Taubmans Easycoat

Taubmans Easycoat

Low Sheen, Semi Gloss and Flat White

See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tigamika

TigamikaSydney, NSW

3 Coats still not enough!

Used taubmans easycoat prep + easycoat ceiling
After 3 coats of ceiling it’s still no where near a decent coverage.. we are exhausted & over it!
I’ve always used endure, don’t waste your money on easycoat - I expected this from a cheaper product but not taubmans!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Longevity

If it were coloured thinners, it would have been great.

I purchased this easycoat in Viking Grey.
After 3 coats of this coloured thinners it was still patchy, but the worst part about it is that it stripped the lighter colour paint under it and changed the overall colour of the paint. From Viking grey to burrito Wednesday.
Would have been brilliant if the goal was to have skid marks for architraves.

Purchased in October 2019 for $99.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood
Jack

Jack

Very bad smell especially on warm days

Same!!
Paint really smells badly on a warmer day, I have used Taubmans gloss and walls. I'm a month down the track now and dare not use the paint anywhere else.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings for $120.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood
Longevity
Alan

AlanHunter Region, NSW

terrible

Very unhappy with this paint stirred it well recoated as per instructions dried very patchy it took 4 coats to get it half good. Will never use this brand (easycoat) purchased from Bunnings. Have gone to a reliable paint retailer to try and rectify our feature wall with a better quality brand.Alan

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $33.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted

Barb K.

Barb K.Mid North Coast, NSW

Was a Taubmans fan until now

On wall small only I have already used a litre a paint, it is streaky. 3 coats plus primer and it still needs more. I will have to buy a better brand to fix this up. Very unhappy. I have painted my entire house top to bottom and then some- never had this issue before.

Purchased in June 2019.

Greg C

Greg CHobart

Watery, waste of time and money

Ceiling paint 'Paints Pink, Dries White'. Wrong. Stirred thoroughly, tipped into the paint tray and thought, ' That's not really all that pink' but thought it would be better once on the ceiling. Couldn't tell what was painted from the undercoat.

Easy to apply. Wrong. So thin that I wouldn't be surprised if I had to apply three coats.

Should have read reviews before buying but thought it would be ok as Taubmans have been around for a long time. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings for $49.50.

richo

richoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

bad odour weeks after painting

Hi, yes i am experiencing the same issue. Have been noticing a bad smelling odour coming from the ensuite after recently painting the ceiling, the smell only appears on hot days, I couldn't pin point where the smell was coming from until today after some research on the web & getting up on a ladder I can smell the same odor from the cornices and ceiling. (the old paint was fine) A lot of people are complaining have u got the problem sorted? people think is the microban in the paint or could be a bad batch.
So far its been 4 week and the smell hasn't gone. i will call the paint manufacture or the store..
if any one has a solution please share.

Purchased in January 2019.

Bryce d

Bryce dShellharbour

Smells rather bad

Painted kids bedroom with 2 blue tones. Light blue based on white original colour and this is fine. But the navy blue which is based on the chroma blue base smells like the neighbour is smoking weed. It went on fine and covered well but it has been a couple months and still smells. I have contacted taubmans and they have suggested that it is due to a reaction to something in the wall and is called "ghost odour". They have suggested I paint the back of the paint lid to see if the paint is bad. My wall is not made of metal so am going to paint some timber I have lying around and will send an update. Seems strange that one wall in my 3 year old house is different to 3 others in the same room.

Naomi

Naomi

Little bit of extra work

The paint was quick to dry but required alot more that expected. We ended up having to apply three coats for our feature wall. The finished product is good but its does appear a little patchy in some certain lights. Economy wise was the best choice even with the third coat.

Megs

MegsToowoomba

Great coverage would use again

Bought the easy coat ceiling paint and haven’t been disappointed. Once I bought the produce checked on here and was concerned I may have bought a dud product. My experience has been the complete opposite. I would definitely use again.

Tony H

Tony HGippsland, VIC

So bad I checked reviews

This paint is so bad I thought it might just be my inexperience, so I checked the reviews and"yep" it's a bummer product. Bunnings talked me into buying both the sealer undercoat and the top coat low sheen. It's not just the money that has been wasted, but also the time. I will now have to repaint the entire project.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Thin, watery, patchy.

Its thin and the coverage is poor. Doesn't even blend well with itself. Coats are clearly distinguishable. I was recommended this by a paint shop that was clearly trying to get rid of it. Don't waste your time or money on it. Needless to say I have changed paint shops too..

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

CristC

CristCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good quality paint

I have recently painted my whole house with British Paints Clean and Protect.
My son opted to go with a different colour for his bedroom and so I saw this on special at my local paint supplies store.
Application very much like British Paints and finish very similar.
I cannot understand what the issues were but it could have been a bad production patch.
I am very pleased with final finish and colour.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

seawash

seawashsydney

Poor coverage

sanded back the old oil based paint and thoroughly washed. have put 2 coats of easycoat white gloss on but its streaky and can still see the old surface. Terrible coverage and will need a third coat. Not impressed, used Dulux a few years ago in a different room with no problems.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

taubmans easycoat ceiling paint tip.

DON'T BUY.
Absolute rubbish. Thin, watery, splattered, poor coverage and dried with patchy coverage. Should have read reviews before starting. Got encouraged to buy at Bunnings. Interesting to see if a refund can be obtained.
Not wasting any more time with it, on to Dulux or British which used successfully so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Katrina L

Katrina LGold Coast

Very smelly... weeks later!!

We recently bought this to paint a ceiling with beams. After a couple of weeks it has started to omit a terrible smell! We have had the fire going around it so the room is nice and warm, maybe that’s part of the issue. But we’ve checked the undercoat and the Taubmans tin and the dates seem to be ok, it old.
Could it be contaminated maybe. It smells almost like animal dirt.
It’s getting worse each day so any advice out there to stop this smell would be great.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

As above

Been painting for many years and decided to use taubmans easy coat for first time. New house, sealer primer and light sand on prep coat. So disappointed with results, tint doesn’t hold, patchy colour, thin to the point of see through. Not cheap to buy but very cheap results. There are much better products out there for similar money.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Basically just water

Coverage is awful, so bad. Even with a large thick wall brush it would take probably five coats to cover a black spot, when others would do it in 2. It comes out watery and goes gluggy very quick. I'm so disappointed with this paint and so frustrated I've wasted so much time.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Dan Johnson

Dan JohnsonSunshine Coast, QLD

Worst paint I have used

Wanted it for the Microban, but now going to take it back because it is grey compared to the white of the original ceiling, it has dried patchy and blotchy, it has a sheen and is not flat like it's supposed to be, and it is watery with poor coverage. Extremely disappointed.

And when used in a Wagner Spray Gun, it produces horrible results, big blobs of paint on the surface no matter how much it's diluted and how much or how little pressure I use. Almost unsprayable. (Note: I have sprayed hundreds of litres of other house paint through my Wagner, so I know what I'm talking about). Keep the receipt because you may well need to return it!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lindy

LindySydney, NSW

I'm having the same really frustrating experience.

Date PurchasedApr 2017