Ursh a.

Ursh a.Hunter Region, NSW

Chinese band, Chinese quality

After 1 year and 2 months it died. And now I have to deal with TCL customer support, not that their seems to be any. Even when it worked it was the slowest booting tv I've ever seen. My pc boots faster!

Slow boot
Broken updates
Terrible sound
Picture is decent but not amazing

Purchased in April 2018 at Bing Lee Physical store for $650.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Jai Latte

Jai LatteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No qualms as yet!

Fantastic quality picture. Very easy to setup and use. Not the worst volume but would probably recommend attaching to speakers for that crystal clear sound every tv buff desires. All in all a very good TV for its price.

Purchased in March 2019.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
DeltaKilo

DeltaKiloPerth, WA

2 & half stars. A nice TV spoiled by slow boot issue

This is a 2017 version TV but even 2018 models seem plagued with this 'bug' that causes TV to take 40-50 secs to boot through Android start up routine.
There is a setting to 'fast boot' so TV comes on in 2-3 secs which works for some and not for others. A very bloody annoying issue that TCL still haven't resolved after a year.
For me, the TV also failed to notify of new firmware updates which I had to ring TCL to get and manually install. Sadly the last update has created new issue of random turn ons. Hopefully a full rest will fix that?

Apart from that, TV is okay but not a brand I'd be praising for others to buy until they get 'bugs' sorted out.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Chad PHunter Region, NSW

great tv love it

great smart tv, easy to use, received this model as warranty replacement for a previous tcl tv, i can say i was extremely satisfied with the support from tcl, and the prompt service, this tv has all the usual apps, play store, stan, netflix etc, good viewing angles, and good resolution, all in all very happy.

raghumahesh50

raghumahesh50Brisbane

Horrible service, will never buy any TCL product

I brought the TV 6 months back and its started lagging a lot and I reported on 16th September and today is 26 October still not resolved. they email me the details about the service provider and the phone number is not even valid. They don't even bother updating it.

don't even bother buying any TCL products. its not worth it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

ReginaBendigo

Great TV for the price.

Easy setup and looks great. The only issue I have, is that it doesn't have all catch up TV Channels, only one they have is 7Plus. If you're not into catch up TV, not an issue but for me would be better to have them all, phoned TCL and they advised they are working on it.

GAZZA

GAZZAUmina Beach

Very Good Product ,second TCL TV since 2013 first unit L55V7300F3DE reason for change better inter

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ibuzz

IbuzzBrisbane

Happy

A nice TV and performs well takes a while to start up but it's a Real Android Smart TV so a little patience helps. Picture is great sounds OK too. Plenty of apps and plenty of storage for the apps and for downloading videos, games etc I would recommend this and it's great value for money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Sjjjj

SjjjjMackay

Great size tv

Great picture quality, especially when watch Netflix/Stan ect. Tv setup is great, easy to navigate through and select whatever feature you want. Perfect size for our lounge room not to big and not to small.
Only down side I have found to the tv is it takes a long time for it to turn on.... goes through the loading screen for close to a minute.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Aristotle

AristotleCamberwell

Lovely Picture Average Sound

Really amazed by the beautiful picture this produces. We get THE most alive colours and decent blacks. It is a huge improvement on the old Panasonic it replaces. I haven't figured out all the functions yet, the remote has a lot of options but watching movies is a beautiful experience. One this - the speakers are not that great so we have a sound bar set up. I think you really need this to get the most from it. Great TV.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Megan

MeganPerth

Do NOT buy this!

LeFreon

LeFreonmelbourne

Good Picture Bad Software

We were so excited getting this but that soon turned to confusion and I spent a lot of the first afternoon trying to sort out the menus and set up. Its not the best but we have a workable situation now. The picture however is great! I have been wanting a 4K TV for ages and it is so vibrant to watch movies on - I love that. The audio - I knew this would be average so we run it through a soundbar. The TV looks excellent in the lounge too. I hope there are updates at some point because the software needs work.

Bugzy

BugzyBundaberg

Bad tv

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Pc 4k gaming is brilliant on this screen

I bought this solely for pc gaming, specifically for my star citizen cockpit. This screen is magic. No noticeable input lag, great colour, and chroma 4:4:2 (according to support). Text is perfectly crisp and readable in windows 10, and 4k content and gaming just looks incredible. You won't be disappointed considering how cheap these are now!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Sum Ting Wong

Sum Ting WongBumuck

Buggy mess, software updates lacking

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Sudeep

SudeepGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good value for money with very minor flaws

With minor adjustments, picture quality can be as good as if not better than a Sony or Samsung.
Had to do away with external speakers since the internal ones are pretty good. DTS sound.
4 HDMI, 1 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0 ports along with the usual video ports; good enough to cover all your accessories.
Built-in chromecast is a boon.
Android 6.0.1 with Netflix, YouTube...
Very satisfied with the deal it offers at roughly 30% less price compared to the big names.
3 yrs warranty is a plus!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Juj

Juj

Good

It's the first time I use this Poured out of TCL I did the expected able to know a performance really well but actually when I get home and turn on the TV is see the screen for four as I think I was really good I guess it's more than I expected

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Raffie

RaffieBonnyrigg

Best bang for buck Android TV out there.

Best value for money Android TV out there.
The picture is quite decent for 4K UHD.
Excellent sound quality considering the price
plenty of ports including HDMI.
built in storage of up to 10 gb
Considerable fast for an Android TV when loading Youtube video and other apps
Start up power on is slightly slow

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Jimmyboi

JimmyboiSydney

Mediocre

Good tv for the price. It looks nice and has plenty of ports.
The panel doesn't reflect the most gorgeous colours but more of a neutral colour compared to Samsung or Sony's TVs .
Operating system is android and has plenty of apps to chose from. It's not bogged down from typical supplier OS

Tam B.

Tam B.asked

60P20US (60")

I have sound but no picture

Stewart A.
Stewart A.

I can not get my lg soundbar to work on this tv , there is no sound coming out , can any one help

Paul

Paulasked

43P20US (43")

Anyone disabled the stupid way to bright standby light

jimmy lawasked

43P20US (43")

I lost the remote control, where can I buy one and if I just buy one can I use it for any this model TV?

Chad P

Hi Jimmy, ebay is your best bet i purchased one for my Tcl 65p20us and it works fully functional link is below

Regina

I would contact TCL direct, Google them for contact details, I'm sure they will be able to assist you.

jimmy law

I checked with TCL service and was offered an original remote controller which is 80 AUD including delivery. At the same time I was offered an multi-function TCL controller which is some 20 bugs from eBay. Further Offer include a Chinese model from Taobao which is only 20 RMB. I will let you know how this works.

Get an answer from our members and TCL Electronics representatives

TCL 50P20US (50")

TCL 50P20US (50")

TCL 43P20US (43")

TCL 43P20US (43")

Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) $2,499$1,699$1,499$1,499$849
Screen Size 65"60"55"50"43"
Screen TypeLED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports33333
Number of USB Ports22222
Wall MountableYesYesYesYesYes
Weight18 kg16 kg13.8 kg11.5 kg7.9 kg
Operating System Android TVAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TV
Dimensions (without stand) 842.7 x 1464.5 x 64.8 mm779.8 x 1351.8 x 75.3 mm719.9 x 1243.6 x 73.7 mm653.4 x 1130.2 x 73.7 mm563.4 x 971 x 71.9 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 906.5 x 1464.5 x 244 mm884.6 x 1351.8 x 243.9 mm778.7 x 1243.6 x 214.6 mm715.6 x 1130.2 x 73.7 mm616.3 x 971 x 189.4 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual