owned :(

I accepted an offer by Tango but backed out in the cooling off period when I realised that they were foreign owned. Asked the sales guy whether they were foreign owned but he either couldn't or didn't answer. Keeping Australians employed is my key priority. They do have head office in Geelong and call centre in Southbank, but there are other energy companies out there that are either fully or mainly Australian owned and I'd prefer to support them!

Hugo42
Hugo42AU

Bait and hook

Just rang Tango to arrange a switch to them based on an offer from the Victorian govt energy compare website. During the phone call they quoted prices higher than on the comparison web site, then gave a litany of excuses when I objected. Typical shonky sales practice - they won't get any business from me.

Scotty the AJ
Scotty the AJAU

Inevitable price rise happened...

Lee
LeeFrankston

Don't bother signing if on Mornington Peninsula

Would leave a minus rating if I could.
Have tried 3 times to sign up. Once when we had the old meter. No go
Changed over to Smart Meter, no go, new meter was not registered.
Tried today, NO AGAIN because our meter is programmed with the wrong feed in tariff for them, and they won't change it. Told us to go to our current provider to change, but United Energy who is the Major Supplier said the new provider can change the tariff settings when we installed the smart meter.
Advised by Sharma they can change the tariff when we are a customer???? But won't sign us up until we get it changed by our current provider. Double dutch speaking.

Rozza
RozzaMornington, Vic

Don’t bother if you have a Smart Meter

After signing up with Tango over the phone, I waited 6 days for confirmation and their Welcome Pack. When nothing arrived I contacted them again to be told it was coming but they needed more time. Today, 2 weeks later, I was told they can’t provide my electricity because of the type of meter I have. I have a Smart meter like many other households. I can't believe that a smart meter prevents them from supplying electricity. I also can’t believe they didn’t say so in the first place or pay me the courtesy of letting me know.
Unimpressed is an understatement.

Other Energy Providers