Techbuy

Techbuy (page 3 of 6)

Online store, Physical store
Brand Manager for Techbuy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (13)
Virgil
Virgil

Terrible service

Biing
BiingLithgow

Very poor service. Overpriced nowadays and you will never get your money back even if not delivered.

I used to buy from this place for the last 10 years but over time I have realised how bad their service is. They are now usually overprice compared to other website companies. So look at other websites to purchase your computer items. There are many other websites and computer companies that are far better. The costumer after care was also terrible. You may be better taking your issues to the nsw trades practices commission regarding this company. Once you part with your money you will never get it back. Even if it is not delivered, and if there is a problem it is always the customers fault.

Don't do it to yourself!!

False & Misleading advertising

I purchased a product from their site, firstly they didn't list the product would take 1 month to order in. They accepted the payment and then told me it would take a month. Next when the product arrived it was completely different to what they advertised. They made a ridiculous claim that I shouldn't have opened it, quite simple I told them how was I meant to see there was no software inside if I didn't open the package. I had to take them to Fair Trading, case is still pending. But beware of this retailer.

Deliverd late and the product was not was advertised.

rekkieSydney, NSW

Scammer - Beware

rekkie

Refund are not possible for bad products

terrible customer service selling terrible products, steer clear, dont even ask for a refund you will have to fight for it, and they will use every trick to palm me off, with so many other on line sellers one would assume they would at least attempt to keep some customers
good first impressions
good first impressions is all you will get

kp
kpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and support

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs

Shysters and Scammers

I purchased a cover for my Google Android tablet, but it was the wrong size. The company used every excuse to say they wouldn't refund me, ignoring fair trading laws. The item was returned in pristine condition. They are now claiming to have no record of the return, hence no refund. Buyer beware.

Wrong product. No refund

Fitz3630Renmark

When will it get here!!!!

Fitz3630

Never did get it! cancelled order in the end. Price was my initial reason for trying Techbuy! but trust me pay the little extra! it saves the headache and hassle.

Find out how Techbuy compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Awful support, possibly ran by monkeys

Misleading....full of rubbish...

I bought a NAS drive from them Thursday (10th Oct 13) because the website info says they deliver in 1-3 days, just spoken to them and they said it would be next Thursday (17th Oct 13) at most. I did not even receive an apology, it looks like this is a once off online shop. Never again to shop with them. Had i known i would have bought one from the others. Shocking customer service!!!

Inaccurate delivery days and did not get apology from customer service.

Bunch of misleading idiots

I ordered a laptop from their website that was "in-stock", but two days after the transaction went through an e-mail is sent to me informing me that they're out of stock. I was given the option of either paying more money for a different laptop or receiving a refund. I choose to get a refund, in which the money was suppose to appear in my bank account 1-2 days after my cancellation confirmation.....it has been 8 days now. I have a large amount of money out of my account and no laptop because they screwed on their end . I heard only good things about 'techbuy', but when they screw up you're the one who has to clean up the mess.

Misleading. Slow.

Horrible

I`ve ordered a Siberia V2 frost from them on August 9th 2013 and im still waiting for them! I've made some few calls to them to ask them when the delivery will be made and they keep saying oh it will come either tomorrow or some other time, so i was so sick of waiting i decided to cancel my order and buy it off ebay faster.

[censored word removed] communication

Michael
Michael

Poor communication and irresponsible behaviour

I have shopped with Techbuy a number of times in recent years. The most recent one was appalling. I ordered 8 items in total on August 31, 2013. No delivery or any communication till September 13 when I received an email saying that my order will be delivered soon. As I checked online, they removed one item from my order without any notice and dispatched the remaining 7 items they have at hand. The other item just evaporated from the list and problem solved for them.

I was stunned by the behaviour and the lack of any communication. I will never buy from techbuy again.
Used to be good
Poor communication, slow delivery and irresponsible

IM, Florey
IM, FloreyFlorey

Constant Delays

Ordered an expensive device that their site said would ship in 1-3 days. Almost 3 months later all I've so far received is delay after delay telling me the item is on backorder. If it was going to be like that then please be honest with customers and say that up front. The latest is I will have to wait ANOTHER two weeks, and their site STILL says if you order today it will ship in 1-3 days! Don't believe what you read on the site!

The only positive is that they keep sending emails to say it's being delayed (again). Better than silence, but not much!
They claimed to have the item I needed
They didn't!!!!

Jim
JimNewcastle

Easy.

Frequent customer

I typically order from Techbuy 4 or 5 times a year, all manner of stuff, and have done for some years. The pricing is competitive and the service is good. The web site works well. The choice of payment options means that I can pay the way I want to.

DonSMau
DonSMauSydney

Long time customer

I have bought all kinds of computer hardware and peripherals over the years from TechBuy and they always had accurate stock levels, good prices, and reliable delivery. I am very happy with them and I would be happy to recommend them to anyone

Nothing

Smarshx
Smarshx

Quick and as described

I ordered my Griffin Survivor case for my Samsung Galaxy S3 4G in the pink. It arrived really promptly, was exactly as described and I felt the site had an appropriate level of support and FAQs for any issues I did have, or may have had. Very easy to use, order and understand.
Efficient and accurate

AJHunt2870
AJHunt2870Balgownie, NSW

Excellent product, excellent service.

I ordered my "Western Digital 2000GB (2TB) IntelliPower SATA-III 6Gbps HDD w. 64MB Cache (WD20EZRX) Caviar Green JP" online and it was delivered very promptly by Australia Post. It is an excellent product and went straight into my computer. It is now working faultlessly as my system disk, replacing a RAID array that had been giving continuous trouble by rebuilding itself every time there was disk read error.
Reliable, inexpensive, fast.

Good value but very slow delivery

After buying a small gift for my brother 5 days before his birthday thinking it would arrive on time, it actually arrived 2 weeks after. I was only advised the method of postage was unsuitable for a P.O.Box address A WEEK after purchase, and consequently it was very late. The website is lacking information and postage is outrageously expensive. The product (which was only $10 more expensive than the postage) was to good standard but I will never buy from this website again. On first view Techbuy seems less expensive on than other websites, but with delivery it's about the same.
Product was to good standard.
Very expensive postage, poor communication and unreliable.

Ujaz99
Ujaz99Sydney, NSW

Allcast share unit

The unit works great & I love being able to transmit to my TV without cables. But & it's a big but the courier just left it with the concierge instead of delivering it to my unit on the 16th floor. Anyone could have gotten it & when you pay for something to be delivered to you that is what you expect.
It works well
Delivery was dodgy.

steelmill
steelmillPerth, WA

Been Using Techbuy For Years

Tech buy always delivered on products that I ordered on time every time ,never had any problems whatsoever . Tech buys use PayPal payments system witch is easier to use than other types of payments.When the product is in stock , they are actually in stock , with shipping following next business day.
reliable,excellent product selction ,always product than other online stores do not.
none

After comparing other prices online, I found myself at Techbuy showing the best value including delivery.
The camera arrived promptly and in perfect condition. When I look to further build my videography and IT equipment, I will look to Techbuy again without a doubt. This is my one and only purchase with Techbuy and I have no complaints.
Didn't have to go to Harvey Norman and deal with the cringe worthy staff.

patrick o'rourke
patrick o'rourkeashford nsw

Always good....

Have used techbuy many times over last ten years have always found them to be helpful have good product stock if they have any trouble filling your order they will very quickly offer an alternative if neccessary delivery via e parcel post is rapid goods arrive in undamaged boxes with the goods themselves well packed and with no damage will continue to use techbuy into the future.
quick,easy,efficient