Tefal Pro Express GV9080

• Safety
Sally
SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

This is the third Tefal Pro express I've owned, i can't recommend highly enough. Ironing is a pleasure with this iron. It's fast the setting are really good for delicates and also cotton.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $250.00.

Chip
ChipSydney, NSW

Portable, effortless, professional results

Purchased in February 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $399.00.

LoftyHighett

Tefal Steam Generator. GV 9080.

I used this steam station and I was very impressed with the way it ironed all my partners business shirts,pants,my work clothes no matter what materials they were made of.The iron has a flat base not like some other brands,so it can stand upright and because the cords are a reasonable length I put the base unit on the floor and you don’t need to buy a bigger ironing board.Also with large amount of shot of steam pressure I only have to iron over them once,saving time.The cover over the top keeps the iron in place and easy to carry.

Unlike any other

I am a professional single man living in Sydney and I decided to buy this product as I was tired of not getting good results when ironing my business shirts and spending money by sending them to be ironed externally.
It is now very easy to iron my clothes, the iron is not heavy at all and I would seriously recommend spending a bit more on this product than getting another of poor quality and effectiveness.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Tefal Pro Express GV9080 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Miracle worker!

Alana.V
Alana.VSydney

Perfect Upgrade from Your Standard Iron

The Tefal Pro Express GV9080 is unlike any iron I have used before, going from a standard iron to this Steam Generator there is no comparison. For someone like me who is a working mum and hates the weekly ironing chore it has become faster and easier to get all the ironing done. Whilst the unit is bigger then your standard iron, it was still easy to find room in my larger laundry on a side bench to ensure full use of the ironing board whilst ironing, this may be a downfall for someone that has a smaller space to work with. It is easy to use, and has a removable water unit to easily fill it up at the sink. I recommend this product highly.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Dom C
Dom CCanberra

Ironing has never been so easy

The Tefal Pro Express GV9080 is fantastic. It has a removable water container to easily fill. It uses much less water then previous models also. It is so easy to set the temperature with LED lights and buttons instead of a wheel to turn. The iron is lightweight and the whole system very compact and easy to move around, with the auto cord function and plastic cover with handle. My only concern is the iron is not able to be locked in place, the cover and handle are great but allows for the iron to move around underneath. There is no rubber stoppers on the bottom of the unit. The water container is great that it is removable, but it is smaller then previous model but I still love it and how quickly I can do the ironing.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Kezzas0260
Kezzas0260Glenmore Park

Very impressed with this steam generator

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Elad A.
Elad A.asked

Anyone knows why there is only one button for steam? If i want a steam boost?

DEBNasked

This is my second Tefal Steam station. I had my previous one for over 10 years and would still have it if I had not dropped the iron. This is the replacement and I am EXTREMELY disappointed with it. Firstly, I returned the original purchase because I thought it was faulty. The next one was exactly the same. It runs out of puff after about 20 minutes of continuous ironing on the highest setting. I have a lot of linen so I use the linen setting. Even though the tank is not empty, I refill it to max and there is only a clicking noise when I hit the steam button. I have to turn it off and then come back half an hour later and resume. This never happened with the previous model. The steam was constant as long as there was water in it. I hate this iron. Don't get me started on Tefal customer service. It does not exist. Cannot get anyone to answer the many many phone calls I have made despite waiting on the line for over 20 minutes in some cases. One day I hit the appropriate number as a supplier and got straight through to an Australian call centre who said this was not her area and I shouldn't have any trouble getting on to the BELGIUM call centre for customer service.Well, I could not get onto anyone by phone so I resorted to email and I finally got a reply email and all they said was return to the place of purchase if it was faulty. Well I did that but the next one is absolutely no better. This iron does not compare to my original Tefal. After using one for ten years, I am fully aware of how it performed and this new one does not compare

Lofty

It has a 2 year warranty and you need to produce your receipt and take it back to place of purchase.
I have had mine over 2 years and dont have any problems with it .

DEBN

I am looking at my 2nd receipt from February 2019. I know I can take it back to the place of purchase, and remember this has already been replaced. This makes me feel that this is as good as it gets, which is not as good as the original Tefal I used for over 10 years. I am just so annoyed that I dial the australian telephone number on the yellow sticker which is attached to the cord of the iron and I cannot speak to anyone. This time I take it back I will be getting a refund. I could not possibly be unlucky enough to have two faulty irons. I guess Tefal have changed something and I will get replacements from the purchase point till the cows come home, but they will continue to run out of steam. Tefal should provide some form of customer support so I can discuss this

Kathyasked

What is the weight of the iron itself? I’ve found some steam station irons to be quite heavy. Normally I would check out an item pre purchase in store. Unfortunately no one in my area stocks this model. Also what are the dimensions of the unit?

Max

i think is less than kg.
I 'll let you know soon as i am getting one at DJ ( on sale at $400)

Max

very good, but not phenomenal.
it's less than 2kg. ( any lighter and the " hot plate " would be to thin, i think, hence loosing temperature).
You only feel the weight when lifting the iron. Otherwise it glides effortlessly ( feather weight) on clothes.
There is plenty of very dry steam and i don't need to refill it often.
Bought at DJ ($399) few days ago.

Kathy

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Information is helpful and very much appreciated.

See all Tefal Pro Express GV9080 questions

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators
FeaturesAnti-Drip, Auto Shut Off, Detachable Tank, Variable Steam Control and Vertical Steam
CordlessNo