TCL 55S6000S (55")

• Sound Quality
Bridgette

BridgetteSydney, NSW

Excellent value for money

I use the TV exclusively with my Foxtel now box or google chrome cast. I haven’t used it through it’s internal system..

But the picture and sound are completely fantastic value for money.

No it’s not the best on the market but I can’t complain about the quality vs the cost - it’s excellent.

Good energy rating too.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for A$550.00.

fab40nola

fab40nolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value for money TV.

Although the menus and guides are slow to load, the tv itself works perfectly fine for the price. It is easy to install, the colour, sound and remote all work with minimum fuss. As an entry level TV, it isn’t a mistake to buy one.
We lost the remote, and we couldn’t change the channel or volume until I got a new one. Replacement remote was only $20 on eBay.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$580.00.

Susanne

SusanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

TERRIBLE AND AWFUL

Tv sound is not functioning properly. Remote doesn't work. Picture on tv is terrible, some days blurry some days dark. Unable to correct on settings. And its only 15months old.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

HD TVs

Find out how TCL 55S6000S (55") compares to other HD TVs

Bronwyn H

Bronwyn HCanberra

Rubbish

Only owned the TV for 15mths before it broke. Trying to get help from TCL waa like pulling teeth, it took over 3mths of back and forwards before anything was done. Their customer service is appalling and the staff are extremely rude. Will not be buying from TCL ever again

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Angnat

AngnatBeechford

Great

Easy to set up. The apps are a little confusing but after a while get the hang of it. Netflix pre- programmed which is great. Really good picture and nice and clear. The price was really good. No problem linking to wireless. So great buy for a budget and 3 year warranty

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Rebecca

RebeccaMoruya

Good tv

This tv isnt bad ( should have a higher star rating ). Ive owned it for nearly 1 year and i love it. Picture is clear. Sound is well balanced. No faults as yet. For the price i would recommend this. There is honestly nothing i can fault. Super easy remote. Pixels are great. no complaints

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Annoying

Our unit is 12 months old and originally operated well. Two months ago Freeview started to mess up and continues to do so.
I View and SBSon-demand work really well but all commercial stations do not operate on Freeview at all now.
A TV Technician has just Investigated and after a complete reset has concluded that the software is at fault.
TCL "HELPLINE" not very helpful.
Out of warranty so 'cest- la- vie"

Date PurchasedJun 2018
tahjs

tahjsPerth

Amazing tv at decent price

Love this tv! Beautiful picture, so easy to use and love that it’s a smart tv so can download all my favourite apps and don’t need additional media players. Love the design of the tv and remote, looks so flash and modern in our home and is quite affordable. Definitely happy with having this tv

Date PurchasedDec 2017
jlewan

jlewanbrisbane

Ok

The tv is ok for the price. The picture quality is ok. The audio is quite poor as expected. Not sure if mine is faulty but the headphone jack seems faulty with the sound going soft for no reason. The smart feature are quite good for watching internet content such as youtube, netflix etc.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
HD TVs

Find out how TCL 55S6000S (55") compares to other HD TVs

Vivian

VivianAU

Prefect

This TV is prefect. Has many apps installed already. Kids can use Toutube to watch any thing. It also has wifi which can connect internet easily. Big screen is prefect. Volume is good as well. Also we can use it to browse internet. So if you know some website, you can use TV to watch movie at home.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

TCL Smart TV is the dumbest TV

Date PurchasedJun 2017
scott filby

scott filby

Big improvement on TV this is replacing

This replacement TV looks superior to the older model i bought 2 years ago. It not only feels better quality but also has much better colour definition. I found setup to be easy and intuitive. So far I'm much happier with my replacement TV. (I received replacement TV 23/12/17)
The previous TV felt cheaply made and colour definition (especially skin tones) was very average.
Would like to thank the lady operater at TCL. She was very curtious, helpful and i appreciate TCL replacing my older model and inferior quality TV with new model.
Really like replacement new model TV.TYVM :)

Date PurchasedDec 2015
bozoeggman

bozoeggmanSA, 5152

Great Value, Great Picture, Netflic built in

I bought this TV to take advantage of the built-in Netflix and SMART TV capability, and just for the Master Bedroom, so while it has a lot of whizz bang features, I really just use it for TV, Netflix and have plugged a Blue Ray/DVD into it. Everything has worked perfectly since installing it. Mounted it on the wall, plugged it in, turned it on - it found my network, connected to it, logged into Netflix and all good to go - took about 5-10 minutes tops. I was dubious about TCL as a brand and prior models had poor reviews and a lot of problems highlighted (Netflix access, sound issues, too complex a remote, Wi-Fi issues, etc) but this has been awesome and no issues at all with the TV and the picture is great.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Yonesh Shrestha

Yonesh Shresthaasked

55S6000S (55")

How to connect to this TV to wifi with out the remote control

Chris

Chrisasked

55S6000S (55")

How can I install other apps such as kodi Google etc?

Ben

Benasked

How do i get stan ?

AdrianF
AdrianF

I really don’t know. Maybe an app off TCL App Store or an external box. I don’t use Stan so can’t really help

Pricey51
Pricey51

Ben the easiest way is to buy Google Chromecast its small unit that plugs into the HDMI plug and the USB port. This connects through your home Wifi and it takes about 10 min to set up costs about $45 from Officeworks

Steve
Steve

Btw, I don't use 'Stan' so this does not affect me, I use 'Netflix' and 'You Tube' for my boy and this SmartTV works perfectly with those. The ‘Stan’ app cannot be downloaded through the ‘AppStore’ (I've tried it) on this TV, don’t know why as I’ve got the 'Stan' app on my Samsung Series 6 - 60 inch - JU6400 4K UHD LED TV, which is a few years old and it must work on that (never used it). Your best bet is to get 'Google Chromecast' and do it that way (as described above). Otherwise, check page 13 on the TCL LED TV - Operation Manual for use with models: 32S6000S/40S6000FS/43S6000FS/49S6000FS/55S6000FS (where it will give you a step by step) instructions of how to download any other app on top of the pre-installed apps on this SmartTV.