Taubmans Sun Proof

• Longevity
  • Ease of Application

Capt JackWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Solid exterior Paint

Haven't used anything else on exterior for best part of 10 years. Used on timber masonary and steel and still don't look like having to repaint any time soon. Sticks like sheet to the proverbial blanket. Can't under stand these bad reviews. Any paint will blister on timber if it hasn't been allowed to dry out for 2-3 days especially after water blasting. Went through all that 10+ years ago until I worked out why it was happening. Heading off now to get some to repaint the shed after 13 years and I think that was because the painter used a single coat spray on it.

Purchased in January 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for A$56.00.

Painted SurfaceConcrete, Metal and Wood
Ease of Application
Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans

JodhMid North Coast, NSW

Worst paint I have ever used

Worst paint I have ever used will never buy from this company again I have bubbles in it it’s thin as and just all round crap paint not happy at all

Purchased in August 2020 for A$50.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Coverage
Finish Quality
Longevity
Ease of Application

Blocking problem

Will not buy this paint ever again. Terrible blocking problem. l have prepared surface correctly tried everything but still have same problem thinking about putting bond Crete in paint to see if that helps if that does not work will throw paint away. Have tried painting to light coats but still have blocking problem.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Taubmans Sun Proof compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Niko T

Niko TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent product, don't be put off by the fact the price is lower than other "premium" brands

Date PurchasedDec 2017
SarikaP

SarikaPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another great product

Easy to apply, great coverage. I used it with the 3in1 primer,undercoat product by Taubmans as I painted over timber veneer table. I found it great as I only used one coat of 3in1 for preperation. I then painted with two coats of Sun proof. It was very quick drying, so ended up painting less than an hour later for the second coat. It didnt cause me any issues doing the second coat so soon afterwards. I find that it has created an amazing barrier stopping the bubbling damage that I used to get on my table outdoors. So the seal works amazingly well in protecting from water damage to cheap woods. I keep mine under a patio but still water does get on it regularly from rain and washing down the patio.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Clay

ClayMolendinar

Good value paint

Have painted my front rendered fence and I am very happy with the results. It is easy to apply and gives great coverage. Better finish than some more expensive products, two coats applied and has filled in some small cracks that were in the wall. I intend to use it now on my house exterior walls now that I've seen the positive results.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Billybob

BillybobQueensland

Great coverage. Self priming. What more do you need?

Used this paint a few years ago and again, just recently. It's still as good as I thought. Easy on. Great coverage. Just about to buy some more to paint the balcony. I noticed one of the earlier reviewers had a problem with the tint. Didn't have any dramas at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Amazing coverage

Extremely happy with the exterior of our house, The coverage of this product was amazing,,,, as we were not very experienced painters we found it very easy to use. we loved the price, and the fact that it had a built in primer.
Bunnings certainly put us on to a winner.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sammy1794

Sammy1794Rockhampton

Awesome Paint for the price!

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Taubmans Sun Proof compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Pleasantly surprised.

Bought 10ltrs of Taubmans Sunproof low sheen acrylic for $99 from Bunnings.
Found this paint to be as good as Dulux Weathershield at half the cost for my back treated pine fence.
Will be interested to see how it holds up in the sun & rain in time but it should perform well for such a low cost.
Flowed nice, covered well,
I would recommend this paint to others yes.

cathy w

cathy wqueensland

this paint wont mix

Kelly A.

Kelly A.asked

Can I use taubmans sunproof exterior paint on my out door deck

Capt Jack

Not sure that I would use it on the flooring as it would get too hot. I recently used it on the deck steps (2 high and 1.5m wide) using one coat then did a second coat by tipping some in a small container (abt 100 mls) and putting a couple of teaspoons of sand (from the beach but washed thoroughly). Came up a treat and not hot as I may have suspected. However, elsewhere on the deck - posts and rails etc it would be fine. Best flooring stuff I have ever come across is Intergrain Ultradeck. I see other people use other brands and they are redoing it every 2-3 years while I've only had to do it abt every 5 years..

Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans

Hi Kelly,

Sun Proof Low Sheen has been used successfully on prepared timber decks on many occasions but due to the various types of timbers, the way they are prepared and the amount of wear and tear, we cannot guarantee personal suitability.

Happy painting,
Taubmans Team

Steve B.

Steve B.asked

Hi do I need a primer before using this product outside on outside cement weatherboard

Don’t use this paint

Get dulux

Allister W
Allister W

This paint is self priming, so no you do not need to use an additional primer. I have used externally without priming on fresh timber and gutters no issues.

Terrence M.

Terrence M.asked

Do you need to thin taubmans sunproor to sprey paint

Get an answer from our members and Taubmans representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes