Tefal Minut Cook CY4000

Tefal Minut Cook CY4000 (page 2 of 5)

MPN: 35911538

Time saver. Love it

I've mine for almost 5 yrs now. It's so easy to use and very versatile. I used it for different type of cooking from chicken rice, stew, curry, risotto to pot roast. I've used it so often that now I'm looking for a replacement of the insert pot. I've scratched mine and it's not non-stick anymore. Any recommendations on where do I get this?

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Hi Maria. Thank you for your great review of the Tefal Minut Cook CY4000. We are so thrilled to hear you are still loving the machine after 5 years of use. It's great to hear how many different meals you've been able to do in the machine. For spare parts, please contact our customer care team on 1300 307 824 or via email at productreview@groupeseb.com for a list of our service agents. If we can be of any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.

Amazing!!!

I have had mine for more than 5 years its a brilliant machine would not be without it have recommended to so many people each one came back to rave about it, making sure release valve is closed, also if you do not assemble the inner lid the right side up you loose all your steam and it would not built pressure.

Date PurchasedJun 2010
Hi Mumma Glad, Thank you for such a great review of the CY4000. We love hearing positive feedback and so happy to hear about your recommendations to your friends and they think its amazing as well. Also great advice about the lid and Valve. Thank You - Tefal Australia

No pressure

I bought the pressure cooker after using a cheap Belini one for over a year without any issues. It is a huge mistake, should have read the reviews about the product ! The recommendation to add more water is simply crap. On 3 occasions when the Tefal refused to pressurised, I simply pour the contents into my Belini and it worked with no fuss. You would think an experienced user would know if there is enough water ! I hate to pour water on your solution Rep but that is the truth. Question is Can Tefal handle the truth ?

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Zane, Tefal can definitely handle the truth and we are here to assist our Customers. The rep who you had your discussion with is trained to problem shoot the issue with you and in 90% of cases if the CY4000 does not pressurize it is due to not enough liquid hence the response you received. As you are experienced user and adding more liquid has clearly not solved your problem you could indeed have a fault with the CPU Board on the machine. Could you please let us know when you purchased the appliance so we can try and assist with either a repair or replacement ? Thank You - Tefal AustraliaThanks for your Reply bought it from HN a few months ago, not used it due to issues, still have box and receipt. Should I return it to HN?Hi Zane, Yes as long as you have your receipt we recommend that you return the Minut Cook with your receipt to Harvey Norman for a replacement as this unit carries a 12 Month in store warranty replacement. We hope this helps Thank You

Rubbish

As with some of the other reviews I've also been lumped with a Tefal pressure cooker that has no pressure and reverts to the keep warm function. And yes Tefal, I've checked the liquid level and read all the instructions. Your product has now ruined two dinners. No more! It's rubbish.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Rob M, Thank you for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. So we can assist you further with your enquiry and assist with resolving your matter could you please email us a copy of your receipt along with your contact details to productreview@groupeseb.com and one of our Customer Service Team Members will be in touch. Thank You - Tefal Australia

Do Not Buy!

This appliance has a major design flaw. I have had mine for two weeks now and it continuously fails to pressurise. As stated by others, it reverts to keep warm almost every time I use it. I have even tried just liquid in this appliance to prove a point and it still takes multiple attempts to get past it reverting to keep warm and actually build pressure.
The problem is; the appliance has a secondary sealing valve which stops the lid from opening when it is under pressure (safety feature). When you remove the inner part of the lid you will see it hangs down with a small silicone rubber washer around it (it slides on a small shaft in the hole). The appliance has to build up enough steam to force this seal up for it to seal under pressure. (This is the hissing sound prior to sealing) In most situations it does not seal before the appliance goes to keep warm. I tried to stick the seal in position but then you cannot put the lid on the appliance as this prevents the lids safety lock from retracting to allow the lid to rotate.
It is possible to bypass this seal and get the appliance to work, however I'm sure Tefal will have a dummy spit if I put instructions here as it bypasses the lids safety lock. Tefal will just continue to tell customers to add more liquid and hope for the best.
My advice is: take it back and demand a refund. Its a bad design.
Tefal, test your appliances before release!!!

Rubbish

Just bought this today and its rubbish, as others have said it keeps reverting to warm after around 1-2 minutes. Yes I have enough liquid in it to sink the titanic. Eventually I got it to actually cook for 10 minutes but this was after screwing around for at least 20 mins and of course my meat was not tender like it should be and it was lamb. Silly me for not checking the reviews first. I will be taking it back to The Good Guys in the hope I can get a refund and buy a different brand

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Suzann, We are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with the Minut Cook. We hope that you are able to arrange a refund or exchange at The Good Guys. If you were unable to get any satisfaction please contact us and we will more than happy to assist. Thank You - Tefal Australia

Absolute rubbish

The machine will simply not build up enough pressure. The "10 minute" chili con carne from the recipe book was still not done after one hour. And I won't accept the "just add more water" response from the people at Tefal. If the recipes don't work with the ingredients and quantities listed, then the recipes should not be included. It is an absolute piece of rubbish and will be returned in the next few days. Do not buy this piece of crap.

Hi Rodk, Thank you for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are sorry to hear about your experience with this appliance. When using the Minut Cook and you select either High or Low Pressure and set the time , there is a wait for the countdown to begin once the pressure has built. If your timer does not start counting down and your machine is flicking to Keep Warm, this is an indication that there is not enough liquid in the Pressure Cooker to build pressure, hence why the Tefal Customer Service Team would have asked if you added more liquid. If you do indeed add more liquid and you continue to have the issue of the timer not counting down then this could indicate an issue with the unit. If you ever require any more information you can contact us at productreview@groupeseb.com - Thank You Tefal Australia

Really love this pressure cooker.

I use the Tefal minut cooker for stews and casseroles. Had it for about 6 years and use it once a week in winter. I like it as its quick and easy to use. It seems to fair well it's easy to clean up with just the pot and lid prices to clean up when done.

Hello. Thank you for your great review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are so happy to hear your machine is working fine after all these years. If we can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.

Rubbish

Waste of money. Won't pressurise. Reverts to the 'keep warm' setting after a minute or so. And you can't finish cooking. Tried it with soups and casseroles but no luck. Now resides in my bin after my patience finally broke! Puechased only a year ago. Honestly, don't waste your money.

Don't waste your money!!!

Have had this unit for a couple of years. Am giving it 2 stars because when it does work, it cooks lovely meals. But it is temperamental and sometimes the 'Keep Warm' curse sets in as mentioned by other reviewers and it won't reach pressure. So frustrating!! Definitely enough liquid in it and I am following instructions to the letter. Tonight it died on me mid dinner. I have finally had enough of this unreliable appliance and it is now in my wheely bin. Very disappointed customer and would not recommend this to anyone.

Bought one last Thursday and wanted to cook a roast beef according to the Telfal recipe book for the

Good for stews it seem but will not do as suggested in the recipe book when roasting when switching from browning to high pressure cooking. Stays on for a few second and then goes to warming so unable to do roasts at all so had to turn my ordinary Owen on to complete my dinner this evening. I purchased this Tefal last Thursday and have made two casseroles in it successfully but this unit fails badly on roasting, Seem the star rating doesn't allow me to give an accurate star rating using my iPad, only the two highes visible .

So what happens now? I for one will be looking for a solution to this problem. It isn't good enough of Telfal to tell people that this unit is supposed to do certain tasks like roasting but fail to perform these in accordance with Telfals own instruction as stated in the recipe book.Hello. Thank for for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the machine. If the machine is flicking to the 'keep warm' setting, it generally means the machine doesn't have enough liquid to build to pressure. Please contact us by email at productreview@groupseb.com or our customer service phone number 1300 307 824 so we can assist. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.

Use a dozen times and just DIED

All my house hold kitcken appliances are Tefal ...love them all, the rice cooker, the soup and Co machine ,the, opti grill..awsome products..never let you down..But for some strange reason my pressure cooker Minut cook CY400070 decided to stop working mid cook...i had only used it like a dozen times made beautiful stews...i was so disapointed it will not turn on and i didnt keep the receipt..Arrrgh lost $159.00..not sure what to do now...i would still recommend TEFAL to all my friends...

Hello. Thank you for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the unit. Please contact us via email at productreview@groupeseb.com. One of our customer service team members will be in contact to try and assist with the problem. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.

Piece of junk

Purchased our Tefal pressure cooker 1 week ago, tonight planning a big cook up and it failed us badly , followed reciepe book to the tee, but it wouldn't pressurise it flipped straight into keep warm, very frustrating. The browning function worked that's all. Ended up using cook top & oven, so disappointing. Cannot recommend this product.

Hello. Thank you for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the machine. If the unit is flicking to keep warm before it reaches pressure, it generally means there isn't enough liquid in the machine to complete the cooking. Did you try adding more liquid into the machine and restarting the program? Please contact our customer care team on 1300 307 824 or via email at productreview@groupeseb.com if you want to discuss the issue further. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.

Was great - now just goes to 'Keep Warm' - can't pressurise

Used a few times and it was great - now it won't pressurise. When I set the timer, using the recipes in the book, it reverts to 'Keep Warm' after a minute or two. Have tried the Risotto and the Lamb with lentils and mushroom and it just won't get up to pressure.Yes, I understand how to set the relief valve, and I tried adding more liquid, and more liquid, and more liquid, but no difference. I tried just cooking plain water and it's fine - anything thicker than water seems to confuse it. just an expensive frypan now!

You wouldn't want to buy one. We're getting another brand now.Hello. Thank you for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the machine. If you have continually added more liquid into the machine and it hasn't fixed the issue it sounds like it may be faulty. If you're within the 1 year warranty you can take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.And since you acknowledge that it's not of merchantable quality, will you refund it even if it's been longer than 1 year?

Used twice, brilliant. Now, NOTHING. DOES NOT BUILD PRESSURE

I am so angry. This product simply will not build pressure. I have used it a few times. It is RUBBISH. I bought this for myself for Mothers Day and I was so excited. I will be returning it. The first two times I used it it was great, but last night I tried to add potatoes to the casserole and keep cooking, but it just wouldn't reach pressure. I cleaned it thoroughly and tonight I have tried a chicken in broth recipe ........ won't reach pressure. I have added more and more liquid to the point that now it is totally ridiculous, and the hissing of it trying to reach pressure is increasing my rage. Absolutely RUBBISH product.

Unable to clean

Unit was great for few months until a terrible smell begin to emanate from the lid. All the parts that could be removed and cleaned were regularly done. After tracing the smell to behind the locking mechanism in the lid I found this could not be removed for thorough clean. Eventually threw the unit in the rubbish bin. Great to cook with but the total area where the unit breathes definitely needs to be re-designed to enable thorough cleaning, not just the valve.

Keep Warm Curse

Was so excited for my first pressure cooker, but I seriously should have read these reviews first! I used it twice and then the Keep Warm curse started and hasn't stopped since, cleaned the lid, valve, everything but still no luck! I had faith in Tefal, hence not doing research beforehand but feel like I've been sorely mislead! Extremely disappointing and a waste of money.

Hello. Thank you for your review of the Tefal Minut Cook. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the machine. When you got the 'keep warm' notice, did you add more liquid to the machine? 99% of the time the machine requires more liquid to build pressure. If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact us at productreview@groupeseb.com or call our customer care team on 1300 307 824. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.

Stopped working

Bought this cooker maybe 3 years ago. It has now stopped keeping time when cooking on either of the pressure cooking settings. With no warranty it now leaves me with either a slow cooker or I have to pay for it to be repaired. Is this all we can expect from our electrical products now days?

Worked well

I bought this appliance about 4 yrs ago. It is a highly valued item in our kitchen. It is easy to operate the multifunction aspect. Even my son found it easy to use it. He bought one of his own when he moved out. He is not a cook. The idea of putting all the ingredients in 1 pot appealed to him especially when it tasted yummy afterwards-minimum fuss and time! I'd like to replace the inside pan and am finding it difficult to get it. Any ideas?

I was in love until it died mid meal

I have had this cooker for a couple of years but have only really cooked with it for the last year and absolutely loved it. It was easy to use and cooked food beautifully. The recipe book that came with it was great. I was using it at least twice a week. Yesterday it stopped working while I was cooking a meal for visitors. It appears to have no power coming into it. I am so disappointed. A product like this should last for years.