TCL Australia

TCL Australia Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Bill

Billasked

All of a sudden all my ABC channels have disappeared. any thoughts on what this might be please

Montydog

Montydogasked

when i put a usb into the tv the pictures come upside down

Steven M

Steven Masked

I have a 65" TCL OLED TV and it is not reading the remote. The remote is working, verified by pressing buttons and watching on my mobile phone`s camera. If i press the button behind the light the tv operates BUT i cannot alter the sound or change channels. How do i reset the tv to pick up the remote?

greg r.

greg r.asked

I’ve lost my remote how do I purchase a new one

Mark B.

Mark B.asked

My tv screen has gone black still got the sound , it is still under warranty how long do I need to wait for something to be done about it

russell
russell

They won’t fix it , they beat around the bush until the warranty is expired , then bye bye

m.e.
m.e.

Take the TV back to the place you bought it from and demand a refund. You have bought an item that has failed within the warranty period and they have the responsibility to either fix it or replace it. If the company you bought the TV from and TCL are both aware of your problem and nothing has been done contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman and the small claims tribunal. Don't wait any longer.

Matt
Matt

I had a similar problem with my TV but it was a black line across the TV, I called TCL and they replaced my TV.
Don't waste your time taking back to the place you got it from, call them directly on 1300 738 149.
They will ask you for the serial number and to email them a copy of the receipt, hope this will help you, good luck mate.

Mike H.

Mike H.asked

Does the 32 inch Falcon TV come with a signal cable in the box

Mike H.

Mike H.asked

Does the 32 inch falcon tv come with a signal cable in the box

Safa K.

Safa K.asked

Hi dear representative, I just bought 2 tcl TVs from bing lee yesterday. Now I’m scarred after I read all comments of the community people here. Just wondering why the tcl company deal in such way with the customers, so in this case u will lose reputation & no one will buy ur products. Pls improve services , so let get more customers instead.

Heath
Heath

There is a lot of people that wouldn't bother CLAIMING if they had to go through what I did ! I've contacted this company or tried to about 30 times ! They seam to think ignoring the customer works.
And Australian consumer Law doesn't apply to them !
They made a big mistake trying this with me!
Just read ACCC Consumer laws and keep telling them!
I also found out that the company you brought the product off is totally responsible to organise warranty problems no matter what they say! It's very clear in consumer Law statement,it's called 3rd party that's the manufacturer!
MY ADVICE is to shop online only!
The Price, service,and warranty is a lot better and your money is safe!
Have a good day!
As for me I'm still fighting for a replacement TV.
Help my fight buy telling the rest of Australia to boycotting TLC.
Thanks!

MosquitoSpleen
MosquitoSpleen

I feel your pain mate, I’ve gone through the same crap. The fact that this company gets away with this criminal behaviour in Australia boggles my god damn mind. We should all contact the ACCC about them!!

Michael W.
Michael W.

My wife battled so hard with TCL and we finally got our money back from the retailer . They do not appear to understand Consumer law. I would caution anyone from buying a TCL product.

Jodie M.

Jodie M.asked

How do I get the new remote to work with original tv. Tv serial number is 40S4800FS

Zjef
Zjef

Hi Jodie

I don't know your model TV. You can try a few things:
1. Replace batteries (sometimes they are flat or don't make good contact
2. Operate the Remote Control (RC) in pitch dark you can see red (Infrared) spot at the front of RC
3. Get the cover off and take note of the RC part no, check the net for compatibility with your TV model
4. Check TCL website downloads to find out it there is RC software for Smart phone (like T-Cell) available for your TV set

All the best

Jodie M.

Jodie M.asked

How do i get the new tcl remote work with tv. Tv serial code is 40S4800FS

Susie

Susieasked

Last few weeks my TCL 55” Tv has sound when I turn it on but no picture, I have to reboot TV every time, does anyone else have this?
Also Freeview rarely plays regardless of what I do, I’m 2.5 years into warranty and TCL support just want to reset my TV.
Shouldn’t Harvey Norman be more liable as they sold me the TV?

Dave
Dave

Take it back to Hervey Norman and demand a refund. Call the relevant gov. body if you have to, Fair trade in your state. TCL will hold your TV as long as they like, it took 3 months to get my TV fixed. If you have sound and no pic, it sounds like the famous backlight issue that they're well known for.
DEMAND a refund from Hervey Norman or get them to contact the representative like I did, for a brand new replacement. The replacement I got was a newer model and has a couple more features like netflix on the remote but lacks the one thing I bought the original TV for in the first place, (pausing live tv) which
I assumed (mistakenly) was on the newer TV. I compromised and regret it.

Mark And
Mark And

In my experience TCL will procrastinate as much as possible getting you to upload, download, reset etc. and this is not satisfactory, I would contact Fair Trade in your state. They will more than likely advise taking the TV back to the retailer. DO NOT let them bully, if you contact TCL be aware that their tactics is to stall, they will be very apologetic and every customer service person will go as far as giving you their personal assurance but nothing will eventuate as they are nothing but liars.
RING FAIR TRADE PLEASE!

Mafu

Mafuasked

I have TCL LED tv (MODEL L55S4700FS) which I am trying to view Netflix. I am a signed up Netflix user and am able to log in to Netflix on the TV but when a program to view is selected a page saying "Watch Netflix on your phone or Tablet" with the option of selecting a "Free APP". At that point the system freezes.
How can this problem be overcome, please?