Tefal Optigrill+ GC712

Tefal Optigrill+ GC712 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 36422895

Fantastic

The Optigrill GC712 is fantastic to use indoors instead of using a BBQ outside It is so easy to use , and even better so easy to clean
The difference in cooking food in this , like kebabs, steaks , anything that normally cooks in a saucepan and sits in fat is amazing , to see just how much fat comes out.
Its a healthier way to cook
It also makes awesome toasted sandwiches and panini's !

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great product - perfect every time

We love our Tefal Optigrill. Cooks meat perfectly every time and also does great toasties for the kids. I read the other reviews and I am surprised as we have never had any problems. It also looks really stylish in the kitchen and I find it easy to clean. The recipe book is a bonus.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Easy to wash and love the ready beeps.

I really like this grill, two features really stand out for me.
1) The hot plates are removable and can go straight into the dishwasher. I've had similar products before and the lack of this feature just meant it sat in the cupboard, but now its so easy to clean I'm happy to use it frequently.
2) The audible beeps to tell you when the food is ready is great for a distracted cook. I'm often multitasking and this feature has stopped me burning many things.

As a sandwich toaster I find it produces lovely results however it takes a very long time to heat compared to simple sandwich presses. It comes with a decent selection of recipes that are simple to prepare.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

A fancy and easy to use Grill.

The optigrill is a nice looking grill when put along side the plastic George foreman. Cooked a range of things on the grill with mixed results. I’m a bit of ‘look and see’ kind of cook so found it somewhat difficult to relinquish control to the cooking guide indicator but for a nice cut of eye fillet steak it was pretty much bang on! However for other meats I found the dedicated settings to be sluggish – could help that i could just whip out the grill pan and get the job done quicker. Chicken breast was much the same. Recommend going 'off-piste' and use the manual settings for such meats but still think the grill could benefit from some extra 'OUMFFF'

Can’t deny that this machine makes LUX toasties and cheese is really easy to get off the plate. Winner winner.

Really easy to clean with detachable plates but once its clean it’s a bit hard to store could benefit from a lid clip so you could store it standing on its side but few grills have this feature.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Versatile, easy to use, easy to clean

Such a clever cooking aide. Versatile for breakfasts, lunches (pides, toasties etc), vegetables and meats, fish etc. I've done several recipes from the book - salmon, chicken thighs and steak; and for vegetables, grilled Cajun potatoes, tomatoes provencale, portobello mushrooms, and capsicum with pinenuts and parmesan (my favourite). Haven't had a failure yet!
Very easy to use with the colour coding for foods and the cheat-sheet - you just pre-heat then leave it to cook. Meanwhile, make a salad or couscous or rice and when it beeps it's cooked perfectly. You have to learn to trust it! Chicken thighs were especially good, very moist and tender, cooking from above and below so quicker than pan frying. I didn't even bother putting salt and pepper on it, delicious.
The steak didn't look as authentic as a bbq but it was surprisingly tender and cooked as requested (med rare). I would have like to be able to position it under a fan to whisk away the cooking smells.
It would be great to have a bigger one because I would cook a whole meal and have hardly any washing-up to do. But I found you can cook some veges, then do your fish and quickly reheat the veges in the microwave to serve.
The grill marks look classic, function is good as the drip tray catches all the liquid/fat, and washing the two trays is so easy. Even just doing a couple of veg adds a new dimension to dinner and it is quick and super-healthy. Very happy.

This is perfect

My wife bought the optigrill and we absolutely love it perfect cooked steak every time, the colour feature to tell you how cooked your steak is works great its quick and convenient when your constantly busy as we are can't fault it and couldn't be happier with the purchase! Thanks tefal

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Cjw, Fantastic News! we really love the fact that you are so happy with your purchase of the Optigrill+ and are enjoying all the great benefits this appliance offers. Please keep enjoying and Thank You for such a wonderful review. Tefal - Australia

Cooks steaks to perfection

I'm a big steak lover and having my steak cooked to the right colour for the right texture is great. Once you find your correct settings you will never have a wrongly cooked steak again. Makes cooking so easy and so much faster. No more checking every minute! Set it and let it cook! It is amazing at what Tefal technology has accomplished!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi William, Great review of the Optigrill+ We agree there is nothing better than a perfectly cooked steak every time and we are happy to hear that the Optigrill+ helps you achieve this. Thank You Tefal - Australia

Thank heavens for the multi use capability

This is excellent - we take it to the deck and everyone cooks their own stuff!!! might I add, to each ones choice. How good is that? The fact that all the fat drains out and the various options and settings and easy to use. The instructions and recipes are a great idea and easy to understand and follow. Capability to sit around a table and cook one dish after another, including dessert (fruit)..is fantastic. We have tried steak, lamb chops, pineapple, toasted sandwiches, toasted buns, toasties for toppings, and salmon. Are you guys looking at making another one; slightly longer so we can do bigger batches of food. Yes - thank you - thoroughly enjoying the Optigrill+.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Susan, Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Optigrill+! We love to hear our customers getting great use and experiencing the great benefits Tefal products have to offer. Tefal currently have out on the Market the Optigrill XL GC722 which is a large version of your model the GC712 to find out more about this model click the below link: http://www.tefal.com.au/Cooking-appliances/Grills-%26-Sandwich-Presses/OptiGrill%2BXL/p/7211002198 Keep on enjoying! Thank You Tefal - Australia

Great for veg dishes

I've had the OptiGrill+ for nearly two weeks and I'm finding it very handy, especially as a vegetarian. So far I've grilled veg and haloumi skewers, made toasted cheese sandwiches and vegie burgers and I've grilled vegetables including baby potatoes, asparagus, zucchini, pumpkin, eggplant. It's easy to use, heats up quickly and I love that the vegetables stay moist. There's a button to remove the grill plates so it's really easy to clean. Very happy with the OptiGrill+ and see it as a handy way to quickly cook vegetables without needing to use a bbq.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Veg Lover, Great news, sounds like you are getting great use out of your Optigrill+ and you are experiencing its great grilling qualities and easy to clean plates.Veg & Haloumi Skewers sound delicious! Thanks Tefal -Australia

Easy to Use and Perfectly Cooked Every Time!

Having confidence in the Tefal brand the Optigril+ doesn't disappoint and cooks perfectly every time. Each program adapts to whatever meat/seafood/vege or fruit I am cooking and allows me to choose how I would like it cooked. I now have confidence in cooking chicken and seafood. Previously I had overcooked my chicken and avoided cooking seafood altogether. My steaks are cooked Medium every time which is so difficult to judge on a BBQ. It is easy to use and even easier to clean. There is no mess and it drains excess fat and juices effectively so is a healthy cooking option. The accompanying cookbook provided such a great variety of recipes that with the help of two of my sons, we used it as our main cooking device for the first two weeks after we got it. Cleaning up after dinner was refreshingly easy. For a mum of 4 that's a gift!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi M Bryan, We are so happy to hear that you are experiencing the wonderful cooking benefits the Optigrill offers. Really sounds like you are getting great use out of this machine and it is making your life easier. Please keep on enjoying! Thank You Tefal - Australia

The Tefal Optigrill + GC 712 makes Grilling food so much easier and tastier.

This is the second Tefal product I have purchased. I have a George Foreman griller but the Tefal Optigrill GC 712 runs rings around its opposition. With all the different types of meat and vegetables I have cooked in it, they have always come out perfectly cooked as per the cooking level indicator. It has alot of good automatic features built into it which are a breeze to use. The cleaning of the removal grilling plates are simple which I liked, ( my George Foreman never had this feature) and its a really good product to keep clean. It came with good instructions for use and a 12 month international guarantee. I really am enjoying this product. Thanks Tefal.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi P Phelan, Your Welcome! We are glad to hear that you are finding Cleaning the Optigrill a breeze with its removable plates feature along with the drip tray. We also love hearing that you are getting those perfect cooking results the Optigrill can offer. Please keep on enjoying. Thank You Tefal - Australia

Perfect protein!

I am so happy with my Optigrill+! I purchased it after my George Foreman grill stopped working and I couldn't be more pleased with the extra features it has, it makes cooking your favourite protein to perfection so simple! This is the second Tefal appliance I have purchased in the last 12 months and both have been user friendly and just make life easier!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi C Armstrong, We love it when are customers are happy! Thank you for a great review and keep on enjoying those perfect cooking results the Optigrill+ will bring you. Thank You Tefal - AustraliaLove my cook4me too!!

Perfect Grilling Every Time!

I'm always worried about ruining a nice steak by overcooking it and have never known when it's perfectly medium rare... OptiGrill+ has been a saviour - I can cook steaks and not even have to be in the kitchen!!!

Hello. Thank you for your great review of the the OptiGrill+. We are so happy to hear the machine has made cooking steak easier for you! If we can be of any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia.