TCL 48E4900FS

Good Budget Priced Smart TV

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Julie

JulieMelbourne

The pictures quality is really good, even watching for a long time, we don't feel any uncomfortable or tiered of eyes. The speaker is good. The ports are on the side of tv, we haven't use that much functions, but I think they're enough for normal use. This TV is really cutting the edge. It can connect to Wifi, those connecting to Laptop days never back, hooray! It's use friendly.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Mez

MezAU

Total junk

Positives = the picture is good for the price. Negatives = 1 the apps are crap. 2 This is advertised as a Netflix tv which it has but it is sooooo slow. 3 It takes a long time to connect to the network. I have to turn in the tv go do something then come back to use. 4 it is really big and heavy for a modern tv. 5 it is advertised as a smart tv, which it is not. I got it for my spare room so it isn't used much I would have taken a hammer to it if it was my main tv.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

LeaVictoria, 3977

Absolute Trash

Date PurchasedJun 2016
    Lea

Make sure it does what you want!

According to the website this is " a great looking smart TV packed with great features and energy efficiency. It is an affordable series of television, with great connected functionality". If you want to watch ABC Iview or SBS catch up, forget it! When I contacted TCL after trying to connect to ABC Iview I was told to "purchase a Google chromecast for around $50 that will enable you to stream content direct to your TV". I ask you, why buy a smart TV if it's not smart? Maybe the ACCC will take up the meaning of great connected functionality for me.
    As for a TV, looks good and performs fine, can't fault it as a LED TV, it's JUST NOT SMART!