Tefal Optigrill+ GC712

Tefal Optigrill+ GC712

MPN: 36422895

Perfect

I just made a Turkish bread with filling and made it perfect, it's magic couldn't go wrong with a tefal optigrill. I'm going to try some fish tonight on the grill.

Purchased in March 2019.

Over cooks

We got one and it worked good a few times but know when a yellow light is on. The meat should be rare but ever time it comes out well done

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman’s .

Piece of crap

I paid big bucks for this product. I’ve tried and tried. I’ve contacted Tefal many times only to be given the runaround by an Indian bloke who keeps apologising for the piece of rubbish I bought. I have bought Tefal products in the past and they allow end up in the bin. Abosulte rubbish. Please don’t waste your money buying a Tefal product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Magic Grill

The is the best ever grill I've ever owned! The electronic settings for various types of meats are excellent and adjusts the heat level and duration of cooking which results in perfectly cooked meats. Beef tends to be a fast cook, while pork/lamb is a slower cook. It automatically senses the thickness of the meat for a perfect result every time. The meat ends up perfectly cooked.

There is a alert sound which beeps when the meat reaches warm, rare, medium, well done. This is really handy so you can walk alway from it, also handy because it cooks faster than a BBQ or pan.

I suspect that the weight of the top of the grill presses the meat a little which pushes out some of the moisture but the meat is still tender but maybe not as juice as say a BBQ or a pan with nothing pressing on the top of the meat.

I have used it for grilling pineapple, asparagus, eggplant, all with quick and great results.

I have used it as a sandwich press, also a great result.

The cleaning is super easy, just press a button and the grill plates release and I put them in the dishwasher and they come out clean. Occasionally, I have to give one light wipe to remove the excess but this is very minor and easy. Definitely no difficult or messy in any way.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Wanting your Meat Cooked to your Requirements.

I have used the Opti Grill for a Few Months and have found it to be all but Perfect for getting my Woolies Scotch Fillet Steak to be Cooked to Medium on Nearly every occasion. The Indicator Lights are a Bit Strange to get used to compared to an OLD Breville Griller which was used to cook for 2.5 mins once pre heated but once you get the hang of the OPTI GRILL you can get consistent results without much trouble and you get an audible warning at each stage. I am very particular about not having the steak over cooked and enjoy getting the medium cooked steak regularly.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

The Best

I bought the Tefal Optigrill+712 just this week and so far so good. Im very impressed. The various colours that correspond to your preferred amount of cooking (eg. rare to well done etc) could be seen as a bit of a gimmick but i personally think it makes it easier to gauge where yr cooking is at especially when youre busy with other things. The grill makes an audible sound every time the cooking level (and the colour) changes and you can take yr food out or leave it in longer if you like. Its extremely easy to clean because the grill plates just click off. I previously had a kmart brand grill which I threw out because it would take forever to clean. Im also aware that not all grills have plates that click off and one major reason why I bought the Tefal Optigrill+712 is because of this, I was NOT going to put myself through that again. And the reviews from Product Review definitely helped me make my decision also

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Good, not perfect

I wasn't sure about this purchase. Have used it for chicken, steaks, vegetables, sandwiches. Most everything cooks as expected.A steaks cooked on this grill sure is good but I think it hasn't the same taste as outside grill. That Optigrill is quite large and so takes up storage space when not in use.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Now I will know that Tefal is a terrible company.

I bought it two years ago and I used it very rarely. Now it does not work as it should. First I preheat it as expected. Then I try to put something in. And at this moment the grill turns into the "chicken" mode and begins to give a signal. All the buttons are locked and I can not even turn it off. I have to unplug it. This is not a cheap product. I was forced to pay a lot of money to get this very poor quality product. And it has a guarantee for only one year. I can not even replace or fix it. I thought that I was dealing with a solid respect company. Now I will know that Tefal is a terrible company. I am disappointed.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Not bad

I have used it a few times and had reasonable results.

Likes:
Easy to clean thanks to the removable plates
Suitable for quick meals for one or two people. Don't need to fire up the big BBQ, with all the mess that goes with it, for just a couple of steaks.
Can cook veges right after the meat so you can have a complete meal without extra washing up.

Dislikes:
The power chord is way too short. I find this limiting and annoying.
The operation can be quite confusing. Perhaps I will get the hang of it at some stage.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Amazing product, quick,and actually non-stick!!

So I bought this as it was on super specials on Amazon, and did not expect much from it as I am a vegeterian and mainly just have sabndwiches to be grilled. This product is a gem for it!, a lot of cheese dripped and was easy and spotless to clean it off the press. Just a kitchen tissue wipe does the job. No mess no fuss. Perfect bell rings when done the way you like it. Have multiple settings even for sandwich so you dont have to stand next to it monitoring the crispyness.
Perfect buy!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love this grill so much

I use this grill for nearly everything & absolutely love it.
I cook all meats, sandwiches, chicken nuggets, chips & vegetables on this grill.
Everything taste amazing & super healthy as no oils are needed. I also love how you can cook things from frozen seed o of I forget to take meat out to defrost it's ok.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Almost perfect

Before going into details, it is important to emphasize that there are several variants GC71x of this product. One noticeable variant is the XL one which is a bit wider. Other variants may have some minor differences on the programs (the preset cooking programs) especially missing on the toasted sandwiches (you can still do toasts manually).

This is an almost perfect product and I will definitely recommend it. The main advantage is that the plates are detachable. They are non stick by design and don’t require any extra effort to be cleaned. It is recommended to wait until they cool off prior to cleaning not only due to burn injuries but to preserve the non stick coating. I carefully disassemble them after the dripping stops and put them aside to cool faster.

The dripping tray is really perfect as it goes deeply below the lower part of the device and catches whatever needed.

The plates are tilted and cannot be leveled. This means that some slippery foods will tend to fall into the tray. There are several small pointy pegs which are part of the lower plate which are supposed to stop the food sliding down but they seldom do the job properly and actually disturb the cleaning process as the cleaning cloth tends to get stuck on them.

Regarding the preset cooking programs, this is a nice gimmick but I almost don’t use it. The reason is that after a short while you will find the right manual settings which will work for you and it is really cumbersome if you cook multiple portions. To be more specific, if you finalize a first round, you will need to close the upper plate on top the lower one in order to ‘reset’ the program and then wait for a while for the beep (plates reheated). This can be really annoying... and as stated it’s much easier to set the temperature manually and do your own plan.

Note that this model has a baking tray option which replaces the lower plate. This gives you some more cooking options which I find useful. Some recipes will make your regular oven toaster and frying pan. The tray option is unavailable for the XL model.

The bottom line is more or less repeating the title and the insights previously shared. This is a recommended product and myself and my family enjoy it very much.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Taking the guesswork out of cooking MK2

Having given a positive review on the previous model three years ago we have now purchased a new one as the other had stopped holding on the individual settings for different foods and reverted to manual mode around 6 months ago. Even though we would like to have got longer use from the first one we decided to buy the same model again as we liked the different temps it uses and that you can wash the cooking plates manually or in the dishwasher. Hopefully we’ll have this one for longer.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Tefal optigrill gc712

Best grill I've ever used! You can make complete meals in this. The colour coded cooking level sensors allow you to cook your foods to your liking. Rare to well done etc & lots of other foods. So easy to clean as the 2 grill plates just pop out with the press of a button for hassle free cleaning. Comes with a drip tray too. I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

I like it

So far I have only tried it on fish, and I must say it does a very good job. I never had any luck frying fish, but the grill works to perfection. Looking forward to expanding my cooking & trying steak, sausages and chicken. The grill plates are very easy to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Amazing Results! I can now Grill to perfection.

This amazing product makes grilling to perfection so easy. My steaks, chicken, sausages and salmon fillets are cooked so perfectly now and it is so easy to use. I love that it that it beeps to tell me when tells me when my meal is ready, so no longer do I run the risk of overcooking and ruining my meats. I recently grilled garlic prawns with the shell still on and it was so succulent and juicy that everyone was licking their fingers clean. Even toasting sandwiches is great, I use sourdough bread and love getting the cafe perfection grill lines result. I also bought the snack baking accessory, and have used it to make frittata and even a lasagna. Looking forward to cooking the mac cheese in it next. Plus it is so easy to clean as the plates are removable and I simply place them into the dishwasher. If you are looking for a grill, nothing beats the uniqueness of the OptiGrill.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great but Failed

This grill was the highlight of my cooking, until it broke down, i used it approximately 5 times. and then one day it decided not to heat up at all.
I took back to JBHIFI for a replacement but couldn't because a new model came out and i would have to fork out an additional $200 + to get the new one. :(

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Very impressed - works as advertised

My history of cooking fillet steak is that it's either bleeding or tough as leather. I've never been able to get a steak just the way I've wanted it: medium, so a little pink in the middle, tender and juicy - until now.

Because the sales blurb talked about perfect steaks, it was a Scotch fillet steak that I tried first. After approximately eight minutes of pre-heat, the cooking time to medium perfection was about ten minutes. It entirely lived up to expectations, producing a medium cooked steak, evenly cooked all the way through, juicy and tender.

Since then, we've also cooked sea scallops and barramundi, again perfectly on each occasion.
On multiple occasions we've used it to produce a basic cheese and tomato toasted sandwich, again no problems.

The cooking plates can very easily be removed from the device for cleaning. Apparently the cooking plates are dishwasher safe but I haven't tested that. Hand cleaning in the sink was a breeze because of the effective non-stick surface.

Controls are easy to use and reasonably intuitive, although a quick read of the operating instructions is recommended before first use.

Presets are available for cooking various types of food - steaks, fish, toasted sandwiches, etc, but the Optigrill+ can also be controlled manually.

The cooking status light clearly shows by the colour of the display what stage the cooking is at.
And it also beeps between the stages of rare, medium and well-done.
And if one of you likes the steak medium, and the other likes well-done, you can wait until the beep and the display shows that it has reached medium, open the grill and remove one steak, then close and keep cooking until the display shows well-done.

The only negative, and it's a very minor one, is that the beeping that takes place at the end of pre-heat and between rare, medium and well-done is quite soft. It's cleary audible if you're in the room, but if you went into the next room it would be easy to miss.

The size of the grill allows for cooking two toasted sandwiches at a time, or two medium-sized steaks. We just managed to squeeze on three Barramundi fillets. This is really suitable for cooking for up to two people. If you're regularly cooking for three or more people, you might need something larger. Apparently there is a larger version of this model available (an Optigrill+ XL) but I haven't seen it myself, and we don't have room on our kitchen bench for anything larger.

In summary, an excellent device which we've used daily (sometimes more than once) since we purchased it a few days ago. I can see this grill getting a lot of use in our household.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Best Invention Ever, at this time.

This is No4, the completely new model, sent from distributor. I held off review, until now. So far it does a superb cook. Keep in mind that you will have your own variations, to observe, as it is not quite a robot, as yet. The "M" button has changed, to give variable temperatures, eg, cooking eggplant, to your liking.
I do see the intelligence, is a lot better, than the now discontinued GC702. Note my past reviews, on old model.
So, hopefully it will serve for a long time.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
I may have given praise too soon. This evening for dinner. Preheat, FROZEN & CHICKEN. It gave the usual beep, being ready, I wasn't. After a few minutes, a smell, overheating, and OK light flashing. Pushed OK, nothing so turned off, for a minute. Restarted, same selection, cooking went well. It is a worry this latest version GC712+, may also have issues, as was the old model. FINGERS CROSSED.So far, all is well, to this date.Still going well, except for plate cleaning. To clean, I always use a nylon brush. Seems the safest way. Over time there is a dark area (top & bottom plates) that appears to not come off. When heating for the next cook up, it smokes for a while. At times the product will stick to the upper plate. So far I have tried bi-carb to clean them. A little colouration is noted coming off. Any suggestions to clean properly would help, so I don't have to buy new plates. Maybe add vinegar to the mix. GS may have the right suggestion, as I don't wish to damage the non-stick coating. HELP.

Massive thumbs up from me.

Myer had this on sale and I had to try it Purchased this on the 1/2/17 and this work perfectly, best grilled sandwiches (better than cafe quality) cooks a mean steak (even though I prefer meat cooked on an open coal/wood fire).
Just make sure you read the manual and it easy sailing from there on in, 10/10 on this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017