Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Listing monitored by Tefal

36 questions from our users

Deleen
Deleen asked

I bought an oleoclean two weeks ago but it was burning the outside of the chips after six minutes even on 160 degrees. I brought it back to the store and got a new one, it is still doing the same thing. Can anyone advise? thanks

Derek A.
Derek A.

Reading other reviews I got the idea that some of these machines don’t heat the oil to the right set temp. I think you should use a thermometer to test the oil temp.

Sandra
Sandraasked

I have a TEFAL Oleoclean Pro FR804040 Deep Fryer - Stainless Steel. I have pressed the reset button because it wouldnt work today. It still isn't working. What can I do?

Margaret S.
Margaret S.

Just bought one and not heating up have pressed the reset button and still nothing

m b.
m b.asked

Appliance is not turning on
Pressed the reset button , nothing
Only second time used
And thoughts ?

Michael K.
Michael K.asked

Does this only operate as a deep fryer?

Yes. Just deep frying.

Love2Bake

Hi Michael, the instructions only specify to be used for deep frying.
Cheers

Patricia
Patricia

How do I change the batteries in my Oleoclean Pro

Elodieasked

Hello, we've had our Oleo fryer for about 9 months. recently it's started to come to a rolling boil AFTER we've removed the contents and even after it's been switched off. It's quite scary as the boil is quite intense. It feels like a fault in the system? Any ideas?

Love2Bake

Hi , sounds faulty , I use mine a lot it has never done that , are you only using the oil that it advises? Anyway you said even continues boil when off so I would contact faults.

Elodie

Thank you! It doesn't happen every time, it's a bit sporadic. I'll contact faults.

Hotelathome

That doesn't sound right at all. It's probably a faulty thermostat - the unit doesn't realise it has hit the correct temperature and keeps trying to heat.

Peter W.

Peter W.
Peter W.asked

What are the dimensions of FR8040

Stephasked

Can someone please help? Oil filtration isn’t releasing the oil into the Oil box! Oil is cool and I have turned the dial to the right that says automatic oil filtration.

I just received my tefal oleoclean deep fryer, and used it for the first time at lunch time. Left the dial on oil filtration after 3 hours and by night time, oil still not drained. What am I missing? Looked up YouTube and google, nothing helps my issue. Did I not remove something?? Appreciate any tips
SW

Love2Bake

Hi Steph , sounds like your filter grid is blocked, this has never happened to me but I suppose it depends on what you cooked in it, make sure fryer is unplugged ,now that it’s cold put a glove on and
try moving the crumbs away from the drain filter grid to unblock it ,you might need to do this a couple of times till it unblocks
If that doesn’t work empty oil in another container, clean filter with soapy warm water and press valve underneath to unblock it and release whatever is trapped.
good luck.

HedgeArmer
HedgeArmer

Love2Bake, sorry for jumping in. I have exactly the same issue as Steph. Brand new machine. I have used once today. I try the oil filtration and nothing. I have tried letting it cool completely, still no draining. I have removed all the oil, cleaned every thing, and just for fun tried the "automatic oil filtration" with only some clean water in the pan. It still does NOT want to drain. I can think of nothing else to try. Any suggestions before returning it on Monday?

Steph

Hi, thank you for your responses. Mine is user error and I suggest tefal should make it clearer on the manual or have FAQ advising users what to check when oil isn’t draining.

My error was I placed the oil container the wrong way like another user who wrote in the forum many months ago.

Sue Masked

About to use my oleoclean pro for the first time but im a bit confused about the automatic oil draining..do I switch it when finished cooking while oil is still hot, or do I wait 3 hours

El Rey

Wait till the oil has cooled. Also I once stuffed up and started refilling the oil while the dial was set to 'Remove the Reservoir' which is NOT GOOD. So be paranoid about making sure the dial is set to the right position at all times.

Sue M

Thanks for that, think I will put tray under the machine till I know what I'm doing

Hotelathome

You can turn it to automatic draining as soon as you have finished cooking. After you have unplugged the unit. The oil will not start to drain until it has cooled (about 3 hours) and this is an automatic feature. If you don't do it straight after you have finished cooking, you are likely to need to cook something again, before you remember to drain it, and be tempted to just use the oil that is in there. This is what will make the filter clog up and make cleaning harder.

Lida
Lidaasked

My tefal oleoclean is making a beeping sound whilst not switched on. How do I stop this beeping?

El Rey

The only thing I can think of is if the timer has been set - either deliberately or unintentionally, and it is going off after you have finished cooking. The timer is the small display screen and the black button near the temperature dial. It beeps softly when it reaches the time you have entered in.

mary
maryasked

Is the lid on oil container removable?

El Rey

The oil reservoir has a small pouring hole with a screw-on cap. You can’t take the top of it off so the only way to clean it would be to fill it with hot water and slosh it around, at least as far as I can see. Hope this helps, cheers.

Scammed
Scammed

The stupid container is two pieces. It has caught me out pouring out of a drain hole in the top of a two piece container is such a stupid idea when the weight force of the oil you are pouring out pushes the lid off and oil went everywhere be careful to pour slowly. such a stupid design. Read my review from "Scammed".....mine is in the bin don't waste your money if you haven't purchased yet. Simply buy a simple deep fryer that you empty by pouring out the top.
Don't fill with hot water as when you slosh around the lid WILL come off and may burn you be careful.

Suomy Nona
Suomy Nona

El Rey has provided incorrect information.
lid is easily removable - as the person 'Scammed' said, it comes off way too easily and spills oil everywhere when you try to empty it.
also, do not fill the oil even a centimetre above the max level line, it will cook much better with more oil, and you can cook more than one serve of chips at a time if you do, HOWEVER i awoke this morning after draining it overnight, to find oil all over my bench, and the oil wasnt even "over" the max level mark, it was level with the top of the max level mark.
i wish i had bought the cheaper Filtra Pro

Chris D.
Chris D.asked

for some reason the timer/buzzer will not activate on my Tefal Oleoclean Pro.
Apart from this, the temperature gauge is perfect.
I have tried, resetting it. Any help?

Paulasked

The oil is cold but won't drain after first use, the dial is in correct position. Any ideas?

El Rey

Is it the first time you've done it? My only thought is maybe something is clogging to filter the oil drains through. Otherwise it may be faulty. PS: the dial is to the right for draining and the left for removing the reservoir. You've got it turned to the right yes?

Gordon W.
Gordon W.

The oil reservoir may not be lined up properly - perhaps try removing and reinserting.

Paul

Thanks the oil container was in the wrong way its working fine now

Steve
Steveasked

My mum have a Tefal model F36-c, when she turn it on there is a beeping sound and 02 is on the display. It's relatively new as she don't use it (for a longtime now) u have clean it myself to make sure nothing is dirty and the noise is still there when I plugged it back in.
Can someone advise what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Jennifer C
Jennifer C

Sounds like the timer..press the black button twice until it reverts back to 0.00. Hopefully that will work

csutak40

If not, phoning Telfal may help

arnie
arnieasked

i need a new heating element and timer for my tefal deep fryer model no 804060
were to buy and how much

csutak40

I think you need to get in touch with Tefal, to find out if they sell them or where they send their repairs, and you may be able to buy from them

Lou
Louasked

is the basket made of stainless steel. if not what is it made of

csutak40

I thought I've answered this already:
I am not sure, but presume so, as the manual says: All the parts (except the control unit) are dishwasher safe. Sorry, can't fish it out ATM to have a look to say if there is a mark on the basket saying what it is, as I have a bulging disk ATM :-(
I presume you could phone them and they would tell you
Actually, just Googled... https://www.tefal.com.au/Cooking-appliances/Fryers/Oleoclean-Pro-FR8040/p/7211001657
Bowl coating Stainless steel

Lou
Louasked

what is the frying basket made of ? stainless steel

tezza
tezzaasked

How do I stop the beeping ? Once the timer started beeping I turned off the Fryer, then unplugged it but its still beeping

csutak40

Sounds like it is faulty - need to call Tefal to ask

Roz
Rozasked

Yesterday I bought my Tefal Oleoclean Pro + today I fried 4 kg of fish balls. Turned out great! I noticed that the oil was very dark but I was unprepared for what I found once oil was drained out. The residue was thick black syrupy stuff! Any ideas how that was formed from frying fish. . .! Cleaning of the main body of the machine IN THE DISHWASHER was a breeze! However I am not sure if the OIL BOX opens up completely to enable cleaning out the small residual traces of oil, remove the fishy smell and be able to dry it before returning it to the bottom of the machine. I did put water into empty box and shook it well but little beads of oil are still visible Any moisture left in the oil box could cause mould to grow, and maybe the smell of fish to linger. look forward to getting some answers. :)

csutak40

Did you have bread crumb (or flour) on the fish balls? That would burn and look black. Nothing to worry about.
So that I understand clearly... Did you remove the oil from the oil box? If you did, you can take its lid off and wash it thoroughly then make sure it dries completely before putting oil in it. Personally, I keep the oil box (with the filtered oil in it) in the fridge. It does take up a shelf, but (as I don't use it that often) I think the oil would go rancid kept in the pantry. Too much oil to go to waste.
BTW, fish smell is harder to remove from oil than other things, but it is possible to remove it. Here is a good link https://casaveneracion.com/remove-fishy-odor-and-taste-from-used-cooking-oil/ (the country I came from didn't have fresh ginger and we used potato. Ginger does work better)

Love2Bake

Hi Roz , yes the oil box does come apart it’s like a Tupperware container with a lid ,make sure you seal it well after cleaning or next time when you pour oil out of the whole it might come apart and make a big mess.

Nanny 69
Nanny 69asked

How many uses do you get out of vegetable oil its just cost me £5?
It says 5 uses of sunflower oil then change but nothing on vegetable oil.

Robert
Robert

I change mine when I think it dosent smell right or it gets too dark , Just work on when think its no good , I think the longest ive use it is 10 times before changing the oil but that was mostly chips

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Other Deep Fryers