TAXIBOX
See the Best Storage Providers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Taxibox

Very bad with response times after filling out the form that's required to get our stuff out. Both times taxobox ending up costing us more money. Dunno if would recommend however when at pick up the guy at the side was very helpful and it was easy to access and get it all done quickly - the stars is for the Champ at site

Kerri W.
Kerri W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Top Notch Moving

One bedroom apartment move across town from Brunswick West to Albert Park via TaxiBox storage land for 2mths. Great timings, efficient & quick, helpful staff. On time, good communication, pleasant vibes.

Job Satisfaction

Good service, room for improvements

Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service. Some improvements could be made however.

A convenient storage option, combined with the removalists. Smooth and safe. A little pricey with the removalists! They weren’t available on the weekend therefore sadly paid for an extra week.

Kesha C
Kesha CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Convenient and efficient service, pricier than some others

I've ordered two Taxibox boxes because no other mobile storage company's box would fit into my Melbourne inner city backyard. The drivers arrived on time and were very skilled. I have a small backyard with access from a narrow lane. The drivers had no problems getting the boxes in and out.
Tip: Books and LPs are the heaviest items. Make sure you spread them evenly in the box. There is a weight limit, 1 tonne from memory, so mix heavy with some lightweight items. My first box was packed too efficiently, it couldn't be lifted onto the truck. I had to unload some boxes. Overall, I'm happy with the experience.

Worst experience ever

I have used many Removalist companies recently. Taxibox was by far the worst experience. My items were basically “thrown”
Into the Taxibox’s with zero care. A stone table was completely cracked including matching chairs. Upholstery on lounges and chairs were ripped due to poor packing. Outdoor furniture was broken. Boxes were smashed. Boxes of fine China were broken. The entire experience resulted in 80 per cent of my furniture was damaged. When I emailed to notify them they refused to help and kept using excuses.

Phillip H.
Phillip H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect for renovations

We stored all our excess furniture while we undertook renovations. With 5 taxi boxes we would never have had the time or capacity to take our belongings to a storage unit. Fortunately we had a wide driveway so we could easily accommodate 3 taxibox when we had to unload.

CatPerth

Won’t go the extra mile -literally

Nice call centre staff but management POOR! Spent time filling info, got quote approved. When they called the following day the management refused to come to our area, despite us falling in the postcode and metro. Said we were outside the border (600m) and would not service area. We also offered additional payment, but they obviously don’t need the business. Wasted 2 days of my time.

Cat

500m from boundary, I’d say that isn’t exactly customer focus.

Bill
BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice people over the phone but eveything elses is terrible!

I was never made aware that the insurance doesnt cover you til the taxiboxes are in their commercial storage. home contents insurance doesnt cover this either. the removalists had no communication or listening skills whatsoever. just labor and nothing else. just found out the $40 month for insurance is the base for $20k of items. i found this out 5 days after removals as i was sent the insurance agreement form 5 days late. i guess i wasnt covered til now. also the $40 is upto $70 a month because i increased to $35k from $25k. shouldve paid extra for a proper storage facility and professional movers. really hate this! Customer service tried to be helpful but their hands were tied....but still no one in sales mentioned the fine print....wow!

Emma
Emma

Fantastic service

Delivery guys were really great and helpful. The tracking service let us know when they were due to arrive.
The only downside was some nails from inside the taxi box damaged some furniture.
I would use Taxibox again but would line the inside with cardboard to prevent the nails protruding, we did hammer them in but they must have moved when being moved.

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Unable to provide service on a booked date

William Walsh
William WalshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reasonable pricing and easy payment

I had 2 storage boxes with TaxiBox for an 8 month period - easy to retrieve and safely stored no damage and very prompt redelivery and placement on site at return address

Beth
BethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Basic but don’t expect delivery outside CBD

I had a storage box while selling my house. I moved 1 hour away from the storage facility to Geelong. I was told they couldn’t possibly deliver to Geelong even though I offered to pay extra per KM. I also couldn’t access the box during lockdown to empty it so was paying $120 a month for over 6 months to store a few boxes. It was really hard to find a moving company willing to do it for me and that resulted in me only receiving one quote for over 1500 dollars to pick up the items and deliver.
I’m so angry about this because I was not told that delivery to Geelong was out of scope when initially booking.
Anyway now it’s finally empty and I’ll never use them again.

Dronq
DronqSydney, NSW

Easy and straightforward company. Gets the job done right

No issues with storing items. Only issue is they need to improve with billing system where you can choose on how long you want the storage for instead of having to manually pay every month. Will consider them again in future and Would highly recommend.

Joanne Lincolne
Joanne LincolneSydney, NSW

WONDERFUL!! Excellent service and concept. Only issue is ramp on box

Really fantastic service from ALL their personnel. Would definitely recommend them and use them again. They have an excellent, clear, informative and useful website. Only issue would be in the design of the ramp on the box - there is a bit of a drop from the box to the ramp and the ramp needs to be wider for the trolley. Other than that, convenient and great service!

dave charles
dave charlesasked

good reviews,do you ship containers overseas to aukland nz?

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Hi Dave! We don't currently ship overseas but we have some friends that may be able to help! Hit us up on 1300 87 60 87 if you're still looking for a referral. Kind Regards, TAXIBOX Team

Interiors-are-me
Interiors-are-measked

Hi Taxi box with the storage facility - I am looking to store valuable lounge and bed/mattress and other household items for 3 months, what about the humidity and temperature and ensuring the items stay mildew and mould free - what do you suggest ?

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Hi there, great question! To reassure you, one of the most popular uses for TAXIBOX is the situation you’re describing, with (literal) stacks of other customers storing mattresses and personal effects short or long term. Our boxes are made from a breathable engineered timber and stored in a well ventilated facility chillin with all of their TAXIBOX friends. For extra piece of mind we recommend a mattress protector (available in our box shop on the website) and making sure no liquids are stored inside. Hope this helps, Kind Regards, TAXIBOX Team.

Ed d
Ed dasked

Do you move between melb and Perth outer suburbs

TAXIBOX T.Taxibox

Hi Ed! Currently we only service Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane city and metropolitan area. Watch this space though!
Kind Regards, TAXIBOX TEAM

Get an answer from our members and Taxibox representatives