Taubmans Water Based Enamel

Taubmans Water Based Enamel (page 3 of 3)

Gloss, Semi-Gloss

• Ease of Application

cliff97

cliff97AU

Time Waster

I contracted to paint an item of furniture with the paint supplied by client . I found the paint to require many many coats and lacked any depth of colour after upwards of 6 coats . White is grey to the eye.By far the worst paint i have ever used. Never again. No Way.
Dries quick
A horrible paint

piscean

piscean

a good trim paint

I've used a few water based trim paints and this one is by far my favourite. It's just a little bit more workable than some of the others,I have noticed this paint tends to separate quickly too as mentioned below, in fact when I opened my new tin it was all water on top with a thick glob at the bottom. But just like any other paint that has separated you just need to mix it thoroughly with a paint stirrer. Painting trims with water based paint means you need to work fast because all of these paints start drying quickly.
more workable than other brands I've used

BumbleBee

BumbleBeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks great so far, but not mixing very well?

Steve2828

See all Taubmans Water Based Enamel reviews

Karunathilaka G.

Karunathilaka G.asked

Water Based Enamel

Do we need any sanding in between Coatings?

Allister W
Allister W

You don’t need to but considering how runny it is you may get drips that need sanding.

Pam Carr

Just lightly is always good between coats. I don't think it's runny

Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans

Hi Karunathilaka,

If the can directions have been followed, sanding between coats is typically only required to smooth out any visual irregularities.

Happy painting,
Taubmans Team

Karunathilaka G.

Karunathilaka G.asked

Water Based Enamel Gloss

How to do recoating

Pam Carr

What are you re coating? If you are painting over oil based paint then you will need to undercoat with something like taubmans 123. If painting over water base paint then give it a light sand

Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans

Hi Karunathilaka,

Thank your for choosing Taubmans Water Based Enamel for your painting project.

Can you tell us a little bit more about what you're recoating?

All the best,
Taubmans Team

Wendy T.

Wendy T.asked

Water Based Enamel

I am painting a wooden bed with Taubmans water based enamel. The bed is wood stained and I think is sealed with a low gloss varnish (factory finished). I have sanded it and under coated with Taubmans 3 in 1 sealer. I’m having trouble with brush strokes, mainly on the slats and especially at the edges of the slats where they are rounded. After doing the first coat of the water based enamel I have had to sand the brush strokes off and am now back to bare wood in places. My questions are: 1. Should I re-apply the undercoat where I have bare wood? 2. Should I use a roller where possible and if not, what is the best brush to use? Wendy

Get an answer from our members and Taubmans representatives

Compare all 2 Taubmans Water Based Enamel