Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: FR8040

3.8

Sammie

SammieVermont South

Needs a Red and Green light

I love deep fryers and this one is by far the most user friendly. Simple on/off button and temperature gauge. I don't like the new ones with pictures of chicken, fish, chips, etc. I like numbers. The only problem is the light goes off when the fryer is ready which is fine except you can't know that it's still one and many of us has made the mistake of forgetting to turn it off. That's probably why some of the other users have blown theirs up. My son made a great suggestion. Have a green light on when it's ready and the red when it's heating. That way we know the machine is on.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Navarth

NavarthBrisbane

Great fryer with problems

We've had the last 3 versions of this fryer and all have been great, with one common problem. The lid is not dishwasher safe, the aluminium filter screen disintegrates in the dishwasher!
We sent a query to Tefal online and they didn't respond.
It's the only complaint about this device, so If we don't want splashes of hot oil spraying out of the now vacant filter opening, we'll have to buy a fourth

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Michael

Michael

Love the filter.

Best fryer I've had obviously because of the filter option which honestly I find saves u money in the long run because u won't throw out your oil as often also it's built with good quality & all the part are dishwasher friendly except the element but you just wipe it down.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Deep Fryers

Find out how Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 compares to other Deep Fryers

First fryer we've owned; very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Shane
Shane

Same problem

Bought this unit from Harvey Norman on the 23/8/2014, used it infrequently, let's say 20 times, since then to Deep fry chips or squid. Went to use it on Saturday, no luck. Did what it said and pressed the reset button, Nothing. Gotta buy something else or go back to frying in the pan.

Shani

ShaniPerth

Best Deep Fryer

We don't eat a lot of fried food but occasionally we will and this fryer is the bomb! I love the fact that once it has been used I can filter the oil back into the container and wash everything! So the oil is not left sitting in the fryer....brilliant

613511Sydney

worked for while then blew up

While it worked it was excellent. I only used it once every few weeks, after having it for 18 months it has blown up. of course just after the warranty has finished. I would have thought should last longer than this. Fairly hopeless, only thing to do now is buy a new one, quite annoying.

It didn't work

I was very excited to buy a Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR804060 yesterday afternoon from Harvey Norman. I took it home to cook my dinner and just like recent reviewer itib76, it did not work. I waited and tried the reset button but nothing happened. I ended up using my big saucepan instead. My family and I were very disappointed.

itib76

itib76qld, 4129

don't buy it

I bought Tefal FR8040 Oleoclean Pro from Harvey Norman Loganholme on monday I got it home I set it up but the put the Oil in and turned it on I turned it on 180° waited for at least half an hour nothing happened and no light then I did the reset button and waited for another half an hour still nothing as brand-new straight from the box the only thing I did like about it drain the oil into the blue box so the part works at least all the other fryer I had worked the first time
very disappointed

Deep Fryers

Find out how Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 compares to other Deep Fryers

lee9011

lee9011Sydney, NSW

nice product, grow love daily

love fried food, but hate cleaning work, also dislike possible messy job of storing the used cooking oil afterwards. Now everything is much easier. We can enjoy the crispy food, and leave the dirty job to dishwasher and drain the cooked oil into a nice container by one click. just love it

SusysunsetAU

Excellent fryer - cleans the oil!

I bought this fryer hesitantly because the thought of deep frying food really put my off (however the urge for fresh hot churros won me over!). May I say this machine is awesome! It fries food quickly and evenly and when I place the fried food on paper towel there is hardly any oil left on the towels which is great. The feature I love the most is that when you're done frying you flick a switch and it will drain and filter the oil into a container which is stored underneath the machine. Another BIG plus for me is that every part (except for the element/power source) can go in the dishwasher!! Needless to say we use this quite often and I am impressed every time - I would highly recommend!

Susysunset

You're welcome! Thankyou for making such a well thought out product!

Mainey..

Mainey..Busselton

better than I thought when it was still new

having had the Tefal FR8040 Oleoclean Pro for some time now I believe I can now make statements about the product that are more realistic and not known when it was still new to me as most reviews are.

When I left oil in my previous Deep Fryer, you could still smell the (used) oil in the Fryer's vicinity, when using this Tefal machine and you put the used oil into the catchment underneath it and there is NO smell, so I can leave the FR8040 Oleoclean Pro sitting on the bench where it is used, no need to put it away with the used oil in a separate container.

Makes owning and using the Tefal Deep Fryer a great benefit

See all Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 reviews

Elodieasked

Hello, we've had our Oleo fryer for about 9 months. recently it's started to come to a rolling boil AFTER we've removed the contents and even after it's been switched off. It's quite scary as the boil is quite intense. It feels like a fault in the system? Any ideas?

Love2Bake
Love2Bake

Hi , sounds faulty , I use mine a lot it has never done that , are you only using the oil that it advises? Anyway you said even continues boil when off so I would contact faults.

Elodie

Thank you! It doesn't happen every time, it's a bit sporadic. I'll contact faults.

Hotelathome
Hotelathome

That doesn't sound right at all. It's probably a faulty thermostat - the unit doesn't realise it has hit the correct temperature and keeps trying to heat.

Peter W.

W: 26cm H: 33cm D: 35cm

Peter W.

Peter W.asked

What are the dimensions of FR8040

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives