Tefal Mini 0.8L

Tefal Mini 0.8L (page 2 of 2)

BI8125, BF8120
See the Best Electric Kettles in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tefal

Pros

• Compact for a small kitchen or 2 people

• Economical

• Heats water quickly

Cons

• Small water windows

• Contains some plastic

Farber BeanSydney

Tefal Mini Plastic - love it... certainly so far. Two years later... still 5/5 stars from me!

I hesitated to get this little guy at first, but finally caved in as I quite like the design and size (two of us in residence). I've only had for a month and can't relate to any of the negatives other people have found with it, quite the opposite in fact, no dripping, no problems with the switch, no hot handle. Got mine in early 2013 so maybe there have been some design improvements? ;o)
Sweet little unit, can't fault, love it - nice and light easy to control/fill.

StellaH
StellaHSydney

Reliable but too much plastic

We were given this kettle as a gift around 3 years ago and it's still going strong. But my big complaint would be there's too much plastic - the inside of the kettle is lined with plastic not steel and I don't like the idea of drinking water that's been boiled in plastic.
Quiet, fast and reliable
Kettle is lined with plastic not steel

Tefal mini ketttle

I bought this little beauty to put in our caravan, plenty of water for two good sized cuppas, takes up minimal space, have had it for about 18 months and no problems. I pop it into a cloth bag and leave it in the sink when we travel, no hassles about finding a spot in the cupboard
reliable, space saving

My Tefal kettle has gone to the tip!

Brought the Tefal Avante model only a few years ago. Went to fill it and all the plastic that is on the inside of the rim has corroded, so we have been drinking bits of plastic with our hot drinks. Tefal have put my family's health at risk , therefore will not purchase another Tefal product.

Check the materials that you use in making your jugs. It is suppose to just boil water, thanks!

Aurora Brito
Aurora Brito

tefal mini kettle
tefal mini kettlegeelong west

very bad design

This kettle dribbles quite a lot of water {boiling of course} when trying to pour to cup, very dangerous.I have to wipe the base every time as there is always a pool of water after boiling. If visitors, have to warn them about the dribbling kettle or they may get scalded, most unsatisfactory!
Liked the look of it.
Certainly a power waster as water is spilled.

Mrs Moose
Mrs Moose

Perhaps you fill it up over the maximum level?

I only fill it to correct level but still have the problem.

shanexu3
shanexu3Perth, WA

Poorly designed spout causes water to drip down the front of the kettle

I purchased this Tefal Mini kettle 12 months ago. I like the idea of not boiling a full kettle for just one cup of coffee. The Tefal Mini looks great at first but I soon came to realize that this kettle has a design fault with the spout. The water drips down the side of the kettle every time I finished pouring. This water comes to rest on the charging base. I always have to turn the power off at the wall just incase the water somehow enters the electrics.
Compact and stylish
Design fault with the spout

Never happens with mine.

hothouse
hothouseSydney

Perfect kettle

Tefal kettle in use constantly, it is reliable and very quick and it is perfect for those quick cuppas especially when unexpected visitor drops in. Another plus is the small amount of bench space needed for it. I have had no problems with this appliance and would recommend it to anyone, especially singles!
Quick and efficient

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
justsaz
justsazAU

OK

I think for the price you are paying, this is a great kettle. However, do be careful when using it because my hands are smaller than most people's and I still have trouble holding the lower half of the handle in order to avoid getting burnt when the handle heats up.
This is a very cute little kettle with a modern and neat design. It's small and compact so can sit on the kitchen bench out of the way, or be stored in the pantry. Very affordable price.
After a few times of using this kettle, I burnt myself while pouring hot water from the kettle. The top of the handle heats up while you're pouring the water so I think it is the steam from the water that is heating the top of the handle.

Farber Bean

Maybe it was a design fault back in 2010, I've got mine in 2013 and haven't had this or the dripping water problem someone else had. I quite like it! :o)

piscean

This is a great little kettle and I love the cute design and the way it is so unobtrusive on the kitchen counter. It boils enough water for 3 cups and is the perfect size for one or two adults. The kettle has two water level windows, one on each side making it so easy to see from a glance how much water is in it. It is nice and quiet and boils quite quickly and is just a no nonsense well designed kettle.
great size for 1 or 2 people, water level windows on both sides, much cheaper than many others

piscean

snaggley, mine is still going strong so it sounds like yours was just faulty

Naomi Tesler
Naomi Tesler

Stan
StanAU

Compact and quiet but way too much plastic

$60 seems a bit pricey for a small kettle. The plastic handle gets a bit hot but not too hot to handle. The (manual) lid for putting in the water is a bit cumbersome and clunky and not very user friendly. Not so keen on having a plastic spout cover as I don't think boling water and plastic equals healthy water. Overall a good little kettle.
Compact and quiet
A bit expensive for a small kettle. Made out of too much plastic and not enough steel

SnaggleyAU

Kettle won't last long!

Warning! The switch knob breaks, cannot be replaced (not available as a spare part) and so otherwise the perfectly good kettle quickly becomes junk. The plastic moulding on the knob which engages with the internal on/off switch is SO THIN & FLIMSY (it is the ONE part which will take ALL the mechanical stress the kettle will ever experience). Clearly this is an intentionally built-in "break point" designed to ensure that you'll need to replace the kettle soon. I'm disgusted and won't buy another Tefal product.
small, pretty
designed to break

jamess49
jamess49

Good

Neat, well made, like everything in China these days. Nicely finished and packaged.
Have had other Tefal products and they seem to last better, so I assume this will too. Point eight litre capacity means jug is only half full to max fill line.
Otherwise quite happy
Great size, for our household just my wife and I.
Handle at the very top gets a little hot if the kettle is left stand, maybe steam run-off.