Worst money ever spent

Won't stay connected to internet when turned off over night. Will NOT scan for wifi correctly or accept manual connection 50% of the time. ONLY wall plug off on works

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality
I would give this a minus 1 but that is not an option!

Great TV with Netflix and Youtube.

I purchased this TV to use with a logitech subwoofer connected via Headphone cable for my bedroom. The previous TV I had the youtube app didn't go through to the subwoofer all that well but on all other apps and tv channels it worked fine. So I thought I would give this one a go. Taking a look at the TV remote, I was a little taken a back not to see a sleep button. While it doesn't say it in the manual, you can access the sleep timer via the tv through Options > Settings > System > Timer off area. The wifi connection and setting up of TV Channels was extremely easy. Playing from USB was also easy. Can only do wireless mirroring via android phone. I'm extremely impressed with this TV especially the sound. The picture is great. But I had difficulties getting signal from my parents house 30 km away in different outlets. The apps I will only use are Netflix and Youtube. It is the best named TV for the price and features you get. I will definitely be using Freeview. Most importantly it has a back button for channel hopping. I don't find the standyby light too bright for my room.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $295.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Rubbish

Only owned the TV for 15mths before it broke. Trying to get help from TCL waa like pulling teeth, it took over 3mths of back and forwards before anything was done. Their customer service is appalling and the staff are extremely rude. Will not be buying from TCL ever again

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The good guys

Once again a product from The Good Guys that is absolute rubbish. Bought this tv 6 month ago, have had to a factory reset a few times because it was losing its settings.
The t-cast doesn't work or connect to the phone app. YouTube doesn't connect properly and now when you try to directly stream e.g Stan, you have to do it manually thru Google home to connect.
To top that all off a thin green line has appeared a quarter of the way down from the top.
Have contacted the store, they said someone needs to come and assess it.
The good guys darwin once again = rubbish.

Problems with internet TV

Basic free to air TV reception excellent, but internet TV very disappointing. Freeview (green button) works OK on SBS on demand and ABC Iview but has never worked on 7 plus or 9 now. Selected shows simply do not load Same thing with individual channels selection with red button. Have contacted TCL who suggested a reset, which made no difference. Have given up. I think there is some sort of system incompatibility at work here. Al

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Average product

The tv is smart but a large amount of the apps are Indian or asian apps that I will not use

The screen is resolution is very average its only 720p but if your sitting from afar its not to bad

The audio is pretty crappy I would definitely buy a soundbar

The tv can be pretty slow to open apps and load videos also has problems connecting to wifi at times

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Fantastic TV at a budget price

This TV does everything we want, and costs a fraction of the price of a Sony or Samsung. We have found it easy to use, clear picture, minimal after-image, and after upgrading from a more basic TCL model, we couldn't be happier. Good access to HDMI and USB ports, and instructions are easy to follow. Very happy!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

GREAT PRICED TV

We purchased the 2018 model 6500 series in the 40 inch. We have been very happy with the quality. Got it at a great price. Picture is clear. The tuner works well. All stations including radio stations for free to air. Can connect to the internet via WI FI or Ethernet. Has Netflix pre installed and teletext. Am really satisfied with my purchase and the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great

Easy to set up. The apps are a little confusing but after a while get the hang of it. Netflix pre- programmed which is great. Really good picture and nice and clear. The price was really good. No problem linking to wireless. So great buy for a budget and 3 year warranty

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Review of new smart tv

Unit is a smart tv very good to replace my old one
And it has 2 HDMI ports as well and bluetooth hasn’t been set up but I will use it I connect tv using Lan cable ➰ it’s great got it from the Good Guys traralgon today payed 295$ Half price of competition tv brand and now it’s faulty at times I don’t recommend this brand !

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Good tv

This tv isnt bad ( should have a higher star rating ). Ive owned it for nearly 1 year and i love it. Picture is clear. Sound is well balanced. No faults as yet. For the price i would recommend this. There is honestly nothing i can fault. Super easy remote. Pixels are great. no complaints

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Backup service

My new TCL TV had an unfortunate problem in that it had a thin dark horizontal line across the screen. I put up with the problem for some six months fearing the problems of lodging a warranty claim. My fears were totally unfounded.
Upon calling TCL's customers service, I received great attitude and timely assistance in a very positive resolution to my issue. My thanks go to Jenny and Tan who were instrumental in giving me satisfaction in purchasing a TCL TV. A most happy customer.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good TV

Given that this is a smart TV , one would expect to be able to access Bigpond without connecting a box, but not this TV. However you can access Netflix directly from the remote.
Apart from that the television shows a really great picture and comes with a standard three years warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great Upgrade For My Mum

I bought this for my mum who has been using and ancient LG until now - she absolutely loves it. The screen is spectacular band that's all good but the main thing for her was the remote had to be easy to use and not too complicated. Well its easy to use now - I put little stickers on the buttons for her to use. She doesn't use or understand the apps so I cant comment there but as a traditional TV this is great!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good value for the price

Purchased this tv 3 weeks ago. Great value for money. Although the apps are really no good. If you want apps don’t buy it. I use Netflix, SBS on Demand and ABC IView and these all work great. So perfect for me. I love that TCL give a standard 3 year warranty which to me means they believe in their product.

WARNING **DO NOT BUY TCL**

We are currently on our 3rd replacement LCD TV from TCL firstly we had a large black dot and a green stripe which just arrived...2nd TV had a big white cloud in the middle of the screen and low and behold 3rd TV has now just cut the screen in half white!! TCL want to keep sending out replacements and we don't want to go through this again having no TV in between waiting for another to arrive..I believe that this will go on until the warranty is up :( they are also not going to refund for all our troubles ...

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Annoying

Our unit is 12 months old and originally operated well. Two months ago Freeview started to mess up and continues to do so.
I View and SBSon-demand work really well but all commercial stations do not operate on Freeview at all now.
A TV Technician has just Investigated and after a complete reset has concluded that the software is at fault.
TCL "HELPLINE" not very helpful.
Out of warranty so 'cest- la- vie"

Great TV For The Price

Just purchased the TCL 32" Smart TV very easy to get up and going, bought this to replace an old Samsung I had in my my bedroom, I have had it now for a couple of days and am extremely happy with both picture and sound.

There is a dedicated NETFLIX button but the TV does not support STAN, this is not a problem as my Blue Ray has the STAN app installed , the TV also has the Freeview feature which I find a bit confusing, as this is the first time I have used it , I am sure it will become easier to use with time.

First TCL TV I have purchased a lot of great features on a budget price TV with a 3 year warranty

Good For The Price

OK is no Sony or Samsung but neither is the price! Its a darn good smart TV for the money and we are happy with it. The panel has lovely colours and contrast with decent black separation. Audio is a bit thin and the remote is OK. Apps seem to work well but I have only had time to have a basic play with them. I watched the footy on it and was completely happy (except for the audio)

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Save your money

Purchased this TV 3 months ago. All good for first month or so but now TV won’t switch on unless we cycle the mains power on/off a few times. FreeView stopped working 2 months ago (FreeView works on another device). Dealer (Harvey Norman) says not their problem) TCL Australia won’t answer emails or answer phone. I have also placed a service request on TCL website all ignored. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
TCL came good with a fix for this TV it needed a software update. The update was not on their website it was emailed to me. Now all good and working as it should