Target Essentials TESSP20

Target Essentials TESSP20

4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Sandwich Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good value

I purchased this stainless steel sandwich press from Target not long ago at a sale price of $28, which I thought was excellent. My sandwich press comfortably fits 4 sandwiches, so I am not sure whether is the next model up but it looks the same as the one in the photo. Nice design, stores easily as it's quite flat and doesn't take a lot of room. Also as I mentioned above, plenty of room for 4 sandwiches or a couple of Turkish breads/Panini. Heats up in a flash - and here is the only thing I don't like too much about this appliance. Heats up very fast and the plates get really hot which seems fantastic, but this way the sandwiches cook quickly on the outside and when you check the filling, it hasn't had the time to cook/melt in that short amount of time. You can't regulate the heat, so you sort of have to keep an eye and move the sandwiches around a little to avoid them getting burnt. This is not a big deal though, as you shouldn't leave appliances like these unattended anyway, so it works for me, I still think it's a good purchase.
Good value, good design, very hot plates
Heats up too fast, so burns outside and doesn't have time to cook inside (you have to move sandwiches around a bit)