Tasman Eco Siena

Tasman Eco Siena (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Cots in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Guard rail unstable

I felt this cot was good value for money but after having used it for 12 months the guard rail has come off the tracks and the pins have started to damage the wood. We bought two for our twins and this has happened to both of them. My husband has fixed it many times but it is constantly happening. The worst part of it is that it sometimes happens when you put the kids to bed. So there you are struggling with the guard rail and finally you can't get it back on its tracks and there is a v shaped gap that little fingers could get caught in which is dangerous especially with the wood already splintering. The guard rail is also then unstable and shaky and could potentially cause a fall.
Initially thought it was good value.
Bad slide mechanism design. Not sturdy at all for the type of use and for the length of use. I originally got this as a recommendation from Choice magazine but I doubt they would recommend it knowing this issue has happened to many customers.

I had the same problem, happened as soon as I lowered the base from bassinet height, the rail pops straight out. Very dangerous for little fingers. Also have ruined the timer on the front from the sliding screws digging in! Not overly impressed! Wish I read this before I bought it! I agree; we're very disappointed, this cot had so many pluse's. Now we can't even find a store that stocks the 'purchase separately' bed rail. We were never told we needed this attachment in order to convert cot to junior bed, and store staff don't even seem to know that the bed rails must be bought separately! Feedback: manufacturer delivery is four week wait!!!If anyone is having difficulties with their cot i suggest you contact the compant as they will come to your house and fix it

Terrible

An expensive piece of equipment that behaves like a cheap piece of rubbish. Let's see how the said warranty will perform. Stick to the button design or try another brand for the spring loaded variety.
Looks good and the ability to convert to a bed is obviously a bonus
The slide rail is one of those spring loaded types and is very flimsy and extremely difficult to get working. In fact we gave up. The guiding pin the rails slide on provides way too much play and thus keeps coming off or out of its guide and jamming. There is so much play the pin can actually avoid the spring element and come out of the guide altogther, from where it all goes pear shaped. the faulty design is obvious when you look at it and baffles me how someone could come up with such a dodgey design. Also came with missing bolts to add to frustration.

We have two of the Siena cots and they are absoloutly fabulous, we'v have no trouble what so ever, we are extremly happy with them and the friendly customer service that Tasman Eco provided when we had a couple of questions, would recomend them any day!

Good

Compared to other products out there we found the cot and chest to be great value for money and have no trouble recommending the cot to anyone. We initially looked at the cot because it was recommended by choice magazine
Found the cot to be great value and relatively easy to assemble. We bought the white cot and the six drawer chest and so far we are very happy
No problems so far

Good

We got this cot on special (change table and mattress included) so it was a lot cheaper than a boori cot. My husband put it together in about 20 minutes and it all works really well. The drop side is handy and it has the two height settings. It seems a bit loud when the side is pulled up but they all seemed to be that way. Once put together it feels really sturdy, some of the other cots we looked at seamed to rattle a lot.
nice design, good quality, reasonable price, converts to bed and has a lifetime replacement warranty.
nothing so far

Good

We are very happy with this cot and it performs as it should. Drop side comes in handy when wrapping up bubs and we also have the matching tidy draw the rolls in underneath to store the linen out of the way.
Looks great (white), base has 2 height options and can convert into a bed as well.
Drop side works quieter than the Boori ones we tested in the store. Good price.
Instructions a bit light on especially regarding the drop side mechanism which after a few goes we managed to get the alignment right and it worked like a charm.

Please tell Brad on his review to contact the store as they have sold him the wrong mattress and he needs to get the correct size as is dangerous for his child.

Where do I get the screws for this cot i had them for my first child and brought in 2009 and can't find them and am due withy second in 6 weeks?
Hi, where did you buy the cot? They may be able to order in new ones for you, otherwise try emailing info@tasmaneco.com.au & they should be able to help.I would definitely try calling Tasman Eco, they always provide such wonderful service, I'm sure they would be able to help :)Yeah I did that and they are sending me out new screws thanks ☺️

Tasman Eco Siena