Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

MPN: FR8040

Good Fryer, very bad design.

Purchased in October 2020 at eBay for A$105.69.

Oldsalt

OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After a few years can be dangerous

I bought this on 24th July 2018. On 17th Feb 2020 I noticed that a large percentage of the fine mesh filter wire in the lid was missing. I shook the lid and found that numerous bits of the mesh wire became dislodged. I was aware that wire bristles from a BBQ brush have caused serious illness after being accidentally consumed, hence I believe that the wire particles falling into the oil also has the potential to be consumed. If you have one of these, please check that the fine mesh filter is still intact and if not, don't use it. I have reported the matter to the ACCC and Tefal, neither have responded.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$179.00.

SuzP

SuzPSouth West, WA

Sorry I wasted my money!!

I have been cooking oven baked chips for years & after purchasing a Tefal Deep Fryer I will continue to do so! Why did I waste my money? ? Not only on the fryer but on 3 different types of oil, every variety of potato including frozen chips. Not once did we we get a lovely crisp chip with a fluffy centre. Last night I again cooked my chips in the oven with just a light spray of oil & they were delish! Anyone out there want a deep fryer as I'm giving it away!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Date PurchasedDec 2017
See all Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 reviews

Michael K.

Michael K.asked

Does this only operate as a deep fryer?

Yes. Just deep frying.

Love2Bake

Hi Michael, the instructions only specify to be used for deep frying.
Cheers

Patricia
Patricia

How do I change the batteries in my Oleoclean Pro

Elodieasked

Hello, we've had our Oleo fryer for about 9 months. recently it's started to come to a rolling boil AFTER we've removed the contents and even after it's been switched off. It's quite scary as the boil is quite intense. It feels like a fault in the system? Any ideas?

Love2Bake

Hi , sounds faulty , I use mine a lot it has never done that , are you only using the oil that it advises? Anyway you said even continues boil when off so I would contact faults.

Elodie

Thank you! It doesn't happen every time, it's a bit sporadic. I'll contact faults.

Hotelathome

That doesn't sound right at all. It's probably a faulty thermostat - the unit doesn't realise it has hit the correct temperature and keeps trying to heat.

Peter W.

Peter W.asked

Dimensions of FR8040

Dunk
Dunk

W: 26cm H: 33cm D: 35cm

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategoryDeep Fryers