Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Nev
Nev

Moving on

I’ve been with tango 1 year and they changed the billing cycle to monthly without any consideration and had to find out from them. There’s also something about the bills that I find excessive. I’m leaving for didn’t feel comfortable

ServicesElectricity
Tania G.
Tania G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money hungry!

Lisa M.
Lisa M.Western District, VIC

Outstanding Customer Service

After being a loyal Origin customer for 10+ years, I moved to Tango Energy based on great prices and good online reviews. From my first phonecall, to every phonecall subsequent, I have spoken to friendly professional, local staff who have taken time to listen and help. When my credit card number changed, they proactively telephoned me. When my tariff changed recently, they took the time to explain the reasons and talk me through my options. While they may not be the cheapest provider (although not far off), their customer service is outstanding and worth paying a little extra for.

Nurspc
Nurspc

Unexplained price increase!!

Price increased after 12 months by around 20-25% which from someone who pays 2.5-3k per year is huge. Rang up customer service and no one offered any deals and just didn't give a hoot (poor customer service). They basically wanted me to leave. So I will be switching

balrat
balratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unexplained Price Hike!

I have been very happy with Tango - but the recent price increase in the the off-peak rate from 13.2c Kwh to17.82c Kwh - a whopping 34% increase, has left me bemused and annoyed. The supply charge and peak hour usage rates have increased but only marginally. Yet again I have to go through that tedious process of comparing suppliers - I would rather stick with Tango but inexplicable rate increases like this don't encourage loyalty!

ServicesElectricity
G_S_S
G_S_S

Good rates, great service

Been with Tango for residential electricity in Vic for about 12 months having come across from a large market player. The switch process was easy, with good communication throughout.
Whilst larger providers have apps for payments, usage, etc, Tango has same functionality just via a web browser. The only improvement would be to allow viewing of hourly usage not just 24 hour periods.

Given electricity is electricity, the key is how do they respond if you have an issue. Well, my experience has been great. Had to contact them with an issue not caused by them and the service was faultless. Eased my concerns. I know this review sounds glowing but Tango seem to be pretty good so far.

FONG
FONGAustralia

Great and simple rate

I have been using Tango for 2 years without price increase. Recently we received email advising the rate will increase but when we rang them up, they introduce another great plan to us. I would advise other customers try to check Tango website and tried to ring them up, they can always advise a very good rate. Don't stop using Tango by just receiving the rate increase email !!

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
paul e
paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Michael
MichaelAU

Very good company - much better than the major companies

Carmelo S.
Carmelo S.Victoria, Australia

No nonsense electricity

Cheapest electricity retailer. No nonsense with discounts or pay on time offers. Offers only one rate and it is the cheapest one out there. Great customer service over the phone and in my experience have been serviced by a customer representative in less then 10 minutes. Certainly will be going cross to them when the start offering gas.

Avi
AviMelbourne

Electricity retailer par excellence

best company to have as your retail electricity seller. the best. they stick to what they promise. which is pretty big. No nonsense rates and fancy discount schemes that hide real costs. easy simple and the cheapest by long shot in the market. just go with them blindly dont even think about it.

Faran Q.
Faran Q.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Rates and Great Service

Got a call 4 months back to switch to Tango from their Sales rep and as he explained that their is no discount but great rates, that attracted me to listen him further. I got great solar buy back rates. Looking forward for Tango to offer Gas soon too. Recommended many of my mates and all of them are happy with the switch to Tango.

Angelo39
Angelo39Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great to be with Tango!

Very happy with Tango rates and services... Would recommend anyone...no one could beat there simple and great rates on the current market. No dramas with pay on time discounts and all.. simple.. Keep up the good service! Would love to collect Gas in future if they do provide..thank you Tango

suziq
suziqBendigo

Good straight up energy provider, no bull

Pretty good

Been with Pacific Hydro now Tango for over two years now and no problems. Really good simple rates, small increase at end of contract period and local call center. connecting solar was easy and quick.