Taubmans Easycoat

Low Sheen, Flat White, Semi Gloss

1.4

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth, WA

Worst paint I have ever used.

very poor coverage, very watery and therefore very drippy and messy. I bought a 4L tin and wish I could take it back and replace with Endure as I know that is good.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings for A$145.00.

Do not use!

Very streaky. Painted over similar colour and have just applied a 4th coat to try and cover streaks. Ceiling paint also streaky after 3 coats. Very dissapointed and way too much work needed for a small area. Do not waste your money on this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Shelley

ShelleyDarling Downs, QLD

Do Not Buy Taubmans

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

S313

S313Hunter Region, NSW

DO NOT PURCHASE

I purchased this product to paint my walk in Wardrobe - it’s awful. It’s not usable or effective.
So far I have :
- the smell is powerful and gives you a head ache. The entire house smells
- I have used 4 L in a tiny space ( used 11 litres to paint my whole house with Dulux colour )
- I have had to cut in twice because the paint is streaky you have to be really careful.
- I have put four coats on the walls so far and can still see where I have cut in and i was only painting over an off white grey white.

This is not an effective product. You will be disappointed if you choose to use this paint

Purchased in May 2020 at Mitre 10.

Alana

Alana

All that hard work for nothing

Paint was streaky and with limited coverage (after primer + 2 coats) - took forever to dry. Cheap paint but not in $$$s. Hate painting at best of times but this job has really turned me off.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

Alex K

Alex K

The worst paint I’ve ever used

So I’m on my 4th house, renovated numerous rooms in my life. Thought I’d buy slightly cheaper paint since the wall is only white. What a mistake! This is by far THE worst paint I’ve ever used. Might as well paint with water. Would have given me the same coverage!
Primed wall and I still had to do 3 coats!! I now have to buy yet another paint as even 3 coats don’t quite cover it properly. Total waste of time and money! Horrible paint!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Kali B.

Kali B.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not bother!

I was covering an off-white with un-tinted white in low sheen. It has taken 3 coats to cover the previous shade of paint which I would only expect if I was painting a darker colour! There are areas where I feel it may even need a 4th coat! I bought a 15L bucket and I’m almost halfway through it on one small bedroom. The odour is so so so strong, I’ve used many Many brands of paints but this one takes the cake for fumes and I have two small kids I’m trying to now keep away from the room because I feel like it’s toxic. Don’t waste your money buy something else.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$166.00.

Therese56

Therese56Perth, WA

Should have read the reviews first

After doing all the hard bits, skim coating, sugar soaping, masking up open the can and the colour looks
good but cutting in the paint is watery and not covering the roller was the same. Will be battling to paint
26 sqm of walls with 4L this is the worst paint we have ever, ever used and very disappointed with not only
the product but Bunnings for supplying it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$60.00.

Sando 1

Sando 1Sydney

Complete Rubbish

It is like painting glue it is that watery. The worst paint I have ever used and unsuitable for sale. Have never looked at paint reviews before, but will from now on. Could of bought a case of good beer, stared at the walls and been much happier than wasting my time and money with this crap!

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$60.00.

Unusable

Had used Taubmans Primer on VJs and was happy with this product. Went to use the Easycoat and thought there was problem the moment I opened the can. Have never stirred a paint with such low viscosity. Rolled it on to the wall and it looked like I'd just rolled on water. No coverage at all. I wish I had read these reviews first. Am going to try to get my money back.

Purchased in April 2020.

JACQUELINE R.

JACQUELINE R.Southwest, VIC

worst paint i have ever bought

Bought a tin of this to use for a feature wall
Thank god it was only for a feature wall
the pain was in yellow covering over white
Firstly it took 3 coats to cover it ! i would only expect that if i was covering over a darker colour not a lighter one
the paint is very thin sloppy and runny it dripped everywhere
thirdly it stank to high heaven and remained stinking the room out for weeks after
I have to say this has to be the worst tin of paint I have ever used I normally keep paint to do a freshen up coat down the track for this I didn't i'd rather have a slight shade change with a better paint than ever open that tin again
not worth the money or damaging your sense of smell.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Brendan

BrendanVictoria

The terrible smell doesn't go away.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

Saf

SafSouth Australia

Because of the rust couldn't use the rest!

Purchased in April 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Carol M

Carol MDarwin, NT

Rubbish paint

Just had the walls professionally re-painted last week. Told them I wanted something which was like the old ceramacoat which was the best paint ever for cleaning. We live in the tropics. Bugs get in - geckos crap on the walls and moths lay their eggs. Using spray and wipe, the yellow moth egg stains (about 1cm in diameter) remains on the wall, and I notice the paint comes off on the cloth. The gecko crap comes off, but so does the paint. Not happy, Jan! Don't waste your money.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Tigamika

TigamikaSydney, NSW

3 Coats still not enough!

Used taubmans easycoat prep + easycoat ceiling
After 3 coats of ceiling it’s still no where near a decent coverage.. we are exhausted & over it!
I’ve always used endure, don’t waste your money on easycoat - I expected this from a cheaper product but not taubmans!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Find out how Taubmans Easycoat compares to other Paints & Varnishes

If it were coloured thinners, it would have been great.

I purchased this easycoat in Viking Grey.
After 3 coats of this coloured thinners it was still patchy, but the worst part about it is that it stripped the lighter colour paint under it and changed the overall colour of the paint. From Viking grey to burrito Wednesday.
Would have been brilliant if the goal was to have skid marks for architraves.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$99.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood
Jack

Jack

Very bad smell especially on warm days

Same!!
Paint really smells badly on a warmer day, I have used Taubmans gloss and walls. I'm a month down the track now and dare not use the paint anywhere else.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings for A$120.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood
Alan

AlanHunter Region, NSW

terrible

Very unhappy with this paint stirred it well recoated as per instructions dried very patchy it took 4 coats to get it half good. Will never use this brand (easycoat) purchased from Bunnings. Have gone to a reliable paint retailer to try and rectify our feature wall with a better quality brand.Alan

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$33.00.

Barb K.

Barb K.Mid North Coast, NSW

Was a Taubmans fan until now

On wall small only I have already used a litre a paint, it is streaky. 3 coats plus primer and it still needs more. I will have to buy a better brand to fix this up. Very unhappy. I have painted my entire house top to bottom and then some- never had this issue before.

Purchased in June 2019.

Greg C

Greg CHobart

Watery, waste of time and money

Ceiling paint 'Paints Pink, Dries White'. Wrong. Stirred thoroughly, tipped into the paint tray and thought, ' That's not really all that pink' but thought it would be better once on the ceiling. Couldn't tell what was painted from the undercoat.

Easy to apply. Wrong. So thin that I wouldn't be surprised if I had to apply three coats.

Should have read reviews before buying but thought it would be ok as Taubmans have been around for a long time. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings for A$49.50.