Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

MPN: FR8040

Pros

• Oil filter lets you re-use oil

• Quick heating and cooking times

• Makes tasty food

Cons

• Lid is too loose

• Bulky build

• Product is used

My TEFAL Oleoclean Pro FR804040 Deep Fryer -

TEFAL Oleoclean Pro FR804040 Deep Fryer - over 6 months old. Was working fine but now It will not heat up the oil. I have tried resetting it but it still does not work.

Purchased in October 2020.

Did not last a day

We bought our fryer yesterday, used it last night for home made spring rolls and temp could not reach 190 degrees as stated. We used a couple of cooking thermometers and it only kept reaching 170 degrees which was not hot enough and reset the machine and the same. I will say I rang the the company and they said take it back to the retail store for a refund or replacement, so can not complain about the back up service. Probably got got a crook one.

Purchased in December 2020 for $159.00.

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t Waste Your Time

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $179.00.

Find out how Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 compares to other Deep Fryers

Good Fryer, very bad design.

Purchased in October 2020 at eBay for $105.69.

ScammedPerth

Cry over spilt oil

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Scammed

Just waiting for bin collection now

Oldsalt

OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After a few years can be dangerous

I bought this on 24th July 2018. On 17th Feb 2020 I noticed that a large percentage of the fine mesh filter wire in the lid was missing. I shook the lid and found that numerous bits of the mesh wire became dislodged. I was aware that wire bristles from a BBQ brush have caused serious illness after being accidentally consumed, hence I believe that the wire particles falling into the oil also has the potential to be consumed. If you have one of these, please check that the fine mesh filter is still intact and if not, don't use it. I have reported the matter to the ACCC and Tefal, neither have responded.

Purchased in July 2018 for $179.00.

Jennifer C

Jennifer CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish i didn't have this

I agree with SuzP i cannot get my chips nice and crisp and crunchy no matter what type of oil i purchase. I have a air fryer which cooks better than this. My husband bought it for me!!!!! say no more

Purchased in May 2019.

MG

MGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fit for purpose

Works well, wish it got hotter and had a better heat up time once food went in. Oil cleaning is OK, only paid an additional $10 for the feature vs the similar breville without. Wouldn't justify much more than that. Also a big unit comparatively, may not be worth the extra storage space for some.

Purchased in April 2019.

SuzP

SuzPSouth West, WA

Sorry I wasted my money!!

I have been cooking oven baked chips for years & after purchasing a Tefal Deep Fryer I will continue to do so! Why did I waste my money? ? Not only on the fryer but on 3 different types of oil, every variety of potato including frozen chips. Not once did we we get a lovely crisp chip with a fluffy centre. Last night I again cooked my chips in the oven with just a light spray of oil & they were delish! Anyone out there want a deep fryer as I'm giving it away!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Find out how Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 compares to other Deep Fryers

Only easy to clean if you have a dishwasher and can wait at least 4hrs - apparently

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Terry J.

Terry J.Narellan Vale

Disappointed, has 2 significant flaws

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Same problem

Bought this unit from Harvey Norman on the 23/8/2014, used it infrequently, let's say 20 times, since then to Deep fry chips or squid. Went to use it on Saturday, no luck. Did what it said and pressed the reset button, Nothing. Gotta buy something else or go back to frying in the pan.

613511Sydney

worked for while then blew up

While it worked it was excellent. I only used it once every few weeks, after having it for 18 months it has blown up. of course just after the warranty has finished. I would have thought should last longer than this. Fairly hopeless, only thing to do now is buy a new one, quite annoying.

It didn't work

I was very excited to buy a Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR804060 yesterday afternoon from Harvey Norman. I took it home to cook my dinner and just like recent reviewer itib76, it did not work. I waited and tried the reset button but nothing happened. I ended up using my big saucepan instead. My family and I were very disappointed.

itib76

itib76qld, 4129

don't buy it

I bought Tefal FR8040 Oleoclean Pro from Harvey Norman Loganholme on monday I got it home I set it up but the put the Oil in and turned it on I turned it on 180° waited for at least half an hour nothing happened and no light then I did the reset button and waited for another half an hour still nothing as brand-new straight from the box the only thing I did like about it drain the oil into the blue box so the part works at least all the other fryer I had worked the first time
very disappointed

See all Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 reviews

Deleen

Deleen asked

I bought an oleoclean two weeks ago but it was burning the outside of the chips after six minutes even on 160degress. I brought it back to the store and got a new one, it is still doing the same thing. Can anyone advise, thanks

Sandra

Sandraasked

I have a TEFAL Oleoclean Pro FR804040 Deep Fryer - Stainless Steel. I have pressed the reset button because it wouldnt work today. It still isn't working. What can I do?

Margaret S.
Margaret S.

Just bought one and not heating up have pressed the reset button and still nothing

m b.

m b.asked

Appliance is not turning on
Pressed the reset button , nothing
Only second time used
And thoughts ?

See all Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040 questions

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Features

• Holds 3.5L of oil at the maximum fill line, and a capacity of up to 1.2kg of food, namely French fries
  • Automatic oil filtration means oil is filtered to make it clean and fresh again - allowing it to be reused for the next cooking session. This means you save oil and time filling up the container again.
  • The oil box makes it easy to preserve the freshness of the oil between cooking sessions. If you know you won’t be using the deep fryer for a while, store the oil in a different container and clean the fryer.
  • The heating element reaches the high heat needed to crisp food quickly
  • All the separate parts of this deep fryer can be removed for easier and more thorough cleaning. The following parts are dishwasher safe - the removable bowl, lid, frying basket and oilbox .
  • The lid is equipped with a viewing window, which allows you to keep an eye on your food as it fries
  • The temperature for deep frying can be adjusted from 150 degrees - 190 degrees Celsius
  • A digital timer and auto shut-off feature both prevent food from overcooking
  • Constructed from a stainless steel bowl coating, a brushed stainless steel appliance housing, a metal control panel,

Points of praise

• The Oleoclean heats up quickly and cooks a wide variety of foods quickly and evenly.
  • Reviewers generally enjoyed the taste of foods cooked in this deep fryer.
  • The generously size of the appliance allows you to cook a large quantity of foods in one go.
  • Oil stays fresh and clean thanks to the filtration system.

Pain points

• Some reviewers found the large size of the Oleoclean too bulky, taking up too much room on their benchtop.
  • The lid only loosely fits onto the appliance, so that when you’re pouring oil from one container into the other, the lid may fall off - causing you to potentially spill oil. This can make a mess in your kitchen, and can also be dangerous if the oil is hot.
CategoryDeep Fryers