Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

MPN: FR8040

Good Fryer, very bad design.

Purchased in October 2020 at eBay for $105.69.

Dunk

DunkMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Big is best

I've been looking for a big fryer to get them meals done quicker, well my wait is over... love this product easy to use & set up. The only issue is it stands tall in bench and short person like myself might struggle to see in the window, but a little step ladder fixed that

Purchased in May 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $159.00.

Oldsalt

OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After a few years can be dangerous

I bought this on 24th July 2018. On 17th Feb 2020 I noticed that a large percentage of the fine mesh filter wire in the lid was missing. I shook the lid and found that numerous bits of the mesh wire became dislodged. I was aware that wire bristles from a BBQ brush have caused serious illness after being accidentally consumed, hence I believe that the wire particles falling into the oil also has the potential to be consumed. If you have one of these, please check that the fine mesh filter is still intact and if not, don't use it. I have reported the matter to the ACCC and Tefal, neither have responded.

Purchased in July 2018 for $179.00.

Shelley

Shelley

Its perfect cooking

Big cooker with fast cooking.
Nice and tasty food comes from this cooker.
Oil draining container is excellent.
The oil filter is great you can re use the oil.
Its also easy to clean.
The cooking temperature is good as well.
I got one as a wedding present,
We have used it many times already

Parent

Parent

Love this fryer!!

I honestly love this fryer i used to have a much smaller one that was really good but i would have to keep waiting for my first batch to finish before putting a second batch because you cant fit that much in there but with this fryer its so big that once i’m done with my first batch i’m done cooking .I also love that this comes with an oil box which makes it easy to clean after frying and filters out any crumbs while also letting me reuse my oil and its so fast so i don’t have to wait forever just to eat like a couple others i’ve used

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Online Store for $199.00.

Eric C.

Eric C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great size home deep fryer!

Needed a new deep fryer due to moving into a new apartment. It is totally worthwhile paying the extra money for the auto oil drain feature. It is bulky but easy to move around and store particularly as oil is locked away safe so won’t spill.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Online Store for $149.00.

csutak40

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It was good while it lasted, edit: still great!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
SuzP

SuzPSouth West, WA

Sorry I wasted my money!!

I have been cooking oven baked chips for years & after purchasing a Tefal Deep Fryer I will continue to do so! Why did I waste my money? ? Not only on the fryer but on 3 different types of oil, every variety of potato including frozen chips. Not once did we we get a lovely crisp chip with a fluffy centre. Last night I again cooked my chips in the oven with just a light spray of oil & they were delish! Anyone out there want a deep fryer as I'm giving it away!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Terry J.

Terry J.Narellan Vale

Disappointed, has 2 significant flaws

Date PurchasedDec 2017

RobertGlenorchy

Excellent deep fryer Best on the market

Best deep fryer on the market , Should’ve bought one ages ago , Easy to clean love the oil filtration and storage system , Going to buy an extra oil box for different oil . It’s worth the price compared to the cheaper and or well known brands if you want an easy clean and oil filtration system

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ken

KenMelbourne

Absolutely getting the fried fix fixed!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Graham JohnsonHobart, TAS

Excellent deep fryer

We recently bought a Tefal Oleoclean Pro deep fryer from The God Guys and are thrilled with ti. It filters the oil into a tank which sits in the bottom of the unit. The cooker has a timer and a digital thermostat which works well and it holds 4 litres of oil. It is not particularly cheap, but well worth it. The retail price is $279. We find that it cooks perfectly with the settings as set out in the user book which is written in any language one would wish for. Would highly recommend this unit to anyone wanting a cooker which filters the oil to keep it clean.

Graham Johnson

I had the price wrong, it should have been $179. It is still giving us excellent results. Graham Johnson.

Navarth

NavarthBrisbane

Great fryer with problems

We've had the last 3 versions of this fryer and all have been great, with one common problem. The lid is not dishwasher safe, the aluminium filter screen disintegrates in the dishwasher!
We sent a query to Tefal online and they didn't respond.
It's the only complaint about this device, so If we don't want splashes of hot oil spraying out of the now vacant filter opening, we'll have to buy a fourth

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Michael

Michael

Love the filter.

Best fryer I've had obviously because of the filter option which honestly I find saves u money in the long run because u won't throw out your oil as often also it's built with good quality & all the part are dishwasher friendly except the element but you just wipe it down.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

First fryer we've owned; very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Shane
Shane

Shani

ShaniPerth

Best Deep Fryer

We don't eat a lot of fried food but occasionally we will and this fryer is the bomb! I love the fact that once it has been used I can filter the oil back into the container and wash everything! So the oil is not left sitting in the fryer....brilliant

lee9011

lee9011Sydney, NSW

nice product, grow love daily

love fried food, but hate cleaning work, also dislike possible messy job of storing the used cooking oil afterwards. Now everything is much easier. We can enjoy the crispy food, and leave the dirty job to dishwasher and drain the cooked oil into a nice container by one click. just love it

SusysunsetAU

Excellent fryer - cleans the oil!

I bought this fryer hesitantly because the thought of deep frying food really put my off (however the urge for fresh hot churros won me over!). May I say this machine is awesome! It fries food quickly and evenly and when I place the fried food on paper towel there is hardly any oil left on the towels which is great. The feature I love the most is that when you're done frying you flick a switch and it will drain and filter the oil into a container which is stored underneath the machine. Another BIG plus for me is that every part (except for the element/power source) can go in the dishwasher!! Needless to say we use this quite often and I am impressed every time - I would highly recommend!

Susysunset

You're welcome! Thankyou for making such a well thought out product!

Mainey..

Mainey..Busselton

better than I thought when it was still new

having had the Tefal FR8040 Oleoclean Pro for some time now I believe I can now make statements about the product that are more realistic and not known when it was still new to me as most reviews are.

When I left oil in my previous Deep Fryer, you could still smell the (used) oil in the Fryer's vicinity, when using this Tefal machine and you put the used oil into the catchment underneath it and there is NO smell, so I can leave the FR8040 Oleoclean Pro sitting on the bench where it is used, no need to put it away with the used oil in a separate container.

Makes owning and using the Tefal Deep Fryer a great benefit