Techbuy (page 3 of 5)

Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (10)
Biing

BiingLithgow

Very poor service. Overpriced nowadays and you will never get your money back even if not delivered.

I used to buy from this place for the last 10 years but over time I have realised how bad their service is. They are now usually overprice compared to other website companies. So look at other websites to purchase your computer items. There are many other websites and computer companies that are far better. The costumer after care was also terrible. You may be better taking your issues to the nsw trades practices commission regarding this company. Once you part with your money you will never get it back. Even if it is not delivered, and if there is a problem it is always the customers fault.

Don't do it to yourself!!

False & Misleading advertising

I purchased a product from their site, firstly they didn't list the product would take 1 month to order in. They accepted the payment and then told me it would take a month. Next when the product arrived it was completely different to what they advertised. They made a ridiculous claim that I shouldn't have opened it, quite simple I told them how was I meant to see there was no software inside if I didn't open the package. I had to take them to Fair Trading, case is still pending. But beware of this retailer.

Deliverd late and the product was not was advertised.

rekkieNSW, 2762

Scammer - Beware

rekkie

Refund are not possible for bad products

terrible customer service selling terrible products, steer clear, dont even ask for a refund you will have to fight for it, and they will use every trick to palm me off, with so many other on line sellers one would assume they would at least attempt to keep some customers
good first impressions
good first impressions is all you will get

Shysters and Scammers

I purchased a cover for my Google Android tablet, but it was the wrong size. The company used every excuse to say they wouldn't refund me, ignoring fair trading laws. The item was returned in pristine condition. They are now claiming to have no record of the return, hence no refund. Buyer beware.

Wrong product. No refund

Fitz3630Renmark

When will it get here!!!!

Fitz3630

Never did get it! cancelled order in the end. Price was my initial reason for trying Techbuy! but trust me pay the little extra! it saves the headache and hassle.

Awful support, possibly ran by monkeys

Misleading....full of rubbish...

I bought a NAS drive from them Thursday (10th Oct 13) because the website info says they deliver in 1-3 days, just spoken to them and they said it would be next Thursday (17th Oct 13) at most. I did not even receive an apology, it looks like this is a once off online shop. Never again to shop with them. Had i known i would have bought one from the others. Shocking customer service!!!

Inaccurate delivery days and did not get apology from customer service.

Bunch of misleading idiots

I ordered a laptop from their website that was "in-stock", but two days after the transaction went through an e-mail is sent to me informing me that they're out of stock. I was given the option of either paying more money for a different laptop or receiving a refund. I choose to get a refund, in which the money was suppose to appear in my bank account 1-2 days after my cancellation confirmation.....it has been 8 days now. I have a large amount of money out of my account and no laptop because they screwed on their end . I heard only good things about 'techbuy', but when they screw up you're the one who has to clean up the mess.

Misleading. Slow.

Horrible

I`ve ordered a Siberia V2 frost from them on August 9th 2013 and im still waiting for them! I've made some few calls to them to ask them when the delivery will be made and they keep saying oh it will come either tomorrow or some other time, so i was so sick of waiting i decided to cancel my order and buy it off ebay faster.

[censored word removed] communication

Michael

Michael

Poor communication and irresponsible behaviour

I have shopped with Techbuy a number of times in recent years. The most recent one was appalling. I ordered 8 items in total on August 31, 2013. No delivery or any communication till September 13 when I received an email saying that my order will be delivered soon. As I checked online, they removed one item from my order without any notice and dispatched the remaining 7 items they have at hand. The other item just evaporated from the list and problem solved for them.

I was stunned by the behaviour and the lack of any communication. I will never buy from techbuy again.
Used to be good
Poor communication, slow delivery and irresponsible

IM, Florey

IM, FloreyFlorey

Constant Delays

Ordered an expensive device that their site said would ship in 1-3 days. Almost 3 months later all I've so far received is delay after delay telling me the item is on backorder. If it was going to be like that then please be honest with customers and say that up front. The latest is I will have to wait ANOTHER two weeks, and their site STILL says if you order today it will ship in 1-3 days! Don't believe what you read on the site!

The only positive is that they keep sending emails to say it's being delayed (again). Better than silence, but not much!
They claimed to have the item I needed
They didn't!!!!

Good value but very slow delivery

After buying a small gift for my brother 5 days before his birthday thinking it would arrive on time, it actually arrived 2 weeks after. I was only advised the method of postage was unsuitable for a P.O.Box address A WEEK after purchase, and consequently it was very late. The website is lacking information and postage is outrageously expensive. The product (which was only $10 more expensive than the postage) was to good standard but I will never buy from this website again. On first view Techbuy seems less expensive on than other websites, but with delivery it's about the same.
Product was to good standard.
Very expensive postage, poor communication and unreliable.

JoshDCC

JoshDCCDevonport

Never received half the product - Didn't receive a reply to my email.

Daniel

Daniel

Got faulty product took 2 months a mountain of emails and phone calls to get refunded

I bought an Antec external battery in March, but it was faulty and did not work. I returned it and got a return recepit email but that is when the so far good process broke down. After that they did nothing, ignored my emails for 2 weeks, I called, they said they would process the refunded but again did nothing for 3 weeks then I emailed again and they processed the refund but did not make me aware of it by letting me know they did it. Just a nightmare from beginning to end, would never trust them again to buy anything when there is super good service around from the likes of Scorptec, etc.

A nightmare when it comes to receiving a faulty product and getting refunded for it.

Pana Maliadis

Pana MaliadisMelbourne

Poor client communication and handling

Exchange policy includes: if they do not sell a high volume of a certain product you can't exchange. You have three days to exchange once you have received your item. Product exchanges do not include customer incorrect pick. Client was happy to lose a business prospect quite easily, must be doing quite well off the business, surprising as there communication was the poorest I have ever encountered.

I believe they would scrape the barrel int terms of customer retention. With the amount of competitors.

Terrible Company

First, items which were "In stock" on the website were not really in stock. Second, I've had to pay re-shipping fees twice because their courier can't find one of the most prominent addreses in Sydney, this wasn't my fault so I don't see why I had to pay. Save yourself the trouble and order from another website. And then getting a refund is a whole different problem.

kirlam

kirlamSydney, NSW

Don't meet promise on order times

Ordered a product that showed 3-5 days delivery. Took just under four weeks for the order to be delivered. Sending an email asking them when I could expect delivery was ignored. No excuse for this sort of shoddy service these days. I get that sometimes things go wrong but judging by other reviews on this site this seems to be pretty normal for this company. I wouldn't use again.
I received the poduct I ordered
Delivery too slow, non responsive

Waiting after 3 months

Ordered a thermaltake headset stand. After 2 weeks without contact I emailed in regards to the matter. 3 months on after sending numerous emails left phone messages and still waiting. Worst service I have ever recieved. With so many online IT stores will be shopping elswere. Obviously they do not care about their customers.

No service and left without my product after paying for it