Taubmans Easycoat

• Ease of Application
Kelly G.

Kelly G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

What a dud product

When you need 6 coats to go from beige to white, you wonder if the product is faulty. So you google it just in case and then realise that it’s not actually faulty and it’s just a terrible product. Do yourself a favour and avoid this line of paints if you want to save time (and money in the long run) and go with something better. A cheaper paint probably would have done a much better job.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for A$166.00.

Allister W

Allister WGippsland, VIC

Covered blue back to white with 3 coats, happy DIY painter.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$166.00.

unhappy customer

unhappy customerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never again so disappointed with this product.

Price attracted us to this product along with the very low VOC, Asthma and allergy friendly features. Painted a bedroom on the side of our house for the grandchildren to play in who suffer with asthma. The room was noticeably smelly which we thought would dissipate, Two months on and airing the room daily and the smell is still so strong. Actually permeates through the house at times. Don't let the children near the room
Never buy this product again. Any suggestions???

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$59.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood

Have to repaint now

Have to repaint nowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wasted Time Broken Dreams

After 2 coats of Haymes prepcoat the Finnish was amazing. Pity I Chose Easycoat for the color. 4 coats later and the under coat looked better. Do not buy Easycoat

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$65.00.

neil

neilPerth, WA

Worst coverage I've ever had.

After 40 years of owning homes I've done a lot of painting and Taubmans Easy Coat white is without doubt the worst paint I've ever used with terrible coverage. It's so bad that I thought I can't be the only one and looked up reviews. A quick bathroom change of colour above the tiles is turning into an epic headache. After 3 coats it's still streaky and looks as though the 4th won't do it either. Really Taubmans! This is 2020. Surely you must have sorted your formulas out by now? You've been making paint for decades... how can you sell this rubbish. Don't buy this junk and save yourself time and money.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$39.00.

uqcodonn

uqcodonnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Four coats and still going.

Worst coverage I have ever obtained with any brand of paint. I thought Taubmans was a reputable brand but won't get caught with their rubbish again. When you factor in the extra time needed to get the job done this paint works out to be as dear as poison. If I was after a whitewashed look where you can see everything underneath then this paint would be perfect but I actually wanted a regular finish with proper coverage. Will be returning the second can.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$62.00.

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth, WA

Worst paint I have ever used.

very poor coverage, very watery and therefore very drippy and messy. I bought a 4L tin and wish I could take it back and replace with Endure as I know that is good.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings for A$145.00.

Do not use!

Very streaky. Painted over similar colour and have just applied a 4th coat to try and cover streaks. Ceiling paint also streaky after 3 coats. Very dissapointed and way too much work needed for a small area. Do not waste your money on this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Shelley

ShelleyDarling Downs, QLD

Do Not Buy Taubmans

Purchased in November 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

S313

S313Hunter Region, NSW

DO NOT PURCHASE

I purchased this product to paint my walk in Wardrobe - it’s awful. It’s not usable or effective.
So far I have :
- the smell is powerful and gives you a head ache. The entire house smells
- I have used 4 L in a tiny space ( used 11 litres to paint my whole house with Dulux colour )
- I have had to cut in twice because the paint is streaky you have to be really careful.
- I have put four coats on the walls so far and can still see where I have cut in and i was only painting over an off white grey white.

This is not an effective product. You will be disappointed if you choose to use this paint

Purchased in May 2020 at Mitre 10.

Alana

Alana

All that hard work for nothing

Paint was streaky and with limited coverage (after primer + 2 coats) - took forever to dry. Cheap paint but not in $$$s. Hate painting at best of times but this job has really turned me off.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

Alex K

Alex K

The worst paint I’ve ever used

So I’m on my 4th house, renovated numerous rooms in my life. Thought I’d buy slightly cheaper paint since the wall is only white. What a mistake! This is by far THE worst paint I’ve ever used. Might as well paint with water. Would have given me the same coverage!
Primed wall and I still had to do 3 coats!! I now have to buy yet another paint as even 3 coats don’t quite cover it properly. Total waste of time and money! Horrible paint!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Kali B.

Kali B.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not bother!

I was covering an off-white with un-tinted white in low sheen. It has taken 3 coats to cover the previous shade of paint which I would only expect if I was painting a darker colour! There are areas where I feel it may even need a 4th coat! I bought a 15L bucket and I’m almost halfway through it on one small bedroom. The odour is so so so strong, I’ve used many Many brands of paints but this one takes the cake for fumes and I have two small kids I’m trying to now keep away from the room because I feel like it’s toxic. Don’t waste your money buy something else.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$166.00.

Therese56

Therese56Perth, WA

Should have read the reviews first

After doing all the hard bits, skim coating, sugar soaping, masking up open the can and the colour looks
good but cutting in the paint is watery and not covering the roller was the same. Will be battling to paint
26 sqm of walls with 4L this is the worst paint we have ever, ever used and very disappointed with not only
the product but Bunnings for supplying it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$60.00.

Sando 1

Sando 1Sydney

Complete Rubbish

It is like painting glue it is that watery. The worst paint I have ever used and unsuitable for sale. Have never looked at paint reviews before, but will from now on. Could of bought a case of good beer, stared at the walls and been much happier than wasting my time and money with this crap!

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$60.00.

Unusable

Had used Taubmans Primer on VJs and was happy with this product. Went to use the Easycoat and thought there was problem the moment I opened the can. Have never stirred a paint with such low viscosity. Rolled it on to the wall and it looked like I'd just rolled on water. No coverage at all. I wish I had read these reviews first. Am going to try to get my money back.

Purchased in April 2020.

JACQUELINE R.

JACQUELINE R.Southwest, VIC

worst paint i have ever bought

Bought a tin of this to use for a feature wall
Thank god it was only for a feature wall
the pain was in yellow covering over white
Firstly it took 3 coats to cover it ! i would only expect that if i was covering over a darker colour not a lighter one
the paint is very thin sloppy and runny it dripped everywhere
thirdly it stank to high heaven and remained stinking the room out for weeks after
I have to say this has to be the worst tin of paint I have ever used I normally keep paint to do a freshen up coat down the track for this I didn't i'd rather have a slight shade change with a better paint than ever open that tin again
not worth the money or damaging your sense of smell.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Brendan

BrendanVictoria

The terrible smell doesn't go away.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

Saf

SafSouth Australia

Because of the rust couldn't use the rest!

Purchased in April 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Carol M

Carol MDarwin, NT

Rubbish paint

Just had the walls professionally re-painted last week. Told them I wanted something which was like the old ceramacoat which was the best paint ever for cleaning. We live in the tropics. Bugs get in - geckos crap on the walls and moths lay their eggs. Using spray and wipe, the yellow moth egg stains (about 1cm in diameter) remains on the wall, and I notice the paint comes off on the cloth. The gecko crap comes off, but so does the paint. Not happy, Jan! Don't waste your money.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.