Oil filter lets you re-use oil
Quick heating and cooking times
Makes tasty food
Lid is too loose
Amazing, now I love deep frying
I have dabbled with deep frying before and it was always very messy. Big pots of oil were messy, the cheep Kmart deep fryer was great but messy... how do you manage used oil without making a mess, how do you filter used oil and keep it to be used again? Do you keep the oil in the fryer till next time? how do you carry a deep fryer around full of oil?
This machine fixes everything. The oil drains away into a mess proof box while it gets filtered. Now you can move the used oil around! All the parts of the machine are easy to clean and can go in the dishwasher so the machine is always perfectly clean stored in the cupboard and ready to make more fried chicken.
Purchased in February 2021 at The Good Guys for $149.00.
Questions & Answers
I bought an oleoclean two weeks ago but it was burning the outside of the chips after six minutes even on 160 degrees. I brought it back to the store and got a new one, it is still doing the same thing. Can anyone advise? thanks
Reading other reviews I got the idea that some of these machines don’t heat the oil to the right set temp. I think you should use a thermometer to test the oil temp.
I have a TEFAL Oleoclean Pro FR804040 Deep Fryer - Stainless Steel. I have pressed the reset button because it wouldnt work today. It still isn't working. What can I do?
Just bought one and not heating up have pressed the reset button and still nothing
Appliance is not turning on
Pressed the reset button , nothing
Only second time used
And thoughts ?
Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives
- Holds 3.5L of oil at the maximum fill line, and a capacity of up to 1.2kg of food, namely French fries
- Automatic oil filtration means oil is filtered to make it clean and fresh again - allowing it to be reused for the next cooking session. This means you save oil and time filling up the container again.
- The oil box makes it easy to preserve the freshness of the oil between cooking sessions. If you know you won’t be using the deep fryer for a while, store the oil in a different container and clean the fryer.
- The heating element reaches the high heat needed to crisp food quickly
- All the separate parts of this deep fryer can be removed for easier and more thorough cleaning. The following parts are dishwasher safe - the removable bowl, lid, frying basket and oilbox .
- The lid is equipped with a viewing window, which allows you to keep an eye on your food as it fries
- The temperature for deep frying can be adjusted from 150 degrees - 190 degrees Celsius
- A digital timer and auto shut-off feature both prevent food from overcooking
- Constructed from a stainless steel bowl coating, a brushed stainless steel appliance housing, a metal control panel,
Points of praise
- The Oleoclean heats up quickly and cooks a wide variety of foods quickly and evenly.
- Reviewers generally enjoyed the taste of foods cooked in this deep fryer.
- The generously size of the appliance allows you to cook a large quantity of foods in one go.
- Oil stays fresh and clean thanks to the filtration system.
- Some reviewers found the large size of the Oleoclean too bulky, taking up too much room on their benchtop.
- The lid only loosely fits onto the appliance, so that when you’re pouring oil from one container into the other, the lid may fall off - causing you to potentially spill oil. This can make a mess in your kitchen, and can also be dangerous if the oil is hot.
|Oil Capacity||3.5 L|
|Features||Removable Bowl and Viewing Window|
|Dishwasher Safe Parts||Yes|
|Dimensions||330 x 260 x 350 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless Steel|
- GTIN13: 3045386366545 and 3045386366880
- MPN: FR8040
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.