Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

MPN: FR8040

25 questions from our users

Chris D.

Chris D.asked

for some reason the timer/buzzer will not activate on my Tefal Oleoclean Pro.
Apart from this, the temperature gauge is perfect.
I have tried, resetting it. Any help?

Paulasked

The oil is cold but won't drain after first use, the dial is in correct position. Any ideas?

El Rey
El Rey

Is it the first time you've done it? My only thought is maybe something is clogging to filter the oil drains through. Otherwise it may be faulty. PS: the dial is to the right for draining and the left for removing the reservoir. You've got it turned to the right yes?

Gordon W.
Gordon W.

The oil reservoir may not be lined up properly - perhaps try removing and reinserting.

Paul

Thanks the oil container was in the wrong way its working fine now

Steve

Steveasked

My mum have a Tefal model F36-c, when she turn it on there is a beeping sound and 02 is on the display. It's relatively new as she don't use it (for a longtime now) u have clean it myself to make sure nothing is dirty and the noise is still there when I plugged it back in.
Can someone advise what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Jennifer C
Jennifer C

Sounds like the timer..press the black button twice until it reverts back to 0.00. Hopefully that will work

csutak40

If not, phoning Telfal may help

arnie

arnieasked

i need a new heating element and timer for my tefal deep fryer model no 804060
were to buy and how much

csutak40

I think you need to get in touch with Tefal, to find out if they sell them or where they send their repairs, and you may be able to buy from them

Lou

Louasked

is the basket made of stainless steel. if not what is it made of

csutak40

I thought I've answered this already:
I am not sure, but presume so, as the manual says: All the parts (except the control unit) are dishwasher safe. Sorry, can't fish it out ATM to have a look to say if there is a mark on the basket saying what it is, as I have a bulging disk ATM :-(
I presume you could phone them and they would tell you
Actually, just Googled... https://www.tefal.com.au/Cooking-appliances/Fryers/Oleoclean-Pro-FR8040/p/7211001657
Bowl coating Stainless steel

Lou

Louasked

what is the frying basket made of ? stainless steel

tezza

tezzaasked

How do I stop the beeping ? Once the timer started beeping I turned off the Fryer, then unplugged it but its still beeping

csutak40

Sounds like it is faulty - need to call Tefal to ask

Roz

Rozasked

Yesterday I bought my Tefal Oleoclean Pro + today I fried 4 kg of fish balls. Turned out great! I noticed that the oil was very dark but I was unprepared for what I found once oil was drained out. The residue was thick black syrupy stuff! Any ideas how that was formed from frying fish. . .! Cleaning of the main body of the machine IN THE DISHWASHER was a breeze! However I am not sure if the OIL BOX opens up completely to enable cleaning out the small residual traces of oil, remove the fishy smell and be able to dry it before returning it to the bottom of the machine. I did put water into empty box and shook it well but little beads of oil are still visible Any moisture left in the oil box could cause mould to grow, and maybe the smell of fish to linger. look forward to getting some answers. :)

csutak40

Did you have bread crumb (or flour) on the fish balls? That would burn and look black. Nothing to worry about.
So that I understand clearly... Did you remove the oil from the oil box? If you did, you can take its lid off and wash it thoroughly then make sure it dries completely before putting oil in it. Personally, I keep the oil box (with the filtered oil in it) in the fridge. It does take up a shelf, but (as I don't use it that often) I think the oil would go rancid kept in the pantry. Too much oil to go to waste.
BTW, fish smell is harder to remove from oil than other things, but it is possible to remove it. Here is a good link https://casaveneracion.com/remove-fishy-odor-and-taste-from-used-cooking-oil/ (the country I came from didn't have fresh ginger and we used potato. Ginger does work better)

Nanny 69

Nanny 69asked

How many uses do you get out of vegetable oil its just cost me £5?
It says 5 uses of sunflower oil then change but nothing on vegetable oil.

Robert

I change mine when I think it dosent smell right or it gets too dark , Just work on when think its no good , I think the longest ive use it is 10 times before changing the oil but that was mostly chips

Michael Weise

Michael Weiseasked

Been using the device for quite a while. Noticed, that oil drainage via the valve takes longer each time. Currently, even 2 days were not enough: the valve appears blocked. How do I clean it? It seems to be not really dismountable. Thanks.

csutak40

I honestly don't know. Haven't used it often enough, I suppose. Maybe calling them, they may be able to offer advice?

Ian

Ianasked

How do you change the battery in the timer? This is not covered in the manual.

Blair G

Blair Gasked

Our Fryer is making a funny whirring/alarm type sound (even though the unit is completely switched off and unplugged from the wall. Anyone know what this could be? We've had it for a year or more and never done this before. We used it today and not sure if it was making the sound whilst in use, but since turning off it's been there for last 2-3 hrs and continuing to make the noise.

Rip S

Rip Sasked

Is the oil container OK for putting in the dishwasher? I note that the ad states "everything removable" but I would like confirmation that it includes the plastic oil container.

Robert

Only lazy people own a so called dishwasher , it is a rinse not a washer

Terry J.
Terry J.

I would advise to read the manual to see if it says the plastic is dishwasher safe, however given it is designed to capture oil from a deep fryer, logic would suggest the plastic would cope with a dishwasher. Personally I wash everything by hand as that is the only way you would ever get it clean. I have not washed the plastic oil container yet. As per my review I have opted to simply emptying the oil into an old 4L oil container using a funnel, when I am cleaning the unit or replacing the oil. The drain system easily clogs and the time it takes to try and get the oil to drain when this happens frustrates me, so as I said I just lift it out and pour it. Note: obviously do this only when the oil is cold!!.

csutak40

I don't know if it is or isn't dishwasher safe, but the manual definitely says to wait for the oil to cool before draining it into the container, so it obviously not safe for hot oil.

lynn

lynnasked

Can I buy a new heating element for my fryer?

Robert

Hi , Yes you can , All parts are available because I saw the parts list before I purchased one to makes sure that I could buy it also

Dagmar L

Dagmar Lasked

Why has my Oleocleaner deep fryer stopped working after the first time? I flicked the switch on the fryer when the oil had cooled so it could start cleaning itself. Poured the clean oil back in the following day, placed the tray back in, put the internal component back in and switched it on but the light didn't come on. Fryer was plugged in and the power on but it didn't hear up. VERY disappointing for a $179. Only 1 month old.

Robert

Press the reset switch also check the thermostat element which is in between the heating element for damage

Graham Johnson

I think I would return it to the store I bought it from. At least it would still be under warranty and should be replaced.Yhe dealer should either replace it or have it repaired. First off I would make sure that the powerpoint is not faulty by plugging a light or something similar into it.

Nicole B

Nicole Basked

Does this fryer use lard or vegetable/canola/rice bran type oil?

Khaleesi
Khaleesi

The manual doesn't recommend you to use lard or nut oils. But it does go on to say, if you MUST use lard, to melt it over a saucepan first rather than throwing the (semi) solids straight in.

csutak40asked

I have a question. I have been deep frying all my life and never used a lid. My grandmother told me you musn't as the food won't be as crispy. So, how come that new deep-fryers all come with a lid?
I have two ancient Sunbeams that don't seem to want to die. I really wish they would (or at least one of them) so that I could buy one of these with the filter. That is the reason I often think twice before deciding to deep fry something - the clean up afterwards. I have an oil container I strain the oil into (using a coffee filter) but it is a real pain

Sammie
Sammie

I have been using this deep fryer for quite a few months now. It’s the only deep fryer I know that has the oil box down below and that makes cleaning much easier.

Pro: heats up pretty quickly
I can empty a bottle of new oil into the container while the dirty oil stays in the oil box. I then empty the oil box into the oil container and dispose of the dirty oil safely
I prefer the normal temperature knob rather than the new fancy ones that shows u pictures of the kind of food u r frying
The filter helps with the smell of fried food all over the house, not to mention the spitting when u empty frozen food into the basket that are covered in frost
HOWEVER, steam accumulates on the lid so be careful when removing the lid. Tilt the lid on its side away from the fryer

Cons: light indicator goes off when temperature is right. Too easy to leave the fryer switched on and not know it. Would prefer there to be a green and red light
Oil box is plastic so I Can’t clean it out straight after cooking. Requires planning for oil change. Would prefer the oil box to be able to take hot oil
It’s taller than other deep fryers (I’m short)

Bottom line: most practical deep fryer I have seen if you use it a lot. I like frying my chips in a deep fryer and I only use Rice Bran oil so having this fryer is great. Most parts goes in the dishwasher. Can’t ask for more

Hi,

Presumably one could leave the lid off while cooking. We use ours for chips with the lid in place and they seem to be nice and crisp on the outside.

Susie

Susieasked

Have just purchased the Tefal Oleoclean and used it once the oil won't drain. Any help?

Navarth
Navarth

You should make sure that the knob on the front of the unit is in the "oil box" position when you either insert or remove the oil box. When frying, the knob should be vertical and after frying the knob should be over to the right in the drain position. The oil will only drain into the oil box when the temperature is low enough to activate the draining valve and may take a couple of hours. The knob slides the black plastic shroud on the oil box into the correct position to allow the oil into the box, check that it is not damaged or broken. When the oil has all been transferred to the oil box we place it in the fridge for next time.....

Pauline

Paulineasked

Why wont the oil drain inyo cassette underneath, doesnt the lid of cassette need to be removed?

Shani

No you don't need to touch the cassette at all......you change the dial on the front of the machine

Tracy Vallance

Tracy Vallanceasked

Where can i buy a new oil container?

Shani

I can't answer that you would need to contact Tefal direct

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives