Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees

Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees

See the Best Financial Planning in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cannot fault their service

My 2 children and husband have substantial savings accounts with TPT. Occasionally I need to withdraw money from the children's accounts for biggish items, e.g. major car repairs. I can walk into TPT, complete a withdrawal application, and get a cheque drawn up right there on the spot. What I especially like is that there's no questions asked, no hard sell, no PRESSURE like the big financial institutions put on you. I can deposit money into the accounts and again, no hard sell, no "have you thought about doing this ..." and so on. Highly recommended.

Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees Limited Wills and Estate Planning

My experience with the executor at Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees in regard to will execution has been disappointing. Just three examples of many follow.
First, I was requested to nominate items I was interested in. I emailed asking if I could view the items. I was told no and even after I explained how could I express interest when I hadn't had the opportunity to see the the items, this person could not comprehend until I asked my request be passed onto management.
Second, when more than one beneficiary expressed interest in item(s), I suggested twice that the beneficiaries put in hidden bids to the trustee which would ensure items stayed within the family and would ensure all beneficiaries benefited. Never heard if the proposal was put to all the beneficiaries.
Third, beneficiaries were requested in writing not to access the house without permission from the Trustee and other beneficiaries. I became aware that other beneficiaries had accessed the house without permission and the trustees sent a letter stating "We are extremely disappointed to advise that due to disagreement between Estate beneficiaries we have need to have all locks on the Estate property changed". A lame response, they should have instead detailed what the issue was, a case of beneficiaries flaunting instructions.

As some items are already in beneficiaries possession (removed from house), I have no faith that Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees can carry out instructions or account for items.

I'd suggest using a solicitor rather than Tasmanian Perpetual Trustees and also ensure all items are listed as to who will receive them upon the will being executed.

Will execution poorly handled.