Tefal Ingenio Preference Stainless Steel Induction Set

Listing monitored by Tefal

5 questions from our users

Mariee T.
Mariee T.asked

What is the best cookware for Induction as I'm building a house and where I'm building its a green suburb so cant have gas so builder is putting in a induction cook top and and Ive never had one before and the sausepan set I have is not for induction

Paul Doody
Paul Doody

All non stick pans will get damaged with heat, metal utensils scourers dish washing etc. The Baccarat Triton (or similar with patterned cooking surface) range whilst not fully non stick are easier to clean and maintain, have had similar I bought in Hong Kong over 3 years ago and is awesome. If after non stick (expensive tho) try the lecreust range

FWS07asked

As the pots are non-stick are they hard to clean? Understand that sometimes you may need to soak before cleaning. Have used the Tefal Ingenio Performance non-stick induction pots in the past, unfortunately we accidentally scrapped the pots (even though we used the proper tools) and so everything then stuck to the pots when used. Pans were great. Now looking at the Tefal Ingenio Stainless Steel. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Kim H

They are really easy to clean as the black non-stick coating makes it totally non-stick, and everything wipes clean with just hot soapy water and a brush or cloth.

Thank you...

Marie-Claire P.
Marie-Claire P.asked

Can the Tfal ingenio Preference be used on gaz stoves? Thank you!

Kim H

We only have an induction stove, so don’t know about gas stoves. Perhaps contact Tefal?

Ckerr
Ckerr

Yes. This set is popular with campers.

Mel
Melasked

Will this set be just as good if used with a gas stove top? Thanks

Hi Mel,

Although I used my on induction as my review stated, in sure gas will be just as good. The only thing to be aware, and many people don't realise, you don't usually need extreme high heat to be able to cook great. Now it depends on the power of your cook top, some gas are very good, and some verge on commercial style strengths. Stoves like Wolf (which I cooked on for years at my parents home) are very powerful and you had to be much more conservative with high heat. The only thing I would be more cautious about, as I was not able to see was the handles. As they seem very durable, they will more than likely get hot from being over a larger gas burner. So see how they go in that respct, otherwise I'm sure they will do just as well if not somewhat better as you have more precise control than with induction. Since induction doesn't produce actual heat outside of the area the pot or pan is on, versus electric or gas, just make sure you use a pot holder if touching the handle as it may become hotter is all. They are a great set of pans that perform extremely well and take up very little cabinet space. Good luck.
Cheers

Hi Mel,
I've been using my set on a gas cook top, and they've been absolutely fine. No concerns with the handle, as far as heat goes.
Cheers
Chris

Riz
Rizasked

What is price of arcosteel 30cm frypan?

Fipsy

I believe the kit I was supplied with retails for nearly $300.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Other Cookware & Fryware Products