Techbuy

Techbuy (page 4 of 6)

Online store, Physical store
Brand Manager for Techbuy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (13)
MQui
MQuiSydney

Good range and service but poor stock availibilty and supply is too slow

Dallas
DallasScarborough Beach, WA

Have been a customer for years

I use Techbuy because I know that the item I order on their website will be in stock if it says so and delivery will be fast. There prices are pretty decent and while they may not be quite the lowest, it's made up for with service and reliability - two things which are most important to me when ordering online. If they have a product you want and their price is in the ballpark I'd definitely go with them over anyone you don't know.
The best thing about Techbuy is that I feel I can trust them and their service

JoshDCC
JoshDCCDevonport

Never received half the product - Didn't receive a reply to my email.

Quick delivery

I order a otter phone cover at 1500hrs on thursday via the web site and had it by 0900hrs the next day to my work address. this was in the Sydney area. i would highly recommend Techbuy to other people looking for heavy duty phone covers. it was at a good price too!.

Mick Edwards
Mick EdwardsThe Shire

I use Techbuy for all my technology peripheral purchases

Excellent to deal with, very convenient pick-up available if you live in Sydney. Good website, easy to find and park at. One of the best things is they are generally very competitive on price. 8/10 they come up one of the cheapest when comparing goods and they have a massive range. I've pretty much always been able to source what I need from them.
Competitive pricing, pick-up available, huge range, parking available at shop front location, easy to locate, friendly staff.
Could process orders for pick-up a lot faster sometimes.

Daniel
Daniel

Got faulty product took 2 months a mountain of emails and phone calls to get refunded

I bought an Antec external battery in March, but it was faulty and did not work. I returned it and got a return recepit email but that is when the so far good process broke down. After that they did nothing, ignored my emails for 2 weeks, I called, they said they would process the refunded but again did nothing for 3 weeks then I emailed again and they processed the refund but did not make me aware of it by letting me know they did it. Just a nightmare from beginning to end, would never trust them again to buy anything when there is super good service around from the likes of Scorptec, etc.

A nightmare when it comes to receiving a faulty product and getting refunded for it.

Pana Maliadis
Pana MaliadisMelbourne

Poor client communication and handling

Exchange policy includes: if they do not sell a high volume of a certain product you can't exchange. You have three days to exchange once you have received your item. Product exchanges do not include customer incorrect pick. Client was happy to lose a business prospect quite easily, must be doing quite well off the business, surprising as there communication was the poorest I have ever encountered.

I believe they would scrape the barrel int terms of customer retention. With the amount of competitors.

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
mdb_
mdb_Sydney

Quick and easy, very happy

Ordered a Big Jambox. It was listed as in stock and arrived by courier approximately 48 hours later. Very happy with the experience. The website was easy to use. I had no need to contact customer support. The only negative I can come up with is that there is a surcharge for AMEX.
quick delivery, easy ordering process
amex surcharge

Terrible Company

First, items which were "In stock" on the website were not really in stock. Second, I've had to pay re-shipping fees twice because their courier can't find one of the most prominent addreses in Sydney, this wasn't my fault so I don't see why I had to pay. Save yourself the trouble and order from another website. And then getting a refund is a whole different problem.

kirlam
kirlamSydney, NSW

Don't meet promise on order times

Ordered a product that showed 3-5 days delivery. Took just under four weeks for the order to be delivered. Sending an email asking them when I could expect delivery was ignored. No excuse for this sort of shoddy service these days. I get that sometimes things go wrong but judging by other reviews on this site this seems to be pretty normal for this company. I wouldn't use again.
I received the poduct I ordered
Delivery too slow, non responsive

Waiting after 3 months

Ordered a thermaltake headset stand. After 2 weeks without contact I emailed in regards to the matter. 3 months on after sending numerous emails left phone messages and still waiting. Worst service I have ever recieved. With so many online IT stores will be shopping elswere. Obviously they do not care about their customers.

No service and left without my product after paying for it

Treated me like a liar

I won't buy from these guys again. My iPad mini cover was not only 2 weeks late (the website initially said available when I ordered), but then it was delivered (and signed for) by someone who was not me, and not at my house. Whilst Australia Post are investigating, they pretty much said "here's the proof of delivery" and left it at that. I have had to push very hard to get a replacement- You would think that they would treat customers with more respect. Most people aren't trying to steal stuff. Even if I was trying to do something wrong, why would I waste my time over $35?.

These guys are simply ordering in as required- they don't have a warehouse. Dodgy brothers.

Still don't have it 6 weeks later

terrible

i have been talking with the manager named James wafer about the order ETA for several times, but he just kept saying that we need another 2~3 working days, and i am still waiting for it. i could feel he didnt even want to talk to his customer.

personally i dont think techbuy is under good manage because of the manager.

manager reflects the management. terrible

Still great after many years on line.

Great overall experience. Techbuy's web site is comprehensive and easy to navigate and shop. They were able to supply a graphics card with a harder to find, older, AGP interface. Leon in pre-sales replied to my e-mails almost immediately, knowledgably and courteously when I needed more technical details. They shipped promptly and I received it in good order. My nex purchase was just as enjoyable. I have been using Techbuy for many years and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Efficient, comprehensive, reliable and fast.

gerard86
gerard86Sydney

So easy!

Techbuy's website and process made the order completion and delivery tracking process easier than I've found with lots on online stores - I didn't need to set up an account when paying with Paypal but was easily able to track my delivery. Even better than that, I placed my order at lunchtime one day and had the goods in my hand by the next afternoon.
Easy, fast, helpful

shirley04
shirley04Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

extremely poor customer service

Dave Brown
Dave BrownCHATSWOOD

Dishonest

Ordered Power Adaptor with written instructions requiring urgent delivery. Prepayment was conditional on confirmation within two days that order had been sent.

After four days and numerous unanswered emails, I threatened to register complaint with the ACCC (Scamwatch) and NSW Police. Techbuy then rang,stating the item was about to be mailed.

Techbuy did not send the item by express post which was ordered and paid for.

Nine days later Australia Post cannot find the item.

Four days ago I demanded cancelation of the order and full refund, but TechBuy have simply failed to respond.

Nondelivery of item - Will not refund money - Will not respond to complaints

cookie16
cookie16Merrimac

very professional

ordered a crash cam then read the reviews ! I know wrong way to do it really was worried thinking maybe i had done the wrong thing but all my fears were shot down in flames ordered last Friday arrived today Teusday best service ever don't know what happened with the other reviewers but would recomend to anybody. Unlike the last site I tried to buy same product all I got was excuses after 1 month got a refund from Paypal
everything not a problem at all
nothing as advertised service was perfect

wildboyriver
wildboyriverAU

Any smoother it would be teflon coated!

Ferro27
Ferro27Dunbogan Nsw

How not to treat an Online customer!

Joram
JoramSydney

Fast refund

I ordered a HP 85 magenta print-head and was notified that the product was on back order with an ETA of 30/05/2012 I emailed them to ask for a refund as the delivery date will be to late for a deadline.

They immediately canceled the order and refunded the money trough PayPal
Fast respons

2SpookySouth East Queensland, QLD

Oh man, Why did I bother?

worst net experience ever

i brought a camera off them, in stock
then a email out of stock, then a email off them saying they couldn't get it, would i like a different camera, said no and asked for refund
was told 1 month for refund to be processed by banks
month latter no money, told must have been over looked, be another month
rang bank, said what happened, money was back in account in 2 days
quick to take your money
no care once they have your money

Rakkhi
RakkhiPERTH

Made it impossible for me to pay

Unfortunately I only checked these reviews after I placed an order. These guys made it as hard for me pay as possible. Firstly I got an email saying I need to verify my credit card. After I chose to pay with paypal instead they cancelled my order saying my paypal account was not verified when it clearly is and I have made many purcheses on it before.

very bad service. made it impossible to pay

Melissa18
Melissa18SYDNEY

Do not buy from TechBuy

Extremely slow and rude staff..

I ordered a battery online which did not fix my problem when I received it, when I contacted Techbuy to return they were extremely rude on the phone. One staff member even hung up on me! Their returns policy is very ambigious..I would not recommend Techbuy to anyone.

Disorganised, Misleading, Rude Customer Service team