Tefal Everyday IH201860

Tefal Everyday IH201860 Questions & Answers

MPN: IH201860

6 questions from our users

julieluasked

Please clarify that the photo and reviews herein correspond to the IH201860 model

Corey

Not sure of the model number. It looks the same as mine. Same buttons. I highly recommend buying 3 year warranty as can be done at Good Guys as I’ve gone through 3 of these already in less than 2 years. Easy replacement when you have a 3 year warranty (concierge I think they call it) and it’s only about $30 extra from memory. I’m happy to pay the extra money to know I’ve got something that will last 3 years

julielu

Lol at ironic answer to buy the extended warranty as they predictably fail... However In a roundabout way i think u gave me the answer as yours sounds like the previous model -maybe a IH201840- if you have had 3 in <2 years... Many thanks I really appreciate that u took time to contribute :)

Hi Julie,

Wow, the formality of that question!! Lol

Anyway, sorry, you asked too late. You may have noticed that I have been deeply disappointed with this unit in my review and the subsequent comment I put in thereafter.

I have since thrown this in the bin so I cannot confirm the model number, although I expect that I would have quoted the right one in the beginning (there is no reason for me to not).

I recently replaced it with something I got from China. I won't be reviewing it as it would be useless information to most people here (it's not like they would be able to buy it). Let's just say that it's a great replacement, but still not perfect in my books and I'm still searching for the best.

Cheers,
Shaun

新博 楼.

新博 楼.asked

How well does this keep cooking in low temperature? I know some induction hubs heat intermittently which is not good for slow cook.

S Tam

Yes, still does that but there is no such thing as low temperature. This thing boils like crazy even at the lowest setting.

Corey

I agree. There is no gentle simmering. You do get variation but even on the lowest level it will boil; and it is intermittent pulsing. I still find it very helpful though as I just don’t have the time to be in the kitchen as long as I once did. I really enjoy the fact that you can time your cooking and it will automatically go off at the time you set. So when you get used to what kind of food or meal needs to be cooked a certain way and for how long, you can walk away and know that it will be done and there is no danger of burning food. The high heat levels are great for stir frying and getting a pot heated up super quickly. Generally I have found that if you are using lots of liquid in a pot you can cook for a reasonable long time but if you’re only using a small amount of liquid, forget the slow cooking. You’ll burn your food and equipment every time.

Corey

If you’ve got the money you could look at buying a quality rice cooker/ slow cooker. Japanese and Korean versions I think are the best. They’ve got some really amazing technology in their products. .

Kath

Kathasked

Can claypot be used in this induction cooker?

blinkybill
blinkybill

Clay pots can't be used on any induction cooker. They are not magnetic.

Rod

Rodasked

Difference Tefal induction job oh 201860 & ih201840?

Celia t

I am only familiar with the everyday IH201860. I am very happy with this model. It has all the features you need. Using manual mode you can select any power level and adjust as required. I have given it a good workout and it has cooked every dish perfectly and quicker as the heat is instant, not like an electric hob which had to warm up. Preset levels are useful but not necessary as you can do the same thing in manial mode. Hoe this helps.

waytogohere

waytogohereasked

How well does this turn down, e.g. for making white sauce or melting butter without burning it?

Rosco513

You have a full range of 'heat' settings. from warm to boil. Induction hobs are very responsive and changes to cooking temperatures are almost instantaneous.

Celia t

It turns down almost instantly. If I am making sauces or gravy, custard etc the heat milk mode works well as it heats gently. If you use manual mode start with P2 and use the minus or plus buttons to adjust you will quickly become familiar with tbe power levels.

Barryasked

Where can I purchase a Tegal model number lHINT20 lH201860 Induction cook top

Rick
Rick

Just recently I bought mine at Myers on sale for 120.00 normally they are 140.00, although some Goodguys carry them as well. best to call ahead to see if they are in stock.

Rosco513

They had them on sale at Betta Electrical, with a bonus frypan

Barry

What is the difference between a tefal IH201860 Induction portable cook top & a tefal IH201840 induction portable cook top thanks

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives