Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Nev
Nev

Moving on

I’ve been with tango 1 year and they changed the billing cycle to monthly without any consideration and had to find out from them. There’s also something about the bills that I find excessive. I’m leaving for didn’t feel comfortable

Tania G.
Tania G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money hungry!

Nurspc
Nurspc

Unexplained price increase!!

Price increased after 12 months by around 20-25% which from someone who pays 2.5-3k per year is huge. Rang up customer service and no one offered any deals and just didn't give a hoot (poor customer service). They basically wanted me to leave. So I will be switching

balrat
balratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unexplained Price Hike!

I have been very happy with Tango - but the recent price increase in the the off-peak rate from 13.2c Kwh to17.82c Kwh - a whopping 34% increase, has left me bemused and annoyed. The supply charge and peak hour usage rates have increased but only marginally. Yet again I have to go through that tedious process of comparing suppliers - I would rather stick with Tango but inexplicable rate increases like this don't encourage loyalty!

Deeman88
Deeman88Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not the cheapest anymore but still very competitive rates

I was really happy with Pacific Hydro (Tango Electricity previous name) for the past few years until they changed to Tango, there was been constant rate rises and there was another one only a month ago. Pacific Hydro had 24 month contracts where you can guarantee there wouldn't be any price hikes during that time. But Tango Energy does month to month contracts so prices can go up at anytime but they let me know the month before about a rate rise which was nice of them to give me a heads up.

paul e
paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Jon
JonThe Mallee, VIC

Great customer service, big savings on my bill

Very friendly staff helped me with my problems straight away, I have saved $200 on my first bill unlike AGL and power direct. Happy I joined Tango energy would definitely recommend them

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Anonymous762
Anonymous762Victoria

My Experience with Tango is good so far.

Jimb
JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Saving Money.

Have been using Tango for 8 months now,and have been saving about $30 a month,mainly because of off peak rates which Lumo did not offer me and said if I wanted them I should have asked.No discount pay on time gentle reminder if late,not often and can monitor usage daily,up front with information at sign up.

beebeegee
beebeegeeMelbourne, Vic

Basic Company Gets Job Done, But

Standard
StandardVictoria, Australia

Rocky Start with Tango

We switched from DODO to Tango a few months ago, it has been a rocky journey so far. It seems every invoice they send me has an overdue amount, and they never send me the original bill. I pay all my bills on-time, Tango is the only company that consistently send me bills only when they are overdue. Hopefully it gets better from here, otherwise I'll probably switch to another company with more consistent billing. However if they do improve, I will amend my review to a higher rating.

Les from Fitzroy
Les from FitzroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Needs a website for signup

The signup is a little painful as it can't be done on a website. However, the customer service reps were very patient and eventually it got done. Very competitive pricing, bills are simple and clear, payment through Bpay no problems. Recommended.

GreyGuru
GreyGuru

Recently joined, good so far

Katrina
KatrinaMelbourne

Offered reasonable product and pricing but foreign owned :(

I accepted an offer by Tango but backed out in the cooling off period when I realised that they were foreign owned. Asked the sales guy whether they were foreign owned but he either couldn't or didn't answer. Keeping Australians employed is my key priority. They do have head office in Geelong and call centre in Southbank, but there are other energy companies out there that are either fully or mainly Australian owned and I'd prefer to support them!