Tefal Cook4Me+

Tefal Cook4Me+ Questions & Answers

CY8518 (Black), CY8515 (Red), CY8511 (White)

27 questions from our users

Speleo

Speleoasked

Cook4Me+

Just wondering what happened to my review here!

Lynette S.asked

Cook4Me+

How can I open the cook for me with out the pot in there. I would like a answer please.

Lynette S.

Would like a answers please

Wendy S.

Wendy S.asked

Cook4Me+

I have had my Tefal Cook4Me + for sometime and have now noticed that the lid has bubbled, which never happened before. I don't understand why this has happened. Please help me as I don't know how to fix it and I think it is no longer under warranty. I can be contacted by mobile 0409 990 853, e-mail: springs.gems@gmail.com. Thank you. Wendy

Ana Dasked

Cook4Me+

I'm considering to purchase this product, but I'm wondering if I can install or I can see Japanese version of recipes.

ninkasi

I just checked on mine, and there were no options for Japanese or other Asian languages. You can install the 'cook4me' app and see if there are any recipes you like - there are a handful of 'Japanese inspired' dishes in there.... but frankly if you want Japanese recipes then although you won't get the pressure cooking option you might be better off saving up for a Tiger rice cooker instead. ;-)

Ana D

Thank you for your kind reply. I didn't know there is 'cook4me' app. So I'll install and check it first. Thank you.

Speleo

Speleoasked

Cook4Me+

there is no suggestion about removing the icons from the display above the ok control. Will it just light up when I plug it in???

ninkasi

If the power is on but the screen off, pressing any button should brings the screen back to life. If the unit is powered off, yes the screen with the icons will appear again once the power is switched back on.

Hat

Hatasked

Cook4Me+

Set to German by mistake. How do I reset to English. I have a Cook4Me Tefal cost $400

Unhappy Fishy
Unhappy Fishy

I think you do a hard reset and then select the language again. I think there is a code for the hard reset which you can get from your local Tefal centre

ninkasi

Select the double gear icon next to the power icon on the screen and press ok. Highlight the icon that displays the picture of the world. Press Ok button. Select English. Press Ok button. Select Australia. Press Ok button. Done. :-)

Margaret W.asked

Cook4Me+

Where do I find steam, saute, slow cook on the function button

ninkasi

There is no dedicated 'steam' button - this is done by adding water to the bowl, putting in the steamer basket with the food you want steamed, closing the lid and using the pressure cook function. On the app you can read through some of the recipes to get an idea of how these might be used as well as example cooking times (eg 'steamed sweet chilli salmon'). The term "sauté" means to cook something quickly in oil - this is done by selecting 'classic cooking' and choosing the higher temperature 'browning' option. Once it is heated, add oil and sauté your food. Similarly there is no dedicated 'slow cook' button. It's not really a slow cooker (you'll find that for the most part people use this to make dishes that taste like they've been slow cooked but in a fraction of the time). Dishes like lamb shanks are slow cook recipes that would normally take 3 hours or more, but instead take less than an hour due to the pressure cooking. Think of it as a fast 'slow cooker', if that makes any sense! If you want to do actual slow cooking with this (ie without using the pressure cooker feature) then it could possibly be done by using either 'classic cooking' with the 'gentle cooking' option (with the lid slightly open), or by using the 'keep warm' option with the lid closed. For the most part though, if you want to slow cook you may be better off using a dedicated slow cooker.

Margaret W.

Thank you, your answer much appreciated .

Maree B.asked

Cook4Me+

Just bought my tefal cook4me. It is letting steam out the side and mainly the handles is this normal? Otherwise it is great.

julielu

I don't think so but i would need to re-check/experiment ....
I think it should release from the vent ..
It's also difficult to gauge, as may depend on the contents.
Eg. Does it always happen across various recipes or just occasionally or maybe on the amount of fluid inside..
But.. it could be a seal issue. Is there any matter stuck on it...
The seal is meant to be replaced 2 yrly or if damaged. And for that it needs to go to a service agent according to the warranty/instructions. :(
(I have never replaced a seal from either this or the other removable seal type machine so far, but I would think the the seal is meant to stop leaking from where you mention. )
It may pay you to actually check with Groupe Seb asap -they're very good over the ph.

Maree B.

It is brand new ,have cook 3 meals in it. It does have stem come from the vent as well as the sides. How do I contact Groupe Deb? Thanks for your help.

julielu

see at https://www.tefal.com.au/consumer-services/contact-us-m ... But looks like closed on w/ends for ph. ( I just found that the Service no. is also tagged on my cord.)
I'm about to just run mine to max fill with water and watch what happens..... will get back later with result....
Keep using it meanwhile as it will just shut down if it were something dangerous.
Do keep a "diary" of the recipe/s being used so you have more info for your call.
Eg: Whether it has acted the same right from first use or when it started.
Also when exactly the steam is being released: eg before it comes to pressure and starts counting down the recipe time / during the cooking /or at the end of the cook - these will give clues to the Tefal adviser.
It may just come down to there being a lot of water in the recipes being used and therefore "normal".
There also is a chance that one of the vents has something partially blocking (the release holes are tiny)and so the pressure release has to go somewhere else. (I still think that means it's ok in terms of the potential danger of TOO much pressure though.) Thanks for the reply feed back too.

guy53

guy53asked

Cook4Me+

Hi my machine won’t switch on anymore! In the manual of I am reading correctly u are suppose to unscrew kid inside for cleaning
Is this correct as this could be the problem? But how do I do this???? Sorry I did love my machine!

julielu

Does it come on, in the other settings, that don't need the lid down... if so its NOT a lid clean problem. ie are the classic cooking functions working?

To clean : Yes unscrew the Middle round nut on the inside of the lid to disassemble it from the outer lid. But this is just for ease of handling. It is more important to clean ALL foodstuff from the vent and valve.

Check that the movable rod (the pressure regulating valve i think) with nuts on each side (front and back of inner lid) can actually move as I believe that it is crucial for building pressure in the unit and maybe if it has stuck it may have triggered a sensor shut down (?)

There is a silicon plug on end of that movable valve which can be popped off to remove the rod totally, for cleaning its tiny release hole. (Soaked in hot soapy water).

Also u can unscrew the black metal ball housing at back of inner lid (careful as its hard and heavy if you don't prevent it from dropping!) and then the tiny release vent can be cleaned. (soaked)

It is only a 2 yr (?) warranty so I would not delay in contacting Groupe Seb for advice...

Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal

Hi guy53, we hope you were able to get your issue resolved but in case you need anything further or are still looking for some help our team is available on 1300 307 824 (9am - 5pm AEST) for further assistance. Alternatively you can fill out the webform here for contact via email. https://www.tefal.com.au/consumer-services/contact-us-m

- Team Tefal

Sherri

Sherriasked

Cook4Me+

I have just undone the box and set it up but the menu has started but I cant set english and country

Hi Sheri,
Press "ok" then dial around to the "Settings" Icon-cogs, at the bottom R side of the options. Press ok then > countries/languages, press ok > English, press ok >Australia. Note that there are ALSO more recipe options available by choosing the UK option under english too! then you re set ready to go......

Glenda M.

Glenda M.asked

Hi Does this model come with a basket as I don’t have one. Thanks

Susy
Susy

Hi yes mine came with a steam basket

Tom R.

Tom R.asked

What is difference 15 and 18 models? Tom

the colour

Patricia O.

Patricia O.asked

Cook4Me+

Difference between cook for me and new one plus

julielu

More power - hence faster heat, better browning and quicker pressure; nicer control panel design (no rudolf reindeer button and purple handles) and double the in-built recipes!

Yvonne

Yvonneasked

Cook4Me+

I received my Cook4me+ today and l have read all instructions. I unpacked the machine and then turned the handle to the unlock position and tried to open it. It opened about 2cm and would not go any further, so l was wondering if something maybe stopping it from inside as all of the rest of the items are inside of the cooker. I will not force it, so l am looking for some advice as to what l can try without force please. Thanks.

Wayno

In the lid is the locking mechanism just turn it then lid will lock and unlock

julielu

Yvonne wondering if you got it to unlock ?

petaandjoeasked

Cook4Me+ CY8518 (Black)

My cook4me + has 3times stopped cooking & returned to the start ,leaving us with th meal partly cooked or just started. Is it a software fault in the recipes ?And what can I do to stop this happening Please?

Have had same problem
Found that if inside bowl you have a max line don't go over as this will cause it to stop I have experimented few times to working out didn't recipes overall very good machine recipes are good but you can also make your own as well good luck

julielu

Yes, its mostly the sensor telling you something, and sometimes you'll get the code....., but mostly, it has overheated. This can be caused by burnt bits on base from browning, too-thick liquids, especially tomato puree or insufficient water in the bowl to bring it to pressure. The cure is to stir before restarting and maybe add a little extra cold fluid too, or check that sufficient fluids went in .... choose from the in-built recipes before cooking on manual to help to learn quantities. Thicken after pressure cooking via the "classic cooking" option is a tip... Of course if it repeatedly gives u grief call Groupe Seb Australia to discuss..

teganjl

teganjlasked

Cook4Me+

I have accidentally poured water into my Tefal without the pot in it. The water has leaked out through the vents underneath. Has anyone else been as silly as myself and done this? If so, what did you do? Suggestions welcome from all! Thanks.

julielu

LOL! Yes! Into a different brand. I tipped it up, let it drain, dried what was wet and let it sit unused for a period.... Tried it again one day and it worked. But easier to ring Groups Seb Australia to make sure!

John d.

John d.asked

Cook4Me+

I like to cook on manual there are recipes for manual cooking on the tefal Cook4Me

Dan. L.
Dan. L.

Thanks for the advice John. I've just downloaded the Cook2Me app as well, so I'll try out those options.

Wayno

I find experimenting with recipes on screen and add few extra ingredients
Try pumpkin soup add zucchini as well lovely or tablespoon of crush ginger beautiful

petaandjoeasked

Cook4Me+

I got the 8518 for xmas,but haven't been able to use it because on setting up it seems I must have accidentall clicked on German language instead of English,have been turning the dial,but cannot find settings to change language Can you help please?

petaandjoe

I eventually worked it out myself,but could have done with some help ,being an older person,pity the questions do not often get answered!

julielu

Congratulations! I had to eventually call Tefal ..... Like you i got mine to use for Xmas (2018) and hurried to get out the first recipe. (So maybe I skipped the language set-up-perhaps it was set to UK / or I just selected English without going into the options. I didnt realise for 6 mths until I saw the C4M+ being demonstrated on TV and doing "Fish Curry" which is not on the UK recipe options... The girl at Tefal twigged immediately and walked me through the process to change it. Very simple in the end, LOL.

Baden L.

Baden L.asked

Cook4Me+

So I am really confused. I just purchased this machine and I have tried four of the inbuilt recipes. The ingredients are been added to a T but when I try to cook the recipe it keeps telling me to add more water. So I add more water and it happens again, I add more water and then my what is meant to be ten minute cooking time turns into another 20 minutes because it is so wet..... Is my machine dodgy or is this normal?

Jessica H.
Jessica H.

Try stirring the meal and let it sit for 5 minutes before eating.

Wayno

Thear is a max line on inside of bowl
As well
I have had mine for 2yrs now I have tried all recipes make a few of your own as well use manual setting you can adjust time yourself

julielu

Perhaps the C4M+Machine advice to "add more water" is not particularly useful... just last night i realised that the liquid (coconut milk) had all but disappeared in the stirring in stage of my own recipe concoction, so i experimented with clearing a small space are in middle of inner pot (OVER THE SENSOR) and adding just a tiny amount of cold water - a dollop /1-2 tbs - and set it to Pressure only needing 2 mins ...
It worked! So i am pretty sure that "add water" also means the middle is too hot and that can be fixed other ways which cool the area that set off the sensor warning, before re-starting the process. Advice: More Experimenting!

brad

bradasked

Cook4Me+ CY8518 (Black)

Hi The silver part on top cooker has started to bubble is this covered?

julielu

It is not clear what is referred to. It doesn’t sound right/ good. Don’t delay, ring Groupe Seb Australia - no. in your box or google it - and discuss before returning it to your retailer.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Tefal Cook4Me+