Techbuy (page 2 of 7)

Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (13)

Not recommended

Order was taken than they advised that items are not available. I asked them to provide alternatives or refund. however, no responses, No alternatives, still no refund

Don't expect this company to cover malfunction under warranty

Rowie

RowieBrisbane

How are they still in business?

Ordered a small item from their website ($27 inc postage). Delivery listed as 1-3 business days. Phoned a week later to be told it was still on order with manufacturer and would be another 2 weeks. Emailed a follow up 3 weeks later (auto-response indicated reply < 24 hours). Phoned 4 days later after no communication. Was advised someone would check on progress and phone / email me same day. Still waiting 3 days later. First and last time I'll use these people.

Andrew

AndrewSydney

Hopeless

Communication is extremely poor. Call up and still get given incorrect information about an order you're waiting on. Take forever to sort out even basic orders and make promises they can't keep. Don't bother...

Citizen X

Citizen XBrisbane

Really slow to despatch

I made my purchase and paid using Paypal. 9 days later I get a message saying my item had successfully been posted. So either they didn't have the item in stock or they move like a sloth once they've got your money; either of which is poor service and a shocking approach to customer experience - considering their web site brags about how much stock they carry.

nat

natmc crae

Disappointed!

Item dispatched and delivered fast but shocking customer service after purchase, emailed them to return an incorrectly purchased product, techbuy replied 1 month later with a question to which I replied immediately, no word from them, I eventually followed up again and they sited policy of not accepting returns from orders made over 3 months, when they help up the entire process!!!! feeling ripped off and very disappointed, be wary..

Unable To Fulfill Order, Long Delay In Advising Me

Worse Experience Ever.

Stay away from TECHBUY. Unless you're happy to still NOT receive your item a month and a half from the day you ordered with absolutely no response from customer support..

From the time we placed our order to now, we've received up to 6 emails updating us on the status of our order giving us an ETA. After multiple attempts at emailing their support with no response, we decided to give them a call. We were then told (a month after order was placed) that they did not even have the item at their warehouse yet.

Save your time. Shop elsewhere.

ging

gingAU

Zero communication and no product

Ordered an EFM glass screen protector on 18th Sept...rang them today..26th asking where is it? Their reply OH...EFM won't supply us anymore
No communication...nothing

No after sales support

A particular product - the Norco 4224 - has a known fault, in that the backplanes kill hard drives. (due to bad engineering/design.)
Techbuy replaced the 3 I thought were faulty (out of 6), but didn't mention it was a known fault and they had been supplied replacements for warranty purposes. Instead, they list them on the webpage for sale, to those outside of warranty. Scum bags.
Try contact them regarding and you'll get no reply.

Shtoive

ShtoiveCanberra 2600, ACT

Long term customer

I have been a long term customer of 10 years and spent thousands through Techbuy. During this time I've had to trigger a returns process about 3-4 times at no fault to Techbuy. Each time my return was accepted.
I have had some minor problems with delivery times but that is more because of the courier (Toll).
Their prices could be better but I doubt you will find many places with this product range coupled with good service in Australia.

Absolutely Terrible Would Not Recommend!

Jamie

JamieCanberra

Absolutely trust these guys....

Item never arrived

Ordered iPhone 5s case it never arrived. Reported it to PayPal and then a refund was done thereafter. Didn't have the advertised item in stock. Very disappointing and will not be using this service again.

Liars And Scammers

Used them for many years. Everything was fine for years until I tried to get support on a 4GB video card that I had purchased.

They sent me a 2GB version and have refused to replace it for 5 months now. It is still under warranty, but they still refuse to give me what I payed for or even let me return it to them (yeah you need their approval to return an item to them - or it will get lost or something?!).

Their support staff are arrogant and seem to just make things up.

Be warned! Never, ever, buy from this company.

Find out how Techbuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Never arrived. Never ordered the item.

Had ordered an item, they took the money, hadn't heard anything for 7 days. Rang up, they hadn't even order the item yet. Didn't explain why. Just did nothing. Will not use again.

John

JohnMelbourne

False advertising scam artists

Jason B

Jason BCessnock, NSW

Fast and Reliable - Surge Protector

Ordered a Belkin Surge Protector ($23.40) through their online store which I couldn't get anywhere else. I used bank transfer and the order was processed the same day, it must be because we share the same bank. Received an email to confirm my order, plus another email notifying me my order has been dispatched and how to track it. Even though I'm outside Sydney I received the protector a couple days later, it was well packed with a detailed invoice. Five stars as there is nothing I can fault them on, not even something small.

+ Website easy to use, good payment options, fast processing and shipping, email notifications, well packed & invoice
- None

Greta deal

I ordered an unusually spec'd computer form them and in three days, configured and delivered. Great service and great product

Spotbanana

Spotbanana

Woeful customer service. Avoid and buy in store if you can.

These guys give online tech commerce a bad name. They'll sell but when there's a problem, they'll delay until the cows come home. Do not buy from this crap company.

leon y.

leon y.asked

Techbuy

Hi Im looking for MSI GF75 Thin 9SC 17.3" 120Hz Gaming Laptop i7-9750H 16GB 256GB+1TB GTX1650 W10H is that available at silver water branch ?

husskeeasked

Techbuy

be careful they were offering the msi leopard i7 at a ridicules cheap price $500 below retail price i added to cart but then decided to check reviews and saw this forum. so then decided to call and see if they had in stock thinking i would pickup instead of delivery, they were arrogant and they also told me not in stock on back order purchase or something waiting for stock from warehouse.. full of crap dont buy you will get screwed

Jason
Jason

Yes I got screwed also still waiting for my money back after sending the product back over a month ago, + I had to pay to ship it back

sue c.

sue c.asked

Techbuy

Confirmation you cancelled order so why you still sending it out?

husskee

i refused to order after making the phone call and seeing these reviews were correct