Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPN: FR8040
Listing monitored by Tefal

36 questions from our users

Michael Weise
Michael Weiseasked

Been using the device for quite a while. Noticed, that oil drainage via the valve takes longer each time. Currently, even 2 days were not enough: the valve appears blocked. How do I clean it? It seems to be not really dismountable. Thanks.

csutak40

I honestly don't know. Haven't used it often enough, I suppose. Maybe calling them, they may be able to offer advice?

Ianasked

How do you change the battery in the timer? This is not covered in the manual.

Joe
Joe

Ian did you find out how to change the battery. I have the same problem and there doesn’t seem to be an answer

Ian

We have two of them, and two years down the track we are still very happy, and the batteries are working. My guess is that they have hard-wired rechargeable batteries that are expected to last the life of the fryer, but no one ever got back to me about it.

Ralph C.
Ralph C.

timer battery is dead on mine after just two years. So, no.

Blair G
Blair Gasked

Our Fryer is making a funny whirring/alarm type sound (even though the unit is completely switched off and unplugged from the wall. Anyone know what this could be? We've had it for a year or more and never done this before. We used it today and not sure if it was making the sound whilst in use, but since turning off it's been there for last 2-3 hrs and continuing to make the noise.

Rip S
Rip Sasked

Is the oil container OK for putting in the dishwasher? I note that the ad states "everything removable" but I would like confirmation that it includes the plastic oil container.

Robert

Only lazy people own a so called dishwasher , it is a rinse not a washer

Terry J.
Terry J.

I would advise to read the manual to see if it says the plastic is dishwasher safe, however given it is designed to capture oil from a deep fryer, logic would suggest the plastic would cope with a dishwasher. Personally I wash everything by hand as that is the only way you would ever get it clean. I have not washed the plastic oil container yet. As per my review I have opted to simply emptying the oil into an old 4L oil container using a funnel, when I am cleaning the unit or replacing the oil. The drain system easily clogs and the time it takes to try and get the oil to drain when this happens frustrates me, so as I said I just lift it out and pour it. Note: obviously do this only when the oil is cold!!.

csutak40

I don't know if it is or isn't dishwasher safe, but the manual definitely says to wait for the oil to cool before draining it into the container, so it obviously not safe for hot oil.

lynn
lynnasked

Can I buy a new heating element for my fryer?

Robert

Hi , Yes you can , All parts are available because I saw the parts list before I purchased one to makes sure that I could buy it also

Dagmar L
Dagmar Lasked

Why has my Oleocleaner deep fryer stopped working after the first time? I flicked the switch on the fryer when the oil had cooled so it could start cleaning itself. Poured the clean oil back in the following day, placed the tray back in, put the internal component back in and switched it on but the light didn't come on. Fryer was plugged in and the power on but it didn't hear up. VERY disappointing for a $179. Only 1 month old.

Robert

Press the reset switch also check the thermostat element which is in between the heating element for damage

Graham Johnson

I think I would return it to the store I bought it from. At least it would still be under warranty and should be replaced.Yhe dealer should either replace it or have it repaired. First off I would make sure that the powerpoint is not faulty by plugging a light or something similar into it.

Nicole B
Nicole Basked

Does this fryer use lard or vegetable/canola/rice bran type oil?

Khaleesi
Khaleesi

The manual doesn't recommend you to use lard or nut oils. But it does go on to say, if you MUST use lard, to melt it over a saucepan first rather than throwing the (semi) solids straight in.

csutak40asked

I have a question. I have been deep frying all my life and never used a lid. My grandmother told me you musn't as the food won't be as crispy. So, how come that new deep-fryers all come with a lid?
I have two ancient Sunbeams that don't seem to want to die. I really wish they would (or at least one of them) so that I could buy one of these with the filter. That is the reason I often think twice before deciding to deep fry something - the clean up afterwards. I have an oil container I strain the oil into (using a coffee filter) but it is a real pain

Sammie
Sammie

I have been using this deep fryer for quite a few months now. It’s the only deep fryer I know that has the oil box down below and that makes cleaning much easier.

Pro: heats up pretty quickly
I can empty a bottle of new oil into the container while the dirty oil stays in the oil box. I then empty the oil box into the oil container and dispose of the dirty oil safely
I prefer the normal temperature knob rather than the new fancy ones that shows u pictures of the kind of food u r frying
The filter helps with the smell of fried food all over the house, not to mention the spitting when u empty frozen food into the basket that are covered in frost
HOWEVER, steam accumulates on the lid so be careful when removing the lid. Tilt the lid on its side away from the fryer

Cons: light indicator goes off when temperature is right. Too easy to leave the fryer switched on and not know it. Would prefer there to be a green and red light
Oil box is plastic so I Can’t clean it out straight after cooking. Requires planning for oil change. Would prefer the oil box to be able to take hot oil
It’s taller than other deep fryers (I’m short)

Bottom line: most practical deep fryer I have seen if you use it a lot. I like frying my chips in a deep fryer and I only use Rice Bran oil so having this fryer is great. Most parts goes in the dishwasher. Can’t ask for more

Hi,

Presumably one could leave the lid off while cooking. We use ours for chips with the lid in place and they seem to be nice and crisp on the outside.

Susie
Susieasked

Have just purchased the Tefal Oleoclean and used it once the oil won't drain. Any help?

Navarth
Navarth

You should make sure that the knob on the front of the unit is in the "oil box" position when you either insert or remove the oil box. When frying, the knob should be vertical and after frying the knob should be over to the right in the drain position. The oil will only drain into the oil box when the temperature is low enough to activate the draining valve and may take a couple of hours. The knob slides the black plastic shroud on the oil box into the correct position to allow the oil into the box, check that it is not damaged or broken. When the oil has all been transferred to the oil box we place it in the fridge for next time.....

Pauline
Paulineasked

Why wont the oil drain inyo cassette underneath, doesnt the lid of cassette need to be removed?

Shani

No you don't need to touch the cassette at all......you change the dial on the front of the machine

Tracy Vallance
Tracy Vallanceasked

Where can i buy a new oil container?

Shani

I can't answer that you would need to contact Tefal direct

Monkasked

Ok, So I have to oil from the Tefal Oleoclean Deep Fryer storage cassette in the fridge. Now I want to use the oil again. If it's been in the fridge, is it liquid or solid, and how do I get in back into the deep fryer. Possibly a silly question. :-)

Shani

No you don't have to put the oil in the fridge, you can not use solid only liquid oils, I use vegetable oil....the container is under the machine, where it stays, you take out the container, unscrew the cap and pour it back into the fryer, VERY easy to use, I love it that it is filtered every use so stays clean!

Thank you...

Marcus
Marcusasked

Can you tell me if the timer should be back lit? I really stuggle to see it so wonder if mine is not working properly

Shane
Shane

Mine is not back-lit. It's just a standard LCD.

Shani

Mine is not back lit either but I don't have a problem with it, maybe it is something Tefal can update on future models?

Eve Andrews
Eve Andrewsasked

Can you use lard in this fryer?

Shani

no as lard goes solid when cold, and as you strain the oil into the container after use, lard would go solid in the container and there would be no way to get it out! I use vegetable oil in mine

Caz
Caz

Not recommended but can be used if melted first To get it back out of the storage container, lift the lid, cut into blocks and remove

diwasked

Our first telfal deep fryer don't filter the oil, so had it exchanged for another one .But it didn't come with the book that tells you what temperature to cook on.Is it possible to be sent a book?

Mainey..

did you ask the retailer where you bought it ? :?

diw

No I assumed it was in the box.It has been to long now still I changed it over to go back and say for one.Have been traveling for 7 months. So just got home and want to use it .

Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal

Hi Diw,
Thank you for your question regarding the Tefal FR8040. The Instruction Manual can be obtained by clicking the following link http://www.tefal.com.au/instructions-for-use/Cooking-appliances/Fryers/Oleoclean-Pro-Deep-Fryer/csp/7211001657. If you require a Hard Copy of this booklet please send your contact details to productreview@groupeseb.com and we can have one mailed to you.
Thank you.
– Tefal Australia
facebook.com/TefalAustralia

Mick
Mickasked

Can you store container with oil in fridge,after you put oil to the container?

Susysunset
Susysunset

The oil container is able to slide out the bottom of the unit and as long as you lay it flat you can store in the fridge/cupboard.

Mainey..

At home I leave the oil in the plastic container retained still with-in the deep frier on a bench - it's not unattractive :)
The benefit is the oil is strained before it goes into the plastic container and then you can wash out the steel cooking container, so it is clean and ready to use next time and there is no lingering oily smell in the kitchen

Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal

Hi Mick,
Thank you for your question regarding the Tefal Oleoclean Deep Fryer.
The Oil Storage container can definitely be placed in the fridge after you have drained the oil into it.
Also it is fine to leave the Container out of the fridge in a cupboard or on the bench as well.
This is really up to what you desire to do.
If we can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.
– Tefal Australia
facebook.com/TefalAustralia

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Other Deep Fryers