TCL E18 Series

• Picture Quality
zbyla s.

zbyla s.Perth, WA

Terrible picture quality

After a few months of normal work problems started. Picture was darker, sharpness lower, reaction for command longer. After 2 years tv broke down. Good that it had 3 year warranty. Now I'm waiting for replacement.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$700.00.

Performance
Sound Quality
Software
Picture Quality
scootergirl

scootergirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complicating. With zero support

This t.v. is my first smart tv. My surround sounds will not work on it. I cannot change the aspect ratio on Netflix while watching a movie. And when I call tcl for support they have no experience and zero idea on my issue and how to resolve. The tv is a big headache and worst support to top of that headache. I called tcl asked to speak to a supervisor as I was left with a unresolved issue and was informed by shirley that they do not have a supervisor as it's not that busy. I wish I did not waste my money on this tv.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$695.00.

Performance
Sound Quality
Software
Picture Quality

PeterGSouth Lake, Perth WA 6164

Great TV

I tossed over whether to buy this TV or not and decided, to purchase it over the Christmas break. My only complaint was the remote control, a tad wider than 2 AAA batteries, and long, not designed for one handed operation, it has an andriod OS, but the colour and clarity of the picture is equal or better than some dearer brand names. Has 3 HDMI ports, optical port for additional speaker system(s) ,as I had my Bose Bar speaker attached as TV speakers are average.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how TCL E18 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Pam B

Pam Basked

50E18US (50")

We are setting up a new TCL TV 50E18US and not technically minded. Are we able to see channels without connecting to the internet? If not, and we need internet, will it use NBN, and therefore we need to enter our NBN password, or we have a Free to Air Samsung Tablet, or through my Apple mobile? Pam

Bidder

Bidderasked

50E18US (50")

Where are the buttons on the tv for when you can't find the remote???

PeterG

There are non, just the turn off the power at the wall socket, that is why I stated the remote is not a useful remote, being barely wider than two AAA batteries, it is a 2 handed job it took me 3 goes to get internet password into ithe TV , having said that, I only use the remote to turn it on and move from one HDMI port to another. I have had to do a power refresh a couple of times, and it has updated software OS once. Hope this helps. If you turn it off at the wall it boots up pretty quick.
Cheers

Wall MountableYesYes
Weight10 kg11.8 kg
Dimensions (without stand) 653.5 x 1121.4 x 75.7 mm721.7 x 1243.9 x 77.9 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 714.5 x 1121.4 x 220.8 mm775.3 x 1243.9 x 239 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare both TCL E18 Series