TAXIBOX
See the Best Storage Providers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Taxibox

Bad service/ rip off company

This company is a joke!
They charged me $75 for cleaning fees because the removalists I used left 2 blankets inside the box. (see pictures)
After spending 8k with them for nearly 3 years that’s their ways of saying thank you to their customers!

• Mobile Self-Storage
Office LocationSydney East (Erskineville)

Worst experience ever

I have used many Removalist companies recently. Taxibox was by far the worst experience. My items were basically “thrown”
Into the Taxibox’s with zero care. A stone table was completely cracked including matching chairs. Upholstery on lounges and chairs were ripped due to poor packing. Outdoor furniture was broken. Boxes were smashed. Boxes of fine China were broken. The entire experience resulted in 80 per cent of my furniture was damaged. When I emailed to notify them they refused to help and kept using excuses.

Rates and Fees

CatPerth

Won’t go the extra mile -literally

Nice call centre staff but management POOR! Spent time filling info, got quote approved. When they called the following day the management refused to come to our area, despite us falling in the postcode and metro. Said we were outside the border (600m) and would not service area. We also offered additional payment, but they obviously don’t need the business. Wasted 2 days of my time.

Cat

500m from boundary, I’d say that isn’t exactly customer focus.

Bill
BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice people over the phone but eveything elses is terrible!

I was never made aware that the insurance doesnt cover you til the taxiboxes are in their commercial storage. home contents insurance doesnt cover this either. the removalists had no communication or listening skills whatsoever. just labor and nothing else. just found out the $40 month for insurance is the base for $20k of items. i found this out 5 days after removals as i was sent the insurance agreement form 5 days late. i guess i wasnt covered til now. also the $40 is upto $70 a month because i increased to $35k from $25k. shouldve paid extra for a proper storage facility and professional movers. really hate this! Customer service tried to be helpful but their hands were tied....but still no one in sales mentioned the fine print....wow!

Find out how TAXIBOX compares to other Storage Providers

Unable to provide service on a booked date

Beth
BethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Basic but don’t expect delivery outside CBD

I had a storage box while selling my house. I moved 1 hour away from the storage facility to Geelong. I was told they couldn’t possibly deliver to Geelong even though I offered to pay extra per KM. I also couldn’t access the box during lockdown to empty it so was paying $120 a month for over 6 months to store a few boxes. It was really hard to find a moving company willing to do it for me and that resulted in me only receiving one quote for over 1500 dollars to pick up the items and deliver.
I’m so angry about this because I was not told that delivery to Geelong was out of scope when initially booking.
Anyway now it’s finally empty and I’ll never use them again.

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pretty disappointed

Poor customer service and damaged items in their thin wall boxes. No anchor points. I had a horrible experience not recommended. Heaps of other companies doing the same thing cheaper and better.

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Took extra money from credit card

Delivery guy was awsome but after a big move went to get some dinner only to find my card was in debit because someone decided to take a payment that they shouldn't have was not happy at all

Very disappointed.

Viv
Viv

Thank you for your response. As I said on the review, we did not do our homework and should of. I saw that it mentioned interstate and that was all. Hopefully my review will make others read their storage agreements thoroughly.

Find out how TAXIBOX compares to other Storage Providers

Careful with the financial side of things!

Sam
SamQueensland

Box and delivery are great, transparency of fine details was poor

Actual box, delivery and delivery drivers were excellent. Transparency of the finer details such as billing, costs, IMPORTANT details severely lacked and could be described as somewhat deceiving. Likely wouldn’t use Taxi Box again in the future.

Terrible

Some of my items were broken... Poor customer service. No one rectified any of my complaints and I had issues with a rude employee. Failure to redeliver my belongings. Never will be using taxibox again and I do not recommend. Shame after spending over a years worth of fees on storage.

James H
James HSydney, NSW

Tried to charge an extra fee for using less

Awful experience

They added to the stress of moving the price was different on the web from the actual a hidden cost you don't find out about until you pay. I won't be back.

• Moving Interstate
Office LocationBrisbane (Hendra)
Dave P
Dave PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible experience

Interiors-are-me
Interiors-are-measked

Hi Taxi box with the storage facility - I am looking to store valuable lounge and bed/mattress and other household items for 3 months, what about the humidity and temperature and ensuring the items stay mildew and mould free - what do you suggest ?

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Hi there, great question! To reassure you, one of the most popular uses for TAXIBOX is the situation you’re describing, with (literal) stacks of other customers storing mattresses and personal effects short or long term. Our boxes are made from a breathable engineered timber and stored in a well ventilated facility chillin with all of their TAXIBOX friends. For extra piece of mind we recommend a mattress protector (available in our box shop on the website) and making sure no liquids are stored inside. Hope this helps, Kind Regards, TAXIBOX Team.

Ed d
Ed dasked

Do you move between melb and Perth outer suburbs

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Hi Ed! Currently we only service Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane city and metropolitan area. Watch this space though!
Kind Regards, TAXIBOX TEAM

Reneeasked

We are moving interstate . Melbourne to Cairns . Can taxibox deliver from Melboune - Cairns?

i need :
we deliver - you pack - we move

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Hi Renee, sadly we don't operate in sunny Cairns! At this stage our services are in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Kind Regards, TAXIBOX Team

Get an answer from our members and Taxibox representatives