Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

MPN: FR8040

Did not last a day

We bought our fryer yesterday, used it last night for home made spring rolls and temp could not reach 190 degrees as stated. We used a couple of cooking thermometers and it only kept reaching 170 degrees which was not hot enough and reset the machine and the same. I will say I rang the the company and they said take it back to the retail store for a refund or replacement, so can not complain about the back up service. Probably got got a crook one.

Purchased in December 2020 for $159.00.

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t Waste Your Time

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $179.00.

Good Fryer, very bad design.

Purchased in October 2020 at eBay for $105.69.

Deep Fryers

Find out how Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 compares to other Deep Fryers

ScammedPerth

Cry over spilt oil

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Scammed

Just waiting for bin collection now

Oldsalt

OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After a few years can be dangerous

I bought this on 24th July 2018. On 17th Feb 2020 I noticed that a large percentage of the fine mesh filter wire in the lid was missing. I shook the lid and found that numerous bits of the mesh wire became dislodged. I was aware that wire bristles from a BBQ brush have caused serious illness after being accidentally consumed, hence I believe that the wire particles falling into the oil also has the potential to be consumed. If you have one of these, please check that the fine mesh filter is still intact and if not, don't use it. I have reported the matter to the ACCC and Tefal, neither have responded.

Purchased in July 2018 for $179.00.

SuzP

SuzPSouth West, WA

Sorry I wasted my money!!

I have been cooking oven baked chips for years & after purchasing a Tefal Deep Fryer I will continue to do so! Why did I waste my money? ? Not only on the fryer but on 3 different types of oil, every variety of potato including frozen chips. Not once did we we get a lovely crisp chip with a fluffy centre. Last night I again cooked my chips in the oven with just a light spray of oil & they were delish! Anyone out there want a deep fryer as I'm giving it away!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Only easy to clean if you have a dishwasher and can wait at least 4hrs - apparently

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Terry J.

Terry J.Narellan Vale

Disappointed, has 2 significant flaws

Date PurchasedDec 2017

It didn't work

I was very excited to buy a Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR804060 yesterday afternoon from Harvey Norman. I took it home to cook my dinner and just like recent reviewer itib76, it did not work. I waited and tried the reset button but nothing happened. I ended up using my big saucepan instead. My family and I were very disappointed.

Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal
Deep Fryers

Find out how Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 compares to other Deep Fryers

itib76

itib76qld, 4129

don't buy it

I bought Tefal FR8040 Oleoclean Pro from Harvey Norman Loganholme on monday I got it home I set it up but the put the Oil in and turned it on I turned it on 180° waited for at least half an hour nothing happened and no light then I did the reset button and waited for another half an hour still nothing as brand-new straight from the box the only thing I did like about it drain the oil into the blue box so the part works at least all the other fryer I had worked the first time
very disappointed

Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal
See all Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 reviews

m b.

m b.asked

Appliance is not turning on
Pressed the reset button , nothing
Only second time used
And thoughts ?

Michael K.

Michael K.asked

Does this only operate as a deep fryer?

Yes. Just deep frying.

Love2Bake

Hi Michael, the instructions only specify to be used for deep frying.
Cheers

Patricia
Patricia

How do I change the batteries in my Oleoclean Pro

Elodieasked

Hello, we've had our Oleo fryer for about 9 months. recently it's started to come to a rolling boil AFTER we've removed the contents and even after it's been switched off. It's quite scary as the boil is quite intense. It feels like a fault in the system? Any ideas?

Love2Bake

Hi , sounds faulty , I use mine a lot it has never done that , are you only using the oil that it advises? Anyway you said even continues boil when off so I would contact faults.

Elodie

Thank you! It doesn't happen every time, it's a bit sporadic. I'll contact faults.

Hotelathome

That doesn't sound right at all. It's probably a faulty thermostat - the unit doesn't realise it has hit the correct temperature and keeps trying to heat.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategoryDeep Fryers