Taubmans Water Based Enamel Gloss

Water Based Enamel Gloss

How to do recoating

Pam Carr
Pam Carr

What are you re coating? If you are painting over oil based paint then you will need to undercoat with something like taubmans 123. If painting over water base paint then give it a light sand

Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans

Hi Karunathilaka,

Thank your for choosing Taubmans Water Based Enamel for your painting project.

Can you tell us a little bit more about what you're recoating?

All the best,
Taubmans Team

Jan

Janasked

Water Based Enamel Gloss

When painting interior doors with gloss paint can you thin paint with water and how do you get a good finish?

Shrek
Shrek

When I had so much trouble with applying the paint evenly, a guy at Taubmans said that I could use a small amount of water to thin it, though I can't remember the amount.
I ended up using a foam roller on the doors and a brush on the frames. I had to work quickly to roll the paint so that it didn't create overlay patches. It took several rolls over each area to work it into an even spread and then a very light roll over top to smooth it off. I preferred to have an even ripple effect from the roller than streaks from the brush.

Ace Mc cool
Ace Mc cool

Hi Jan,
I found the paint a good consistency for painting my trim and seemed to have lots of time to work the paint. I think I would use that Flowtrol paint thinner for acrylic paint if I was thinning it. This product should give you extra working time. Doors are so hard to do. I only used the paint for trim so did not have to work on a large area.. Best of luck with your painting.

See all Taubmans Water Based Enamel questions

Get an answer from our members and Taubmans representatives