Taubmans Water Based Enamel Semi-Gloss

• Longevity
  • Ease of Application
Allister W

Allister WGippsland, VIC

Runny!! Finish a pain but good result eventually

Purchased in October 2020 for A$85.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Longevity
Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans
Micheal

MichealGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Found it impossible to get a good looking finish on the doors and trims I was painting. Trims are cover in brush marks no matter what I tried to do. The doors I rolled, tried different rollers, sanded between coats, multiple coats but just could not get a smooth streak free finish.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Online Store for A$59.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans
Zukothedog

ZukothedogMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful, absolutely awful!

Went to Bunnings for an oil based trim paint and was recommended this instead. As a novice painter, I assumed the streaks and runs were due to my inexperience but the coverage was almost zero. Left the first coat for a full day to cure to no avail. It's more like a tinted gloss. Almost completely see through. I'm so annoyed that I paid $50 for 1ltre of this rubbish when Aldi sell (less crappy) gloss paint for $12 a litre!

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Longevity
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Taubmans Water Based Enamel Semi-Gloss compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Tony T

Tony TRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Terrible to use

I sanded door trims to fine finish, finish from prior tradesperson was average. Spent hours sanding filling then two coats 3 in 1 primer surfacer. Sanded lightly then put first coat of colour, white, and within seconds of applying would skin so could not spread coat out to even finish leaving heavy brush marks. I am not impressed at all. Unluckily paid by credit card and itemized Bunnings receipt thrown out. Also bought colour for door, now sorry I bought Taubmans Ultimate Enamel.

zoe

zoeGeelong

Strong paint odour

I have been airing out the room for 3 days, but it still has a very strong paint smell. Only painted the trim around one door and one window. And the room reeks. It smells like turps paint. There is no way that this product is low VOC. False advertising, this paint is not low odour.

JHL

JHLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Alkyd Ultimate

Not happy with this product, and found it very difficult to apply with any satisfactory result.

I bought 10 litres of this Ultimate for painting windows and skirting boards etc. the first tin of paint had coagulated into something like cottage cheese. Bunnings replaced it. The second tin, when I started painting, it rapidly became clear to me that this product just ruined any previous prep work. I found it's impossible to over-paint after about two minutes, and found brush marks are virtually impossible to remove. Thankfully Bunnings refunded, and I bought 10 l of an oil based semi-gloss, Now happy!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Nozmo King

Nozmo King

Sorry Taubmans Water Based Enamel, you fail

Thus would have to be the most frustrating, infuriating paint that I have ever used. It goes on like thin grease, with roller marks impossible to blend in. This paint does not "flash over" like any half decent paint would, and this is a paint that I wouldn't paint our dog house in. One star and that is more than it deserves.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

mattfruitbatSydney, NSW

Taubmans Ultimate Enamel (water based alkyd enamel)

Date PurchasedJul 2016

several coats poor results

Very disappoint spent lots of time applying, will have to go and purchase a better quality paint tomorrow and start again.
Was recommend in paints department of bunnings,and to make it worse I have lost receipt so total loss of time and money.
I was not happy after six coats the worst paint I have ever used.

Paints & Varnishes

Alld_one

Alld_oneSydney, NSW

Nice finish but peels off even after undercoat and sanding

billb
billb

Sounds like the problem is water based enamel applied over oil based enamel.

See all Taubmans Water Based Enamel reviews

Gull

Gullasked

Water Based Enamel Semi-Gloss

Hi everyone does anybody suggest good water based semi gloss paint other than dulux aquanamel semi gloss
have used this and results are not good it dries very quickly and results are not good. any paint that easy to apply any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi Gull,
Yep Ive used Taubmans Ultimate enamel which is water based but slower drying so you have time to get a really good finish.
It dries quicker than oil based enamel and easy to clean up. My experience this time of year is to let it cure for a week before it gets any abuse. It takes a litle bit to harden up. I've got more info on my blog page. Ive been trying to find new paints for my business as some have gone off the market unfortunately.

Get an answer from our members and Taubmans representatives

Compare all 2 Taubmans Water Based Enamel