Techbuy (page 4 of 7)

Online store, Physical store
Brand Manager for Techbuy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (14)
Jim
JimNewcastle

Easy.

Long lead time, poor communication

If they need to order in the item it can take 1 to 2 months, items listed on the site may be no linger available and they only reply by email if it is easy to answer. I was charged for an item that states ready for shipment but was never shipped, i am still waiting for it.
quick service if the stock is on hand

Frequent customer

I typically order from Techbuy 4 or 5 times a year, all manner of stuff, and have done for some years. The pricing is competitive and the service is good. The web site works well. The choice of payment options means that I can pay the way I want to.

DonSMau
DonSMauSydney

Long time customer

I have bought all kinds of computer hardware and peripherals over the years from TechBuy and they always had accurate stock levels, good prices, and reliable delivery. I am very happy with them and I would be happy to recommend them to anyone

Nothing

Smarshx
Smarshx

Quick and as described

I ordered my Griffin Survivor case for my Samsung Galaxy S3 4G in the pink. It arrived really promptly, was exactly as described and I felt the site had an appropriate level of support and FAQs for any issues I did have, or may have had. Very easy to use, order and understand.
Efficient and accurate

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Nickohall
NickohallChurchill

Excellent service and prices of actual items

The website itself is easy to navigate and so is the checkout which provides you with plenty of payment options. The prices are excellent, sometimes marked down 50%, the only downfall being the over priced postage. Some times it works out good when you buy a bundle of items but if you buy one little usb you will pay $15 dollars because that is the minimum weight price allowed on the website. So you are paying for more weight than your item actually weighs. Postage may be expensive but your item always arrives quick and is processed and posted quick as well. Other than that I love this website and built my brand new computer thanks to them.
Cheap prices, fast postage, accessible website, lots of payment options
Expensive postage

Great product but postage a bit expensive

The LifeProof iPhone case is a great product for protecting your iPhone in an outdoor environment. Still provides a sensitive touch screen and can stand up to a bit of knocking about. The item was posted in reasonable time to my PO Box but I thought the postage was a bit excessive considering the size and weight of the items posted. I could have purchased a prepaid bag, self addressed it and posted it to Techbuy to use and the postage would still have been cheaper than what I was charged. Would use Techbuy again especially if they review the postage charges.
Tough product with a slimline feel & look.

AJHunt2870
AJHunt2870Balgownie, NSW

Excellent product, excellent service.

I ordered my "Western Digital 2000GB (2TB) IntelliPower SATA-III 6Gbps HDD w. 64MB Cache (WD20EZRX) Caviar Green JP" online and it was delivered very promptly by Australia Post. It is an excellent product and went straight into my computer. It is now working faultlessly as my system disk, replacing a RAID array that had been giving continuous trouble by rebuilding itself every time there was disk read error.
Reliable, inexpensive, fast.

Good value but very slow delivery

After buying a small gift for my brother 5 days before his birthday thinking it would arrive on time, it actually arrived 2 weeks after. I was only advised the method of postage was unsuitable for a P.O.Box address A WEEK after purchase, and consequently it was very late. The website is lacking information and postage is outrageously expensive. The product (which was only $10 more expensive than the postage) was to good standard but I will never buy from this website again. On first view Techbuy seems less expensive on than other websites, but with delivery it's about the same.
Product was to good standard.
Very expensive postage, poor communication and unreliable.

Ujaz99
Ujaz99Sydney, NSW

Allcast share unit

The unit works great & I love being able to transmit to my TV without cables. But & it's a big but the courier just left it with the concierge instead of delivering it to my unit on the 16th floor. Anyone could have gotten it & when you pay for something to be delivered to you that is what you expect.
It works well
Delivery was dodgy.

steelmill
steelmillPerth, WA

Been Using Techbuy For Years

Tech buy always delivered on products that I ordered on time every time ,never had any problems whatsoever . Tech buys use PayPal payments system witch is easier to use than other types of payments.When the product is in stock , they are actually in stock , with shipping following next business day.
reliable,excellent product selction ,always product than other online stores do not.
none

After comparing other prices online, I found myself at Techbuy showing the best value including delivery.
The camera arrived promptly and in perfect condition. When I look to further build my videography and IT equipment, I will look to Techbuy again without a doubt. This is my one and only purchase with Techbuy and I have no complaints.
Didn't have to go to Harvey Norman and deal with the cringe worthy staff.

patrick o'rourke
patrick o'rourkeashford nsw

Always good....

Have used techbuy many times over last ten years have always found them to be helpful have good product stock if they have any trouble filling your order they will very quickly offer an alternative if neccessary delivery via e parcel post is rapid goods arrive in undamaged boxes with the goods themselves well packed and with no damage will continue to use techbuy into the future.
quick,easy,efficient

MQui
MQuiSydney

Good range and service but poor stock availibilty and supply is too slow

Quick delivery, good product range, but not best prices

I have bought from Techbuy a few times in the past as well as recently. Delivery is always quick (a couple of days interstate). They don't have the best prices though. Products are always good quality and I have never had to return anything. Packaging is good and the account system and email notifications are pretty good.
Quick delivery, decent product range
Not best prices but not too bad

Dallas
DallasScarborough Beach, WA

Have been a customer for years

I use Techbuy because I know that the item I order on their website will be in stock if it says so and delivery will be fast. There prices are pretty decent and while they may not be quite the lowest, it's made up for with service and reliability - two things which are most important to me when ordering online. If they have a product you want and their price is in the ballpark I'd definitely go with them over anyone you don't know.
The best thing about Techbuy is that I feel I can trust them and their service

JoshDCC
JoshDCCDevonport

Never received half the product - Didn't receive a reply to my email.

Quick delivery

I order a otter phone cover at 1500hrs on thursday via the web site and had it by 0900hrs the next day to my work address. this was in the Sydney area. i would highly recommend Techbuy to other people looking for heavy duty phone covers. it was at a good price too!.

Very prompt postage

Good prices, ordered on a Thursday, processed Friday morning and shipped, delivered to Queensland by Monday morning. More than adequate communication at every stage of the transaction and the parcel was trackable by Australia Post website. Would I buy from this company again. Yes I would. I had a very positive experience.

Motivated by profit

I went there this morning to buy a hard drive. I have spent at least $500 there in the past . I Asked to use direct bank deposit (with a receipt) No. The person who decided this stayed hidden away. I just get the feeling it's all about the $$$. Moving on to a retailer with more of a customer satisfaction focus.
Location
They have no customer service

Mick Edwards
Mick EdwardsThe Shire

I use Techbuy for all my technology peripheral purchases

Excellent to deal with, very convenient pick-up available if you live in Sydney. Good website, easy to find and park at. One of the best things is they are generally very competitive on price. 8/10 they come up one of the cheapest when comparing goods and they have a massive range. I've pretty much always been able to source what I need from them.
Competitive pricing, pick-up available, huge range, parking available at shop front location, easy to locate, friendly staff.
Could process orders for pick-up a lot faster sometimes.

DKY
DKY

More than 3 Business Days - Order still processing

dont trust what the website says

Don't trust the website. Call the number on contact page, find out. Ordered a HTC one cover over 3 weeks now. Once the money left my acc. Have been told it's in back order. Promised it will arrive 20th may and now saying not until 2nd June. Worse service ever. Not going to return for sure

Daniel
Daniel

Got faulty product took 2 months a mountain of emails and phone calls to get refunded

I bought an Antec external battery in March, but it was faulty and did not work. I returned it and got a return recepit email but that is when the so far good process broke down. After that they did nothing, ignored my emails for 2 weeks, I called, they said they would process the refunded but again did nothing for 3 weeks then I emailed again and they processed the refund but did not make me aware of it by letting me know they did it. Just a nightmare from beginning to end, would never trust them again to buy anything when there is super good service around from the likes of Scorptec, etc.

A nightmare when it comes to receiving a faulty product and getting refunded for it.

Pana Maliadis
Pana MaliadisMelbourne

Poor client communication and handling

Exchange policy includes: if they do not sell a high volume of a certain product you can't exchange. You have three days to exchange once you have received your item. Product exchanges do not include customer incorrect pick. Client was happy to lose a business prospect quite easily, must be doing quite well off the business, surprising as there communication was the poorest I have ever encountered.

I believe they would scrape the barrel int terms of customer retention. With the amount of competitors.